PDA

View Full Version : 2013 XC Build

Balaz_73*00
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Always enjoyed watching other builds come together, so figured I'd take the time to actually track mine with pictures and share with you guys as I go. Little backgroung on me: I've always raced and rode MX, but now that I'm getting a little older (25), wiser, and have a real job I've started to realized racing MX is pretty much pointless and dare I say dangerous. Traveling to races to be on the track for such a short time is dumb and really you get nothing out of racing. Going into 2013 I've decided to go back to my roots of riding which was woods. I've always enjoyed riding trails and entered my first XC race in 2011 and rode one in 2012. I had a blast even on my MX bike. I figured for 2013 I'd build a machine meant for XC and focus on riding the IXCR series here in Indiana.

The picture below shows what I'm starting with. I went ahead and found the cleanest 04-05 I could. This one in particular is an 04. I'm gona be stripping some parts off my MX bike (which is starting to show it age and get clapped out) and merge things over to the clean 04 I bought. It came with stock wheels but I immediately put these Hipers on. I found the set in like new condition on craigslist for $480. At the time I was just looking for trail tires so I sold the rims for $500 and just kept the tires for free. Regretting that now..

Balaz_73*00
02-01-2013, 06:02 PM
I got to work and stripped the stocker down, bought a Teixeira Tech gusset kit and hand delivered the goods to leager400 in Indianapolis. Jerry does amazing work if none of you have seem the stuff he does over in the hybrid section. He got it blasted for me and installed the kit.

Balaz_73*00
02-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I had Jerry make me these custom bosses to attach my poly skid. I previously had bolts holding it in on my MX bike which was always a pain. These are SWEET! In this pic you can also see how Jerry re-flowed the factory welds around the pegs. He did the same thing to several other spots on the frame, again top notch.

Balaz_73*00
02-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Just a close up of some nice welds. Overall, Im very pleased with the Teixeira Tech guesset kit. I had a Lonestar kit (no complaints) on my black (framed) bike and this one is similar. The only piece I miss is the coil mount gusset. Anyway, shout out to Ed Teixeira and his products. This is my first year with them as a sponsored rider and will have more of his stuff to showcase as I go.

jjohns5
02-01-2013, 06:48 PM
HA this was the frame Jerry was talking about his work is second to none, nice Andy I'll be watching the progress!!

Portuga
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Very nice. Cant wait to see the progress.

Balaz_73*00
02-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Figured I'd post some pics of the stuff I've been accumulating over the past couple months. I sold the Houser arms off the black bike and ended up trading my Fox fronts with Nick at Jet Suspension. I did this knowing I'd be swapping the stock stuff off the silver (framed) bike to the black one. I picked up TT +1 longtravel arms, and will be using Jet's stealth long travel conversion front shocks. This is the same setup that pro GNCC rider Donnie Ockerman runs. I also picked up a set of +1 Galfer brake lines.

Balaz_73*00
02-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Moving on I knew I'd need to rebuild my 06+ swinger off the black bike for the fresh build. Again, moving the stock 04 swinger to the black bike. This is the only piece I didn't powder coat because it still looked pretty good. I put new pivot bearings in and added the TT skid plate. This in my opinion is one of the best on the market. It incorporates a poly piece for the rotor and a single fin on the inside of the chain. Slap a single outter guard on and you have the protection of a dual sprocket guard without the rotating mass of a dual and the threat of stuff getting lodged in that area.

Balaz_73*00
02-02-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm also bringing the link over from the black bike, I was running the standard 06+ swinger with DC-6 link. Rebuild was in store for this..

Balaz_73*00
02-02-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm bringing the lonestar axle over from the black bike too. This was a +0 to +4 so I'll most likely be running it all the way narrow. I sent it out to get straightened, re-chromed, and also had them put a new sprocket hub on as mine was getting loose. I had my rear fox freshened up by Jet Suspension while I was at it. The new carrier you see is the East Coast one. This is the only area I'm kind of regretting skimping out on. I've heard horror stories and also good things, trust me I did my research. I couldn't pass up a new carrier for $100. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me.

eastside 400
02-02-2013, 07:58 AM
if you are worried about the carrier, you could always put better bearings in it before you use it...The carrier itself cant really fail, its the bearings that do, the ECATV carriers use cheap bearings. Basically all aftermarket carriers use the same bearing, either a double wide or 2 stock sized bearings next to each other. All Balls sells a kit for aftermarket carriers, it uses the 2 double wide bearings. LSR and others sell rebuild kits to but are way over priced, the all balls one was like 40 bucks i believe for 2 bearings and seals

Balaz_73*00
02-02-2013, 08:44 AM
That was my logic, a billet housing is a billet housing. I believe I read chinese bearings are crap. I googled and looked into the bearing that came in it and I think I remember seeing that were a Japanese company that even had manufacturing facilities here in the states. It was awhile back but I felt ok about it.

AtvKid4Eva
02-02-2013, 06:00 PM
thats amazing that JET can take stock 450r shocks and convert them to LT. Very cool! Cool build!

Balaz_73*00
02-03-2013, 09:54 AM
I decided to go with "silver sparkle" for the frame and sub frame. I've always liked the factory look on a bike that had all the top parts. My vision will be coming together soon!

Dave400ex
02-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Looks good Andy! Nice to see a build thread on here. First time in 5 years I'm not building a dealer show quad, kind of miss it!

Balaz_73*00
02-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Appreciate the kind words guys! Little progress from earlier. I cleaned up all the bolt holes just so everything went in smooth as butter. Got the subframe on and various grommets in place. Put the steering stem on as well as the arms and spindles. I'm meticulous as it is, but I'm going over the top for my first XC build. I know reliability is key. Everything is is being greased, lock-tighted and torqued to spec. I just got an awesome Snap-on torque wrench for xmas (she's a keeper)

Balaz_73*00
02-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Closer look at the front end. I think I'm getting close to having to take this thing out to the garage to continue!

chronicsmoke
02-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Looking good Andy, I'm sub'd for progress!

fastredrider44
02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd look into a stem to match your a-arms, it will help with handling. Also, if you run an OS tank, more than likely you will need to get a longer stem anyway. It's cool to see an MX guy switching over. Time will tell if you will stick to the switch. If you are planning on running all of the IXCR races, chances are you and me will cross paths at some point in time.

Balaz_73*00
02-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I'd look into a stem to match your a-arms, it will help with handling. Also, if you run an OS tank, more than likely you will need to get a longer stem anyway. It's cool to see an MX guy switching over. Time will tell if you will stick to the switch. If you are planning on running all of the IXCR races, chances are you and me will cross paths at some point in time.

Ive never had the desire to get an aftermarket stem, I really do like the height of stock. And they are a dime a dozen for when they bend. It has been a thought for when I get an oversized tank tho. Hopefully we do run into eachother!

Balaz_73*00
02-04-2013, 05:47 PM
So Im fitting up my brakes and I have way too much slack. The lines are +1 but its still too much. What have you guys done?

xcracer416
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Balaz_73*00
So Im fitting up my brakes and I have way too much slack. The lines are +1 but its still too much. What have you guys done?
stock length

Balaz_73*00
02-04-2013, 06:45 PM
I managed to get it to work with some creative routing. Well see how it looks once its sitting on all 4, hopefully no rubbing.

Dave400ex
02-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I ran into this problem and started running stock length. In 2011 I took them off at the show and had Kurtis from Streamline take them back and shorten them for me. :D

Here's how I like to route them. Inside the arm, keeps it from touching the wheel.

Balaz_73*00
02-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks Dave. I actually dug thru pics from your build and ran them similar to that. I still may tweak them a little once I see how the clearance is sitting.

fhrtrx450r33
02-05-2013, 01:39 AM
On the break line subject. I'm running a +3 Houser stem and DeRisi +1 arms. You guys think that since I have such a tall stem that +1 lines will work fine? Asking because the stock lines were barely long enough with my stock arms Also do you guys like the Streamline dual front lines or the the style that runs into a T?

Balaz_73*00
02-05-2013, 06:47 AM
I cant comment on the dual lines but I measured the length from the T to the end by the brake lever and it was at about 29 inches. I dont think they make those different lengths when you order +1 +2 ect. You are ordering length for the arms. If I had to do it over Id probably order stock length. I still might do that.

Edit: All it took was typing that out. I ordered stock length lines. These are up for sale if anyone wants them. Will be perfect for +2s!!

fastredrider44
02-05-2013, 08:04 AM
How much? I run +1s

Balaz_73*00
02-05-2013, 08:08 AM
I think $65 shipped is fair. Little break from full retail and shipping. Includes unopened banjo bolts and washers

fastredrider44
02-05-2013, 10:14 AM
PM me your paypal address or address you want a check mailed to and I'll take them. Thanks

Balaz_73*00
02-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Got a little more work done yesterday and today. Mounted up the shocks and put the rear end together. Finally got a roller..

Balaz_73*00
02-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Shot of the rear. I put one spacer on the inside thinking it'd be perfect with the +1 front end but it looked too wide. Hard to tell though without the full weight of the quad weighing down the front end as well and not having adjusted the shocks

AtvKid4Eva
02-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Looks Good! Running a stock stem?

Balaz_73*00
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by AtvKid4Eva
Looks Good! Running a stock stem?

Thanks dude! For now yes Ill be running the stock stem. I always have my eyes open for a good deal so we'll see.

The first Ixcr race is on Feb 24 so Im gona be getting it together soon. Im still undecided with what Im doing with the engine so I will be dropping the engine in from the black bike til I decide what Im doing with the silver one.

Balaz_73*00
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Rocky Mountain comes through again with super fast shipping. They are awesome! Got my brake lines and I got them mounted up today. Much better fit with the so called "stock length". I've had problems in the past getting a good feel in the brake lever so I had done my research ahead of time and got it perfect first time. Bought a siringe and some tube and was going to reverse bleed them. Was kind of having a problem with that so I just filled the reservoir and used the siringe to suction the fluid thru. Worked great. I spent a good amount of time getting the lines how I wanted but I am completely satisfied. Thanks to fastredrider44 for picking up my lines right away to help offset the purchase of these line.

Balaz_73*00
02-09-2013, 04:21 PM
A pic of both quads side by side. This is where I sit right now. Got my bars mounted and some of the controls. Narrowed the axle all the way down. Spent alot of time in the garage today and don't feel like I got much done. I did end up having to notch my right rail gusset for the plastic to fit just like jjohn5 was talking about in his thread. On the plus side, I am organized now and will have the motor in sometime between now and tomorrow.

Balaz_73*00
02-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Had one guy pm me asking what Im doing with the motor so figured Id share with everyone. The plan is to take the stock untouched motor and put a fresh updated crank in, inspect cylinder, and put in a new piston (prob 12.5:1) I was gona snag the mxp head/hc2 off the black bike but this is where im still unsure. Im half way tempted to just run a stock head for reliability. My race head has oversized valves which is the only thing worrying me for reliability but I know id miss the snap of the p&p. Are oversized valves something to worry about?

Anyway, original plans were to have everything sorted out before the race season so I wouldnt have to be taking motors in and out. This first race creeped up on me so just taking the full mxp motor over in the meanwhile. Exhaust wise, I will be running Rossier.

jjohns5
02-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Nice progress Andy, I'm still waiting on my crank and a few engine items so I can get crackin again have fun.

eastside 400
02-10-2013, 04:26 PM
oversized valves have the same reliability as stock size. nothing is different. Are you using Ti valves or SS?

Balaz_73*00
02-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks eastside. I leave the engine work to the professionals other than normal maintenace. Im not as knowledgable and skilled in the internals as Id like to be. I would like to tackle the full rebuild myself but dont think I have all the correct tools and dont quite trust myself.

Anyway, the mxp head has TI valves. I wasnt sure if it made a difference in reliability so thats why I asked. Thanks again.

fastredrider44
02-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I run softer springs with Ti valves in one of my bikes and it's fantastic. I also have Copper seats in that head. One complete race season later, the seats and valves were still looking new and did not need reshimming. (Guess around 25 hours on motor) It also helps that I never run a dirty air filter. I don't think you would have any issue with OS valves, but you definately don't want a motor that will wear you out. I've had big motors and small motors, and honestly a high HP motor will just wear you out quicker in the woods.

eastside 400
02-11-2013, 07:48 PM
well Ti valve setups require a bit more maintenance. As long as you have copper seats you will be okay, but make sure you keep the air filter clean. If the coating wears off the Ti valve then they are junk..SS valves hold up better, but obviously Ti can use lighter spring pressures if running big cams

HondaRacing83
02-12-2013, 04:10 PM
i think from the picture your runnin normal non beadlocks rims because you sold your hipers if im correct, what do you plan on doing for rims? keepin them or gettin beadlocks? dwt would get my vote. cheap light and reliable

Balaz_73*00
02-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the replies on the motor guys. I feel comfortable enough to go ahead and bring the head over. When I send it out, I will make sure they check that everything is in good shape/replace anything that needs attention.

Im not too sure my exact plans for the wheels. Im ok with it how its sitting for now. Im more focused on getting everything together.

I will have more progress pics soon! Its getting close!

patrickj75
02-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the replies on the motor guys. I feel comfortable enough to go ahead and bring the head over. When I send it out, I will make sure they check that everything is in good shape/replace anything that needs attention.

Im not too sure my exact plans for the wheels. Im ok with it how its sitting for now. Im more focused on getting everything together.

I will have more progress pics soon! Its getting close!

What are doing for graphics? I make graphics kits if you don't have anything going already.

Balaz_73*00
02-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by patrickj75
What are doing for graphics? I make graphics kits if you don't have anything going already.

I have a couple options right now im working. I have seen your stuff and actually really like the shape of your rear fender graphics, they look like theyd fit extremely well. Thanks for the offer tho! I might try you on a spare set of plastics

patrickj75
02-13-2013, 11:46 AM
I have a couple options right now im working. I have seen your stuff and actually really like the shape of your rear fender graphics, they look like theyd fit extremely well. Thanks for the offer tho! I might try you on a spare set of plastics

Sounds good!

Balaz_73*00
02-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Quad is done! I will post pics and a little write up tomorrow. Def takes some effort keeping on top of all this!

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Here is a pic of the quad with the "old" motor in. I brought it over as a complete assembly: engine, oil cooler, and radiatior.

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Didn't take as many pics as I should have. Here is the next pic I have. I got the carb, intake, and pipe on. I found a great deal on a rossier header so I bought that used and bought the slip on new from Rossier. I have $260 in the exhaust. Pretty proud of that. I got the rear brakes on, chain on, as well as some stock heel guards I picked up. I have my Rath 44s to potentially put on but I wanted to try running no nerfs.

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Here she is all buttoned up!

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Shot of the front. That meier hood came with the stocker. I have my black quadtech I could put on but I'm kind of wanting a red one. Or white if/when I go to white plastics. I still need to bring my ASV brake lever over. Got a precision stabilizer hiding under there too

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Shifter side. Kind of hard to see but I do have Rich 17 frame guards on there.

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Im running a super heavy duty sprocket guard I picked up from member blacknblue. It's steel and heavy, so I may switch it up.

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Shot of the beast in its natural habitat. I made it out for a brief ride yesterday. Everything felt great. Shocks were amazing. I couldnt be happier

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Big shout out to all my sponsors who helped me out so far and will be helping me out throughout the season: Teixeira Tech, Fly, Rath, Laker Plastics, Smith Optics, Honda East of Toledo, Quad Tech, Garne, SF Racing, Hinson, Maxima, Pivot Work & Subsidiaries, and SSi Decals.

AtvKid4Eva
02-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Looks great! Gonna run a frame skid plate?

Also i think a red quadtech with a 08 tank with red cover will top it off perfect!:D

jjohns5
02-19-2013, 07:35 PM
^^^Nice job Andy, red hood and red tank cover would look great!

Balaz_73*00
02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys! Yes I do have a poly skid I will be running. I knew I was gona change the oil right after this ride so I left it off.

I do agree a 08+ tank/cover would look perfect. Oversized tank is prob on the horizon so I dont wana get that for nothing. And I have some graphics in the works and will most likely be running white laker plastics to compliment, so Im holding off on a hood decision.

Its mostly done but I will prob tweak a few things. Ill keep the thread posted. Fresh motor needs to go in as well as a possible upgrade in wheels.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
02-22-2013, 05:10 AM
The bike looks good. I always like when they have the "stock" look with all of the aftermarket goodies. Props on the build. How do you like them Razr's?

Balaz_73*00
02-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks! Ive only rode on them a few times. They hook up great but seem to be pretty soft. I wouldnt buy them outright if I was shopping around for the pure fact I think they are too soft for xc. I just ended up with them in the Hiper deal I talked about in the first post.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
02-22-2013, 10:08 AM
I see. It seems you don't get what you pay for tires anymore. The more expensive they get, the poorer the quality.

Balaz_73*00
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Prices are getting out of hand but Id say you cant go wrong with the razr/razr2 combo. That will be my next set.

Balaz_73*00
02-23-2013, 08:53 AM
A motor decision has been made. The complete stocker is going to Hilltop Motorsports here in Indiana. Had a long conversation with Andy the owner and Ive heard and got nothing but good vibes. Im taking the motor with me to the Ixcr race tomorrow so that will save on shipping. The plan is to inspect/replace the crank and bearings. Inspect cylinder/replace if needed and pop a new piston in. That brings me to the head. He personally doesnt run oversized valves on any of his teams machines that are 04-05. He said he had no problem inspecting and putting the mxp head on there but I may have him work the stock head and keep it a matching set. Looking forward to working with these guys. I was up in the air with where I was sending it. Janssen, Baldwin, and DRG were who I was considering prior to this decision. I feel sometimes its bette to work with a smaller shop than some of these hi volume places. Word of mouth is what made up my mind. Everything I heard was positive and that was reinforced with my conversation with Hilltop

Dave400ex
02-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Great choice going with Andy! He will take good care of you. It's nice to work with someone local and he will be at the races for support, etc.

Balaz_73*00
03-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Just a little update for you guys. Put the quad through its second race today. Shes been running and riding great, handling these nasty Indiana conditions well! So much for fresh powder...

Anyway, the full mxp motors been in. Im surprised I havent blown that thing yet! I took the stocker to Hilltop as previously mentioned, and decided I was NOT gona put the MXP head on it. Im having Hilltop do the porting on my head.

The build is fresh crank/bearings down low, 11:5 weisco piston, Hilltop porting, fresh Serdi valve job, new valves, and 04-05 hrc cam. Ive decided to do a Rekluse clutch, Im still making up my mind on which model. Hilltop suggested the Z start pro, but Im thinking about putting EXP in just bc from what Ive ready you still get the standard "clutch pull" feel. Im open to any advice/experience with the Rekluses.

eastside 400
03-26-2013, 05:14 PM
i run the core 2.0 which is the EXP but without their inner hub setup and all, i use it in my crf250 and love it...the only downside to just the core disc is that you loose a couple friction disc's but with their exp setup it lets you get them back. I never rode a z start but i think the exp is the way to go

turbo j
03-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Awesome Build!!! Thanks for putting the time into the write up.

Balaz_73*00
03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Not a problem!

Thanks for the input eastside..the price difference is pretty significant, im really torn on what to do.

ridered32
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
I have a Z start pro and almost everyone I ride and race with have Z start pros too. I love mine. I heard that the exps had some issues but don't quote me on that. If I was buying a new clutch, it'd be another Z start pro.

Dave400ex
03-27-2013, 06:00 PM
I would go with the Z-Start Pro. Parker had both and we ended up putting the Pro back in his quad last season. I personally like the fact when you pull the clutch lever there isn't much feel, you'll never get tired from shifting! I think the Rekluse is one of the best things I ever put in any of mine, I wouldn't build an XC quad without one.

Balaz_73*00
03-28-2013, 08:03 AM
I didnt see these replies til this morning, but I had a long conversation with Andy at Hilltop yesterday afternoon and decided the Z start pro is going in. Were doing it right and putting the Rekluse Basket in too. These replies only confirm what Im going with. Im picking the motor up next weekend..I cant wait to ride the Rekluse!!

Balaz_73*00
04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Got my motor back in! I ran it this past weekend and it ran awesome. I pulled the holeshot in Junior B and ended up 5th in my class but 20th overall out of 200+. We have some savvy riders in Junior B. The top 5 in Junior B would have placed 2-6 in IXCR A class. The Rekluse was sick! I have added the graphics from the old bike for the meanwhile.

Balaz_73*00
04-18-2013, 05:36 PM
I picked up some white plastics and a white quadtech hood, just waiting on my graphics. I did get rear ended in the race this weekend and destoyed my Rossier pipe which sucks. Luckily it still ran fine til the end, looks worse in the pic because I bent it some to try and get it out..I resorted to cutting it out! It only had about 5 hrs on it since new. If anyone wants to salvage the header flange or silencer, hit me up

Dave400ex
04-18-2013, 06:25 PM
How did the new engine compare to your old one?

Balaz_73*00
04-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Power wise id say comparable. But it was much quieter and felt very tight and crisp. Much more than my other engine. I did have some hard hours on the other so its not quite apples to apples.

Balaz_73*00
08-31-2013, 06:50 AM
I realized I never posted a picture with the white plastics and graphics. Here she is!

chronicsmoke
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Looks sick, Andy!!

I took my MX quad out for my first XC race ever this weekend and now I'm contemplating going the same route as you and building it for the woods..

what has happened to me lol..

Balaz_73*00
09-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks man! I have zero regrets going this route!

ridered32
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Shaving a little off of the inside of your kick lever will keep it from rubbing the clutch cover.

Balaz_73*00
09-12-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't think the kicker is hitting, I think the rub mark is from my boots. Is what it is.

ridered32
09-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Oh well then you're in good shape lol. Looked like the kick lever.

Balaz_73*00
11-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Figured Id end this thread with a season recap. The bike made it through all 10 IXCR races and 1 MWXC race. I never rode it other than racing. She was absolutely bullet proof. Im definitley hooked and will be at it again next year. I won the Junior B championship and will be making the move to A class for 2014. All I have to say is HONDA rules!

chronicsmoke
11-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Figured Id end this thread with a season recap. The bike made it through all 10 IXCR races and 1 MWXC race. I never rode it other than racing. She was absolutely bullet proof. Im definitley hooked and will be at it again next year. I won the Junior B championship and will be making the move to A class for 2014. All I have to say is HONDA rules!

Congrats Andy! :muscle:

Not regretting the change from MX I take it?

Balaz_73*00
11-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Thanks bud! No regrets at all. Its so much more fun. I do ocassionally still ride MX. My ol man has an LTR I can ride whenever. Although I may be putting together a MX Honda again, just to have in case I get the urge. Im debating on taking my practice woods bike to mx or just getting a 3rd quad. This is getting outta hand...lol

HondaRacing83
12-08-2013, 05:14 PM
You need handguards dude!

Balaz_73*00
12-08-2013, 06:16 PM
I ran mitts! But no actual firm hand guards. I didnt really see a need other than keeping my hands dry/mud free. All the pics I posted didnt have em on. Here's an action pic with what I ran.

HondaRacing83
12-09-2013, 03:41 PM
I dig it man very nice build. You liking xc more than mx?