PDA

View Full Version : My next quad Should i get a Raptor or Predator

moto-x-rider-70
03-13-2003, 05:55 PM
tell me the pros and cons people and how fast each of them go stock.

Thanks

shane
03-14-2003, 03:08 AM
I got the Raptor! Top speed stock I have no idea but I heard it was between 70 and 300mph!:D
Don't believe all the madness about the Raptor being tipy and all that. It's a bunch of crap. I'm 5'8" 168#'s and I can through theRaptor around pretty good on the trails. It doesn't handle like the 400EX...but then again what bike does...besides the TRX250R. I like my Raptor...and the after market is booming for it. The Raptor is a tuned down 660cc motor. The pred is a tuned up 500cc motor. So when it comes time to push the horse power up through engine mods you still have plenty of room to go with the Raptor. Where as the pred is allready pushing the envelope.
Have fun whatever you choose

Shane

danyeo
03-14-2003, 07:05 AM
I just got a Cannibal, the Predator was my second choice, Raptor 3rd. Wanted a Speed but too much moola.

TEAM OUTLAW#22
03-14-2003, 08:03 AM
I'd get the raptor because i think it has more power. And it has reverse. If you ever need it

RED121572
03-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Personally, I prefer the Polaris. I have spent a little time on a raptor . For the type of riding I do and my own preference, the Polaris suspension is so much better.

Not too worry, you can get a fair amount of more ponies from the Polaris. Shane is just getting a little excited.

Good luck with your choice and let us know what you decide!

YamaWarr0121
03-15-2003, 11:35 AM
if u wanna ride reallly fast in whatever your doing..and dont mind a LITTLE bit more maintence go with the cannondale..you will never go back to another quad i promise its soo sweet

plus they look like froggys..and the predator looks like a bug..you know what frogs EAT?..exactly BUGS

CHAUNCY
03-15-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
if u wanna ride reallly fast in whatever your doing..and dont mind a LITTLE bit more maintence go with the cannondale..you will never go back to another quad i promise its soo sweet

plus they look like froggys..and the predator looks like a bug..you know what frogs EAT?..exactly BUGS

LOL

RED121572
03-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Not so fast there Yama. The cannondale doesnt exactly eat the predators. The power is a pretty even match.

Fred55
03-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Hey red...i got a little problem here, maybe you can help

Can you please explain to me how to tighten it better than the manual does? It gets to the right tightness, but when I tighten the eccentric bolts..it just gets loose again..So can youhelp me?

rookiex
03-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by RED121572
Not so fast there Yama. The cannondale doesnt exactly eat the predators. The power is a pretty even match.

It should be its a 500 an the dale is 440 givin it's fuel injected....But the dale is also lighter...an the suspension is real close I would go with a cannondale before anything or a built EX.

but out of those 2 you talk about......I would go wit a pred. they are fast.

Narly R
03-15-2003, 04:07 PM
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RIDE POLARIS!!!!!!!! Get a Dale then (or) a raptor!!!! Not the "predator"!;)

nismo
03-16-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by rookiex
It should be its a 500 an the dale is 440 givin it's fuel injected....But the dale is also lighter...an the suspension is real close I would go with a cannondale before anything or a built EX.

but out of those 2 you talk about......I would go wit a pred. they are fast.
fuel injection rules think of it this way would you rather have a 250hp car with a carb or a 250hp car with fuel injection.<thats the right answer

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
03-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Narly R
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RIDE POLARIS!!!!!!!! Get a Dale then (or) a raptor!!!! Not the "predator"!;)

Let me get my pipe and **** then line up with me.....and let a polaris embaress you;)

QuadJunkies
03-16-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
Let me get my pipe and **** then line up with me.....and let a polaris embaress you;) So when arer you getting your pipe and what kind you going with? Have you heard if Yoshi is coming out with one yet? Im calling them tomorrow to find out...Im anxious to get a pipe soon ..:)

DEAL
03-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Predator.

ChadEXer
03-17-2003, 05:40 AM
Sound like a lose lose situation to me!;) No really, I was riding with a guy who has a Predator this weekend who said he has already had quite a few problems out of it?? There were about 3 at the races this weekend and there not near as fast as i was told, and been hearing they are!!

ChadEXer
03-17-2003, 05:41 AM
Matter of fact, the Cannondale beat all of the Predators at the drags!

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
So when arer you getting your pipe and what kind you going with? Have you heard if Yoshi is coming out with one yet? Im calling them tomorrow to find out...Im anxious to get a pipe soon ..:) PREDATOR~~~~ Just thought I would give you thescoop in case you hadnt already heard..CT, Trinity and Yoshi all have a pipe in the works, all should be done in about a month with the exception for trinity.maybe one week for them, Im dyin to see the numbers!!!:blah :devil

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Sound like a lose lose situation to me!;) No really, I was riding with a guy who has a Predator this weekend who said he has already had quite a few problems out of it?? There were about 3 at the races this weekend and there not near as fast as i was told, and been hearing they are!! I think like with any uad you buy, no matter what it is, your going to see peeps that have problems, Our buddy bought a Troy Lee one,andhas never had a probelm one with it, where as another frined is having probs with his 02 raptor.:huh And they said they fixed those ..:rolleyes: with the predator, you have to do alot of oil changes ,we know of someone, who insisted on doing his way and NOT do it,well he will ha ve one of those nightmare stoies here in a few months Im sure,like he knows more than the manual...:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I think like with any uad you buy, no matter what it is, your going to see peeps that have problems, Our buddy bought a Troy Lee one,and has never had a problem one with it, where as another friend is having probs with his 02 raptor.:huh And they said they fixed those ..:rolleyes: with the predator, you have to do alot of oil changes ,we know of someone, who insisted on doing his way and NOT do it,well he will ha ve one of those nightmare stories here in a few months Im sure,like he knows more than the manual...:rolleyes:

oldsandman
03-17-2003, 05:55 AM
I have had no problems with mine the only dissappointment was with the W/B pipe.

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by oldsandman
I have had no problems with mine the only dissappointment was with the W/B pipe. I know of someone else who siad the same and is selling his... what kind of gians were you able to get out of it? I heard that it dont feel as much as they say it has...Did you see what I posted about a few full systems coming avail sson?

oldsandman
03-17-2003, 06:07 AM
honestly I felt little or no gain with it over the stock sys. It makes more noise but that is about it. I've also read that they are backing off their hp gain numbers and now selling just the slip on.

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 06:11 AM
honestly I felt little or no gain with it over the stock sys. It makes more noise but that is about it. I've also read that they are backing off their hp gain numbers and now selling just the slip on. your kiddin me?I personally havent ever been a huge WB fan,but I thought maybe on this one they may have turned my head a bit more..Thats too bad,are you going to keep it?> or get something dif?

oldsandman
03-17-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm looking for a new pipe at this time...I've never liked w/b either but they were the only game in town. I sold it to a kid who just HAD to have one...my gain his loss!

QuadJunkies
03-17-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm looking for a new pipe at this time...I've never liked w/b either but they were the only game in town. I sold it to a kid who just HAD to have one...my gain his loss! LOL!!! Let me know what you end up getting...;)

oldsandman
03-17-2003, 03:52 PM
I will! Let me know how you do too.

RuffRyder400ex
03-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Raptor Baby!!!!!

4punksdad
03-22-2003, 04:01 PM
of these 2 choices I think I would go with a raptor. I chose a cannondale for myself. :)

i noticed that somebody stole my frog/insect line :o

honda250
03-26-2003, 06:29 AM
raptor all the way. rode a pred. a week ago or so and umm no thanks. It just doesnt feel right and the hump in the seat is awful. but they are both good quads. but the pred. is also already built up a lot.

QuadJunkies
03-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by honda250
raptor all the way. rode a pred. a week ago or so and umm no thanks. It just doesnt feel right and the hump in the seat is awful. but they are both good quads. but the pred. is also already built up a lot. one thing I have to agree with....is the seat could be a bit mor comfortable.. I think in time maybe we will re pad it, but overall so far our predator has been good,I dont think there is really a "better this or that kinda quad"becuase they all have there own riding sptyle and are all set up different..It would be nice to get one that had it all,but I dont see that happening real soon...Its all in riders preference to feel ect......I cant wait to see how if flies up the BIG sand hill climbs in July..:blah

balla250ex
03-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Yea, them predators look hot as mess and they are fast. But the type of riding I do I must have reverse. I ride mostly in tight trails and mud, so I might slide a bit too far in mud and don't feel like walkin through mud 2 feet deep to try and move it away from the tree. also, is the predator 5 or 6 speed? Thanx!

jay's 300
03-27-2003, 02:35 PM
My friend has a Predator and he loves it! He was wondering if DMC was going to make an exhaust system. I know the Raptor has real good gains from the DMC, so hopefully they'll bring out one for the Predator! :D

QuadJunkies
03-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jay's 300
My friend has a Predator and he loves it! He was wondering if DMC was going to make an exhaust system. I know the Raptor has real good gains from the DMC, so hopefully they'll bring out one for the Predator! :D I think most of the Companies are in production as we speak... I am really curious about the Yoshi system....:devil :blah I love it on my 400ex..

balla250ex
03-29-2003, 02:34 AM
I asked if the pred was 5 or 6 speed. my bust!

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by balla250ex
I asked if the pred was 5 or 6 speed. my bust! ;)

FASTeR
03-29-2003, 05:52 AM
not to mention predators dont like to be shifted under power. I couldnt see myself buying a quad thats not even built and its future is clearly uncertain, thats what scares me about a cannondale.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by FASTeR
not to mention predators dont like to be shifted under power. I couldnt see myself buying a quad thats not even built and its future is clearly uncertain, thats what scares me about a cannondale. well, thats just the risk to take in buying new quad I guess;) none of them have written guarentees, I just make sure and buy a warrenty and hope for the best I guess....

Predator38
04-05-2003, 09:29 AM
you can power shift the predator no problem, I do it all the time drag racing...I've raced plenty of raptors and smoked them..I just have the WB slip on and a K&N filter with radiator scoops on order....go with the Predator all the way....I've had mine since Jan. and no problems here just good times....:D