PDA

View Full Version : HRC End Cap?

Rohr397
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Well I'm pretty tight on money, and I can't afford an exhaust system, so I'm looking for something cheap to get a little more power out of and more importantly give my quad a bit better sound. I honestly have trouble with having the engine noise so quiet, I like to use it to help me judge throttle control for certain obstacles and taking that out of it makes it harder to get it just right. I noticed the HRC End Cap for the 06 was fairly cheap on eBay and places like that, I've got $40 to spare, and I already have the main jet and leak jet from the HRC kit, so I hopefully wouldn't have to change much. For $40 would it be good investment? I honestly don't care about the power thing right now priority number one is getting tires and wheels but I do need a little something more for the time being, and used exhausts aren't too cheap it seems either, so I'm thinking the safest bet is throwing an HRC part on. Pulling the baffle just seems stupid, and it sounds terrible, but I feel like there's potential for getting more out the of the stock system somehow.

Rich250RRacer
02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
There is no HRC endcap for an 06-newer model, only 04-05. On the newer style, you remove the stock center core (baffle) and leave it open, or install the difuser core that comes with the kit to bring it down to AMA sound level restrictions. Either option uses the original endcap, which is just a thin piece of stainless steel.