PDA

View Full Version : Some gopro videos of my new ride!

Zeb400EX
01-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Bought another 400ex this summer that was smoking really bad,no brakes and just was generally in need of some TLC. Got it really cheap and fixed everything on it and was trying to sell it. But I traded it for a 2000 DRZ 400E suzuki. I always kinda wanted one just to get it street legal, but also do some trail ridin too. It not legal yet but I'm working on it. I've need owned a bike and only been on a couple for very short periods, so this is a totally new thing for me. So far its been a blast. I don't think I could go all bike all the time. I like quads to much, but it a great change of pace. I can't wait to get it in the woods. It been really nasty weather for woods ridin ever since I got it. Anyway. Here a couple of helmet cams vids I did today. Tell me what ya'll think. I'm I and dirt biker? Idk but I do like it.

http://youtu.be/F9h6y2Q5HLM

http://youtu.be/b-MMqrIr8gk

ish416
01-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Hate to tell you but in the state of Indiana you will likely not be able to get that bike street legal. I had a friend who picked one up several years ago because the dealer didn't have the "S" model. We later found out that in Indiana if it has a title that is off-road vehicle or ORV that you absolutely cannot make it street legal.

However, there was a loophole. Since we live on the Indiana / Ohio border he sold his bike to another friend for $100 who titled it in Ohio, since that is where this other friend lives. Then he purchased all the required parts: metal gas tank, mirrors, turn signals, DOT tires and a few other things. Then he had an Ohio State Trooper come out and sign off that it was now street legal. He took those papers to the Ohio BMV, they inspected it again and then gave him a proper street legal title. Once he had that, he bought the bike back for $200 and was then able to title it here in Indiana since it was no longer titled as an ORV. Sadly, to my knowledge this is much harder to get accomplished now in Ohio.

I bought my WR250R (street legal dirt bike) two years ago and have put about 6,000 miles on it. I absolutely love it. Nothing better than riding through town to get to the trails and knowing that you are 100% legal. I also get about 60 - 65 MPG from it on the road so that's another plus. Also, insurance is super cheap, at least for me (28 years old and no traffic violations), $175 a year with maximum everything and a $125 deductible.

Enjoy it, they are fun. Hope you can figure out how to get it street legal.