PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder

louie401
01-27-2013, 04:47 PM
if i get my shocks revalved and stuff should i get aftermarket a arms because if i dont have to i dont want too

beastlywarrior
01-27-2013, 05:23 PM
No they can spring it for stock a arm leverage

louie401
01-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Okay cool thanks

AtvKid4Eva
01-28-2013, 08:31 AM
if your going to keep the stock a arms get yourself a pair of stock 450r shocks and have GT Thunder revalve them. They are a great improvement over the 400ex shocks. It would be a waste of money for the 400ex shocks to be revalved.

AtvKid4Eva
01-28-2013, 08:31 AM
ahh, i see you have 450r shocks :p

ben300
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
louie, i see your in PA. you running any races this season?

louie401
01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
yup im trying to find a close race in pa like a harescramble but their website doesnt have a schedule.ill be racing in some of the gncc to around here

ben300
01-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by louie401
yup im trying to find a close race in pa like a harescramble but their website doesnt have a schedule.ill be racing in some of the gncc to around here

I don't know where you are in PA, but you could try out the AWRCS series. They're schedules up I believe, and they have a sport class. You could also do the PAXC series, which is PAMX's XC series. They're schedules not up, but they'll be running beaver valley, ll raceway, high point, Pittsburgh race way park and they're trying to have a co sanction with GNCC at the foxburg gncc and the mountaineer.

louie401
01-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Ohh sweet Ive heard about those series are they the same as the hares ramble

louie401
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm gonna race the first race in the awrcs series

01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
You Pennsylvania and Ohio guys need to come and check out the AWRCS. This series is awesome. The tracks are fantastic! They give us a big mix of every type of terrain at every race. The first round this year is March 23/24 weekend. Come out and race, you won't be disappointed with this series.

louie401
01-30-2013, 04:58 AM
Ya I'm gonna go to that one I've watched videos on the track that hill climb is huge in temple ton pa is there away you can go around it

Zakradu398
01-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by #484
You Pennsylvania and Ohio guys need to come and check out the AWRCS. This series is awesome. The tracks are fantastic! They give us a big mix of every type of terrain at every race. The first round this year is March 23/24 weekend. Come out and race, you won't be disappointed with this series.

Ill be there hopefully :D I raced awrcs a few times at R&D when it was still open, live right down the road from it

ben300
01-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
Ill be there hopefully :D I raced awrcs a few times at R&D when it was still open, live right down the road from it

I'll be there as well! I'll be running the sport class. i dont feel like killing myself trying to keep up with the QXC-3 guys

ben300
01-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by louie401
Ya I'm gonna go to that one I've watched videos on the track that hill climb is huge in temple ton pa is there away you can go around it

theres two hill climbs there. theres "franks hill climb" that they use fro the race, which is what the youtubes of hte quad race was showing. thats really not that bad. you have a pretty decent run into it. Just make sure you have good diggers and hit your gearing right going.

then theres the other franks hill climb, the original. its pretty much a bike hill.

im not sure if htey used the hill climb this past year or not. didnt run templeton. i wasnt set up for the one race and i was in australia for the other.

Zakradu398
01-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by ben300
theres two hill climbs there. theres "franks hill climb" that they use fro the race, which is what the youtubes of hte quad race was showing. thats really not that bad. you have a pretty decent run into it. Just make sure you have good diggers and hit your gearing right going.

then theres the other franks hill climb, the original. its pretty much a bike hill.

im not sure if htey used the hill climb this past year or not. didnt run templeton. i wasnt set up for the one race and i was in australia for the other.

I've never raced quads only bikes. What will i need besides a tether?

ben300
01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
I've never raced quads only bikes. What will i need besides a tether?

well judging by your other thread with the fenders, your pretty much solid.

your three major things your gonna need,

1)good tires
2)good brakes
3)kill tether

other than that, its all personal preference to make your ride better and more comfortable. but, like i said, you got good tires so your set there. id imagine your brakes are up to snuff as well. my first race i ever did, i was a total jag off. i went out there with worn stock tires and weak front brakes on my 400. i didnt make it even make a whole lap! i was super confident before hand and like i thought i was gonna do good, and boy was i totally wrong. such a learning curve. the track we were at had some seriously knarly hills and some good ruts, and between getting stuck on the hills because of my tires and my swing arm skid plate and because of my brake issues, i had to pull out. it was one of the most deflating feelings in the world.

jsut get the kill tether and you'll be good to go. id also say, and this a personaly safety preference thing, but get some hand guards with a wrap to protect your hands from trees and such.

ben300
01-30-2013, 10:44 AM
also, you might want some good pro peg nerf bars with heel gaurds. i know you got the the stockers on there and thats fine. but you'll see a mix in the pro and A and B class of guys running nerfs with pro pegs or pro pegs wiht heel guards and no nerfs. its personal preference thing. i prefer the added safety of the nerf.

Zakradu398
01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ben300
well judging by your other thread with the fenders, your pretty much solid.

your three major things your gonna need,

1)good tires
2)good brakes
3)kill tether

other than that, its all personal preference to make your ride better and more comfortable. but, like i said, you got good tires so your set there. id imagine your brakes are up to snuff as well. my first race i ever did, i was a total jag off. i went out there with worn stock tires and weak front brakes on my 400. i didnt make it even make a whole lap! i was super confident before hand and like i thought i was gonna do good, and boy was i totally wrong. such a learning curve. the track we were at had some seriously knarly hills and some good ruts, and between getting stuck on the hills because of my tires and my swing arm skid plate and because of my brake issues, i had to pull out. it was one of the most deflating feelings in the world.

jsut get the kill tether and you'll be good to go. id also say, and this a personaly safety preference thing, but get some hand guards with a wrap to protect your hands from trees and such.

Sounds like my first race on my bike lol .

louie401
01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
I migHt get 450r brakes