PDA

View Full Version : What Next?

jpfmotors
01-23-2013, 07:59 PM
well i want to do something eltse to my motor but not sure, any suggestions? its an 05 with 13.1 piston, port and polish stage 2 hot cam lrd pro4 exhaust, open air box, sparks needle in stock carb, jetted very well. I was thinking of a different cam. I use the bike for ice racing and mx during the summer so i need something that will help out with both. thanks

desratt
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Yea different cam, exhaust. And a 06 and newer

Lquad71
02-05-2013, 01:03 PM
some oversized exhaust valves and a cam. I prefer web cams.

CJM
02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
FCR hands down will make the most power of anything.

I wouldnt run a webcam if you paid me, seen more than a few of those blow stuff up.

Lquad71
02-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by CJM
FCR hands down will make the most power of anything.

I wouldnt run a webcam if you paid me, seen more than a few of those blow stuff up.

A lot of people who run the high lift web cams keep the same size intake bucket which causes premature wear. As long as you do everything right and keep your valves adjusted you shouldnt have problem. We run them on all of our bikes and have never had a problem.

desratt
02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Been running web cams since the 99 400 ex. Only issues I had were my own. Extremely big build with out doing a clay check.
14 out of 18 holeshots in the worcs series all with at least 20 riders on the line.

CJM
02-05-2013, 09:23 PM
I wonder if the failures I seen were related to not doing them right?

Go big or go home I guess, dont do that and you risk blowing it.

xcracer416
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
if you decide to get another cam let me know, i wouldnt mind trying a stage 2 hc in my 07 build.

Lquad71
02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Also, if you do get a high lift cam remember to get the correct valve springs with it. most hotcams i believe dont need high end springs but if you have a higher rev limit and a high lift cam you are sure to have your valves float with stock springs.

Another thing worth investing in is a crf ignition. it stalls a little easier but if you are doing mx then that shouldnt be a problem. it makes the bike rev so much faster and throttle response is just ridiculous. one of the biggest improvements ive noticed along with a bored fcr carb.

jpfmotors
02-06-2013, 07:17 PM
i really think the fcr is going to be next, but iam looking into possibly the crower victory cam ive heard really good things about it and its a drop in cam witch means i can use the stock valve train.