PDA

View Full Version : Apex mxr 50 trail upgrade

Hippyplz
01-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Hey, I picked up a 2009 mxr 50 a cup years back . Its only used as a trail quad, we dont race at all. the quad is all stock and has been good so far but starting to get tired. I picked up a 90 motor to upgrade, but it is missing the clutch and varaitor. So this is my plan, pick up a cylinder, piston, clutch, varaitor, switch over to a air box and put a new pipe all on the 90 motor. I have been trying to search the forums and look at alot of web sites, but having a hard time finding much info on how to set it up. There is alot of parts out there and I am lost on this cvt thing so any help would be great so that I dont drop a ton of cash on parts that wont work well together. Thanks for any help.

01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Pm me your number or email and I will call you with all the info in one shot... Thanks

selbygirl
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
i would contact marc at hotquads he will point u in the right direction , we have been dealing with them for years there strait up honest and wont sell u somthing u dont need ... your 50 may just need a torqe spring

LT80
01-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Def call a few motor builders. Get info and make a decision and get the stuff and advice from 1 guy.
It'll save you hundreds in the long run.

Hippyplz
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Hey, thanks for the info. I will give hotquads and a few others a call and see what they have to say.