PDA

View Full Version : kicker to electric?

krause19
01-21-2013, 12:38 AM
can you make a kicker an electic start yes or no? without shelling out 600 for a goki kit.

CJM
01-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Goki kit is the only way. I mean unless you swap to an ER motor.

Learn to live with the kicker, unlike the e start it ALWAYS fires up in 1-2 kicks so long as the valves and carb are good. E start even properly dialed in doesnt always crank over.

krause19
01-21-2013, 11:42 PM
ya i just get pissed on dead engine starts with the er getting the hole shot.

xcracer416
01-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by krause19
ya i just get pissed on dead engine starts with the er getting the hole shot.

install the kicker kit and and kick and hit the starter button at the same time. bada bing you are getting holeshots

Baileygunns
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Start your bike when you're at the starting line, put it in gear, hold the clutch in and shut it off... Dont let go of the clutch... When its time, kick it and dump the clutch...

You keep the clutch held in so the clutch plates don't stick back together making it easier to start and you're already in gear so all you have to do is dump it and go.

You're welcome on your first hole shot.

krause19
01-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Baileygunns
Start your bike when you're at the starting line, put it in gear, hold the clutch in and shut it off... Dont let go of the clutch... When its time, kick it and dump the clutch...

You keep the clutch held in so the clutch plates don't stick back together making it easier to start and you're already in gear so all you have to do is dump it and go.

You're welcome on your first hole shot.

i will def have to give that a try.

haha your welcome on your first hole shot good stuff my friend.

dgmiller
01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Electric start with a 24 volt set up works great

the predator
01-25-2013, 10:05 PM
I have an 05 kicker and we too have dead engine starts BUT our hands are on our helmets until its time to fire and I got ALL BUT 1 holeshot last season, it is about your valve adjustment and decomp lever more than anything else. I have videos of majority of the races on you tube aadan888 if you want to check them out

represent618
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
I have seen the 24 Volt work great, agree it is a huge improvement and planning to upgrade mine soon. My ER is on a 5 year old battery and is a slow old dog to fire too.

the kicker is hard to beat in terms of reliability, I am torn myself. I would like to have both because I like the e-start a lot of times when I get caught in a weird place with a stalled engine....