PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm Install

Stickman400
01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Is there some special way to get a swingarm on these things? I'm trying to put my Walsh swinger back on with a new Pivot Works swingarm bearing kit installed and I cannot get the hardened sleeves to slide over the little collars that are in the engine case, it's just too tight. I've got everything installed right but the only thing I can't remember is if I had those big chrome washers installed when I took it off. Does anyone know if Walsh swingers need those installed or can they be left off? Removing those might give me enough clearance but I'm not sure if I want to remove them to risk getting dirt and stuff in there because they have that special o-ring inside there to seal the sides off.

01boneless
01-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Its a tight fit and yes you need the washers, bad as I hate to say it a hammer will help it slide in.

Stickman400
01-26-2013, 02:25 PM
It didn't take me long to break out the dead blow mallet, but that still didn't help. It just made it slide up around the top side of it or down around the bottom, I couldn't get it to go straight in. I'm about to break out the pry bar or find a way to push the frame tabs outwards enough to get it to slide in.

CJM
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
get a small bottle jack and slowly spread the frame ever so slightly.

Once you zip the nut back in it should crank it down.

Remember A LITTLE AT A TIME!