PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a white frame white

z400bs
01-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I just painted my frame white and I have heard the rumors of them turning "yellow" and having a dirty tent to them. Any suggestions on what to use to keep it looking nice and clean without messing up the paint?

Mtndew99
01-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Wash it after you ride don't do what I used to and wait the day before I was going riding to make it look pretty to get dirty

DnB_racing
01-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by z400bs
I just painted my frame white and I have heard the rumors of them turning "yellow" and having a dirty tent to them. Any suggestions on what to use to keep it looking nice and clean without messing up the paint? the thing I've found too keep any color quad its cleanest and looking and performing its best is,,, wash as soon as possible after ride then spray the whole quad down with wd40, of course not brakes... but everything else plastic, motor, frame by the time you ride dust might stick to it more when riding but it helps keep mud from sticking ,,,

I've done this for years and all my quads are always new looking, and usually the best looking of the group, and the only thing I've done different then my buddies is the after wash spray

fx4pitrone
01-29-2013, 08:31 PM
X2^^^^ Always wash right away and wd-40 everywhere like he said... my buddies always bust my balls because they say it looks like shiz on Sunday afternoon, then the next weekend it looks showroom again... they always say they wanna buy my bikes when I sell

z400bs
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
That sounds like it will work and give it an extra layer of protection. I will give it a try. thanks.

kono993
01-30-2013, 12:52 PM
get on your hands and knees and scrub it haha;)