PDA

View Full Version : Bens JB mod for sale in classifieds

edwardsp&b
01-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Hey guys, Ben has taken off on dirtbikes and wants to concentrate on that. We have been hanging out with so many of you for so long, I hate to leave. Matter of fact, not hanging out at the track with all of you people is the worst part about it. Im putting up his JB mod for sale now. It is under the classifieds. The cobra is at Grissoms, and will be put up for sale as soon as it comes back.

I want to take a quick opportunity to thank a few people that we have met and helped us through the years......

Marc at Hotquads....You got us into this, and its the best thing weve ever done. Thanks for being there for all the stupid questions and tuning sessions. Most of all thanks for being there as a friend. You and Mrs Karen are some of the best people weve ever met.

Mike Deal, Matt Bost, and Gary Fallon.....These are 3 great guys, and they have helped us alot. I cant say enough about how much our family enjoys spending time with yall. Gary's customer support is top notch. After any race we were in, you could bet on a call from Gary and then Marc to see how it went. If you want a sponsor that truly cares about your racer, on and off the track. This is the place to go.

Jonathan Cushman, Trai Sorrow, Wilkerson, Halvorson, Capeheart and the rest of the DP gang. Cant say how much we enjoyed all the weekends of riding and racing against yall. Not a better group of mini dads out there. These guys will drop what they are doing to help out another racer. Cant say enough about them.

Bruce Carson, Henson, and Brocato These are great families and we enjoyed spending so much time with yall. I remember a few years ago Carson and us went to eat one night and he asked me how much we enjoyed Nationals. I reckon you understand now.

These are just off the top of my head, there are alot of others not named I would like to thank. Not just for your help, but for being a friend.

Thanks from Bryan, Ben, and the rest of the Kirkland clan.

neveready
01-29-2013, 12:14 PM
thanks moderator for finally getting this thread under control

nastynotchback1
01-29-2013, 12:17 PM
What did i say that needed to be removed in this thread?????

What about the thread i put up thats been shot to crap.No mod removals in that one.

neveready
01-29-2013, 12:19 PM
They have edited many of the posts by the user in question, and posed a warning, which I'm sure a ban will follow once the pm's and others are reviewed.

nastynotchback1
01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
I see.Tell them to look at my pm's where he threaten to kill me and says he has been doing research on me.I'm sure that will get him a ban.

Scro
01-29-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't have a way to view PM's, but I don't doubt what you are saying. It's probably best to let it die for now.

nastynotchback1
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I don't have a way to view PM's, but I don't doubt what you are saying. It's probably best to let it die for now.

you got pm's

01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I never once said I will kill you. You stated that I need counciling. And what I sent you in a pm was that my guns were my conciling. That means when im upset or need to blow some heat off I go to the range..

01-29-2013, 01:00 PM
And I have also sent your msg to them too. Get your stuff straight before you go snitching on people..

edwardsp&b
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks moderators....now remove the rest of his trash!
Bryan

nastynotchback1
01-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by echoracing
And I have also sent your msg to them too. Get your stuff straight before you go snitching on people..

I sent the pm's i wrote to them also.Thanks

01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Cool bro.. It take 2 to tango. I didn't start this on my own...

01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Ok sorry. I understand.. Keep the bs elsewhere... Good luck to all racing in 2013!!!

JAG Motosports
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
ummmm back on topic ...

congrats and welcome to the dark side. I never thought i would ever get Jordan to try dirtbikes but I did get a yr commitment out of him. He really likes it and thinks its great that we can go to any track and not be the odd man out. Havent talked him into sellin the quad yet but I think I'm getting close :D Good luck and maybe we'll see ya at a track sometime

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp358/MiniQuadRiders/602676_10200102718680265_142020066_n_zps20191d45.j pg

01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Good luck!! My boy wants to race both quads and dirt bikes this year. So we will be doing both. It will be tuff, but he is storng and wants to do it!! Goold luck with the sale Bryan and to your boy racing bikes. Give it your all and have fun.

ontargetracing
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
sux Bryan.. another one gone.

hensonfamfun
01-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Kirkland!!!!!!!!!!!!! CMON!!!!!!!!!! I guess you know what you and your family have meant to us! Ben is a great rider BUT an even better person. You, bread crums, and Bost helped me get Connor back on track at Maryland and I never got the chance to repay the favor! We always looked forward to seeing you and the family at the track. I will miss that blad head, them ugly ***** white sunglasses and that laugh you can hear a mile away. Dang! Hate you are moving on but its just life! Best of luck to you and your family and your are welcome over at our camper anytime!

nastynotchback1
01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
i say good luck to you and ben.i know you will be racing a d-town so i will see you there.all i ask is that you don't become one of those mouthy dirt bike dads we always rag on LOL

thequadfather+2
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
see ya loser

Rich243
01-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Come on Trai......Bryan is always mouthy....and now he is a dirt bike dad. But I bet you won't hear him complain about quads riding on the same track.

We were at Bremen all day Sunday. Didn't see 1 quad all day. I don't think Andrew thought about it but it seemed really weird to me.

Looking forward to seeing all the Durhamtown gang soon!

thequadfather+2
01-29-2013, 06:04 PM
ok, ok...just kidding. I mean I thought this was just a big joke.

edwardsp&b
01-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes sir mr ken....it will be nice not to get the evil eyes when we show up to a track. Ben is dying to get down there and ride with y'all. That's definitely on the agenda. He has been riding everyday and says he loves it. Especially jumping! Selling the quad wasn't a big deal to him, he did ask for some of the money though. Kid must have lost his mind!

Unless I sell the cobra real quick we are going to run Aonia. So I'll see you guys one more time. We're gonna miss all the people the most. I think most of the fun of racing Atvs is the families involved in the sport. We enjoyed our time, wouldn't take it back for anything. Locals here are dead, so it's nationals or bust. I can't make all of them, so to us it seems pointless to keep on. I hope this sport makes a comeback, we loved it.

As for the dirtbikers, I know it won't be anything like the atmosphere we are accustomed to. I'll just put on my a-hole face and go about my business. Lol

edwardsp&b
01-29-2013, 08:12 PM
First time I see a quad on the track.....I'm gonna go nuts! J/k. It will be nice to be on the other end of the stick!

LT80
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
"We're gonna miss all the people the most. I think most of the fun of racing Atvs is the families involved in the sport. We enjoyed our time, wouldn't take it back for anything"

Sir, You're so right. I miss seeing all the friends I met at the nats.
It is a great feeling that even after all these years, I can still show up at a race and shake hands all day.
I'm sure you will be able too also. :)

hotquads1
01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't get on the forum much these days (lots of motors to build) but Karen called and told me she saw your post. Brian and Ben and the whole Kirkland gang, wish you the best in the bike world but hate to see ya leave the quads but keep in touch. Turbo and Ben had some great races and really pushed each other and my family really enjoyed the times spent with you guys at the races. We seem to be losing some good people to bikes more often these days , don't really know what to do about it... HMMM? maybe my wrenches will fit on those bike engines too.

Several years ago when my kid started racing quads this forum community was wealth of info and fellowship too, BUT guys, I love all you fellows ... this forum has been losing steam for some time and the bad language as well as inflamitory comments have gone off the chart. I don't feel good about my kids reading the forums and thats sad, lets man-up and keep it fun and informative and a blessing to the newbies that happen up on the board. I know most of you guys and this comment is not directed toward any one person just want to bring attention to the environment that is being created.

Marc

Ride1Rob
01-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Like Ken said, welcome to the dark side lol. Been almost 2 years for us and Jam absolutely LOVES it. I wouldn't change a thing about it and have been very pleased all the way around with our swap. Hope you guys have much success as you did on quads.

edwardsp&b
02-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Thanks Mr Marc. We really enjoyed racing with yall, but it was more fun hanging out and camping with your family. Youve helped us alot and for that were grateful.

Thanks Rob, he said he enjoys the bike a little more than the quad. The only reason he didnt want to switch, is because he wants to hang out with all of his quad buddies still. He picked it up alot faster than I would have imagined and says he loves riding it. I will say that its hard for me to watch him ride. He scares the crap out of me on that thing. We are going to come down that way some time and try to ride with all you guys!

Marc you are right about the forum. The forum is not even close to what it is was a few years ago. I too am partly to blame for the trash. Sometimes somebody makes comments and its hard not to respond to them. I reckon I need to act my age a little better.
Bryan

Ride1Rob
02-01-2013, 07:27 AM
LOL, I was the same way and there are some things that still scare me. But I've gotten used to it over the two years. I love not having to dump thousands of dollars into a single machine and like it was said before being the odd man at all the tracks sucked. Hope we can all get together when you come down. Gary Rozelle is bringing Christian down in March and plans on doing some racing and riding at a couple local tracks during their time down.

What bike is he on btw?

edwardsp&b
02-01-2013, 09:50 AM
We went with yz85's. The top end power is pretty impressive. I started looking, and even though Kawi looks to have better support, the Yammi fitted Ben's riding style. Hes happy with it, I got some suspenions to get dialed in, but he is loving it. I now let him ride everyday, so I bought a couple of bikes to race and one to beat up everyday at home. Couldnt do that on quads for the maintenence costs. Im completely setup with money in our pocket, and another quad to sell!!!!

Bryan

Ride1Rob
02-02-2013, 01:43 AM
That's what matters! His comfort and happiness ;) And don't let these clowns fool you about the Orange punch (KTM). Sure, it's an awesome machine but if rider is fast he/she will be fast on anything they're comfortable with. Here's Jam (#320) taking the holeshot on an engine I built for him against some nasty fast YZ's and 2013 model KTM's. No one else in this field has less than 5 yrs experience and he doesn't have a full two years yet. Some of the fastest kids in the Southeast were on this gate :eek2: .

edwardsp&b
02-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Thats killer!!! How fast are the new KTM's? I heard they have completely redone the motor, and now includes a powerband. I heard some bikers talking about 4 more horses.......They are pretty pricey though.
Bryan

Ride1Rob
02-02-2013, 03:21 PM
It's a legal Cheater bike to run in the stock class. FMF pipe with V Force reeds and cylinder work. But because it's from the dealer that way it's stock. Speaking about the sxs models BTW. If you don't spend that extra money and have the regular version (sx model) you can't purchase the same parts to put on your SX model and run in the stock class. Total bs! If they're gonna allow one bike to have certain hop up parts they should allow every other bike to have at least the same equal Mods. They changed the name from "stock" this year to "limited". Smh

nastynotchback1
02-04-2013, 06:11 AM
I figured as much as you liked the rm85 power he would be riding yellow.

edwardsp&b
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Trai, It was hard not too!! But Im happy with what we did.
Bryan

nastynotchback1
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Nothin wrong with blue either.Hey,we will probably go to Aonia sat and ride.Yall wanna go?

dewutfan
02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
First let say we miss all you guys really bad but Bryan you have always been great to us and we hope you guys do great. Ben you go man and go get em son we love you guys and we hope to see all you guys again someday soon ..

Ride1Rob
02-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Here's some footage from small race from a few months ago. Ran him with the 250 class to push him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDoi3uV7U1A

edwardsp&b
02-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Great Vid! Jam is rolling Robert!

Yeah, Duane, miss you guys down here!
Bryan

Ride1Rob
02-08-2013, 06:43 PM
LOL, thanks! He thinks he is anyway lol