PDA

View Full Version : Orange plastics / white frame?

TacicalRedneck
02-02-2013, 08:18 PM
So- i was going to trade the 400ex for a 450r- but the deal feel through- and i can't find any decent quads to trade for without paying an arm and a leg. So- i want to change mine up a little.
I've got orange plastics- a black frame- chrome stem and upper a-arms, lsr axle (little rusty) - ac nerfs/bumper - and dwt black.orange rear beadlocks.

Im thinking about getting my frame/lower a-arms/ hubs/swingarm pc'd or painted white. Possibally even my nerfs?

And get black front rims (lose the stock ones)

How do you guys think it would look?

How would you change it?

I just can't get a good mental picture :ermm: :scary:

Heres how she sits↓

bbender85
02-04-2013, 05:50 AM
i think it would look good white. i'd def do the nerfs too, since there is so little frame actually showing on those. the air shrouds would look great if they were orange to match the plastics too.

if it were me i'd do the frame and shrouds orange to match the plastics with white nerfs and front bumper. then white graphics to tie everything together. def black front wheels either way (even if you PC the stock ones, no reason to upgrade them IMO).

JOHNDOE83
02-05-2013, 07:08 AM
I prefer paint over PC, cause when the PC gets old and looks like crap its twice as hard and twice as expensive to re coat it.

Quality spray paint works VERY well, Easy to touch up and easy to remove and re paint different colors.

I like the orange and white idea, try to avoid painting things like the axle, shrouds and nerfs. Anything thats already metal can be hit with a vibrating sander and some 150-220 grit paper will make the metal look brand new and shine, you could always clear coat your bare metal also for a good look and protection.

Your axle is rusted and scratched just like mine is I bet, just jack up the rear end and take a 4in grinder with a metal sandind disc to the axle, start the motor let it idle in second or 3 rd gear and just run the sander back and forth on the axle until its uniform and sanded clean, then clearcoat and be done!

If you dont wanna clear coat some used oil or silicone spray will keep it looking good and wont rust or corrode. You just have to re apply it after every wash.

Also the vibrating/jitterbug sander will make your exhaust header shine like you wouldnt believe.

heres a pic of my header halfway done with a jitterbug sander and 180 grit paper. I hit it with a wire wheel first then the 180 grit, debating on whether to hit it with 220grit or just leave it.

lol my phone is dead, ill edit this in about 20mins to show the pic.

bbender85
02-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
..try to avoid painting things like the axle, shrouds and nerfs. Anything thats already metal can be hit with a vibrating sander and some 150-220 grit paper will make the metal look brand new and shine, you could always clear coat your bare metal also for a good look and protection.

Your axle is rusted and scratched just like mine is I bet, just jack up the rear end and take a 4in grinder with a metal sandind disc to the axle, start the motor let it idle in second or 3 rd gear and just run the sander back and forth on the axle until its uniform and sanded clean, then clearcoat and be done!

if you're into polished stuff, sure. me personally i don't like chrome/polished anything. again, just a personal preference.

as far as the rear axle, i just wrap mine in black electrical tape. looks good, and if it gets beat up its cheap and easy to redo.

JOHNDOE83
02-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by bbender85

as far as the rear axle, i just wrap mine in black electrical tape. looks good, and if it gets beat up its cheap and easy to redo.

LOL ya I did that once to and it does actually look good and hold up for a long time.

beastlywarrior
02-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by bbender85
if you're into polished stuff, sure. me personally i don't like chrome/polished anything. again, just a personal preference.

My favorite, camo duct tape