PDA

View Full Version : Will they ever upgrade??

426kidz
01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I see so many people join and not understand how old school this site is. I cant help myself from looking at all the advertisements and financial opportunities we as members have given and helped the site with. Not only are we the heart and soul of this site BUTT we are actually a family. My brother and I spend hrs a day on this site, I learned everything I know from him and he had learned everything he knows from this site. With that being said the site has not advanced at all! yes we see more advertisements and support BUTT we live in a smart phone world. Why cant we have an APP or just post a picture without all the hassle? The heart of the site is the FORUM and it seems to be the slowest growing section. I know this has been covered butt no real answer is ever given. Will I see an update in my life time?

Pappy
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Oh its been tried LOL! the last try netted them with the inability to activate new members.

Back when this site was bought, it was soon learned that it was so jacked up that there was no way of knowing what could be done, what couldn't etc.

With the poor economy, competition with new and better social media outlets, I doubt you will see this site updated per'se. You may see a new site rolled out in the future but I have only been privy to some of the ideas being tossed around.

426kidz
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I think they need to start over! I can't even choose too keep myself logged in! Just crazy and makes it hard for me to get on and upload when I'm on break or on the run! It's a tireing process to do anything on here.

Ruby Soho
01-16-2013, 09:16 PM
id leave it alone. ive been coming here almost 10 years the same, why change it if it works? its simple and easy to use.

Stickman400
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
I always get on here on my laptop morning and night and I have never had a single issue when posting or finding something I was looking for. I actually like how clean and simple everything is. I was going to go join the .ORG after buying my 450 but after going over there and trying to find out where to register and seeing TONS of different threads and sub-threads for every little thing I said eff it. I'll just stick to this site and BING any answer that can't be found on here and let the search engine find the answer for me on the .ORG

426kidz
01-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Well, I agree everything's pretty easy and nice when you have been part of the site as long as us and use a laptop with photobucket in the tool bar. Butt my point isn't too change the site just make an app and grow with the times. Wouldn't you like to be able to post a pic from the garage by simply talking your cell out snapping a picture and loading it like Facebook or twitter? How easy and helpful could this be? Seeing that I don't post a lot of thing due too the lack of Mobil quick accessiblity of the site. Just not fast enough for 2013 by any means.

blaster12s
01-16-2013, 10:29 PM
keep it this way, I have my fancy social media but I love coming back to the simple clean old school fourm style. I works perfectly for what we use it for.

440racer66
01-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by blaster12s
keep it this way, I have my fancy social media but I love coming back to the simple clean old school fourm style. I works perfectly for what we use it for.
x2 if it aint broke dont fix it

Pappy
01-17-2013, 04:53 AM
That was one of the original issues, how to upgrade with keeping the same basic layout. Seems many folks just enjoy it the way it is.

Another issue was the insane database of images we have. The goal was always to keep everything intact but with the issues the site has, that may not be able to be done.

I do not have all the answers, I can just relay what i've heard. I just wish the economy would turn so some new things would hit the market, we have talked to death about everything thats been out for the past 25 years LOL

Scro
01-17-2013, 06:39 AM
K.I.S.S.

It's so easy, even a pappy could use it.

Pappy
01-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Amen LOL!

426kidz
01-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Yes keep it the way it is, I just love having to take a picture send it too my email than send it to my photobucket than of course copy and paste a image link to te site! It's so fun and easy why change that??:rolleyes:

CJM
01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
ten years ago when this site was first started things like smart phones didnt exist, its not designed for them and probably wont be fixed anytime soon.

Be happy the site is still here and hasnt shut down due to the money situation most of the country (and world for that matter) is in.

Cant have your cake and eat it too

jrspawn
01-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 426kidz
Yes keep it the way it is, I just love having to take a picture send it too my email than send it to my photobucket than of course copy and paste a image link to te site! It's so fun and easy why change that??:rolleyes:

What's wrong with simply clicking the attach file button?