PDA

View Full Version : Couple wiring questions

racer82
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
~~Im in the process lf rebuilding my 2007 trx 450r and was going through my wiring. I found cut wires and most everything was hacked. I was wonder if i took off my temperature sensor if the fan will still come on? I also have a couple more questions. Sorry for my ranting and mispellings!
~~I spliced the two wires that come from the thumb throttle housing together. Can i eliminate anything else since i already spliced the wires? (Tors?)
~~I took out the neutral light and wires, can i block off the sensor outlet underneath the chain or does it stay?
~~I hooked up a toggle switch for my on/off on my headlights. Wondering if i can hook up a toggle for the high/low beams. Right now i just have the high , low, and wire from the on/off three way wired together
Thats all the questions for now. If anyone cares i also deleted the tailight an wires, hooked up a dirtbike kill switch for my started button, in the process of an alluminum wiring mud guard, and also as i said above toggle switch for headlight, thumb throttle spliced, two wires from clutch lever removed. I think thats it so far.
Thanks for the answers and when my quads done ill post the pictures i have for a rebuild thread!!

desratt
02-03-2013, 10:40 AM
If thermostat is eliminated fan won't come on. Some hard wire to a bolt right ther and it will always be on. Do that and throw in a switch and you can turn on and off. I elliminated it and removed the fan.

racer82
02-03-2013, 11:09 AM
How would i wire it then. Take bothe wires to a ground or one to ground and one to another wire?
Thanks for th response

DnB_racing
02-03-2013, 12:50 PM
In Rollies first thread (frequently asked questions)

there is a link to a thread I made of all different wiring harness combinations its called "race harness diagrams"
(or something like that)

check it out and any more questions let me know...I've walked a bunch of members through all kinds of wiring scenarios

racer82
02-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Okay ill look at that thread.
Thanks for the replies

desratt
02-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Thermostat only has 1 wire. Ground it out and fan comes on. Splice a switch in that 1 wire