PDA

View Full Version : Availability of 250r parts

mad4106
01-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Guys please help me out I want to buy a 250r so bad but what's got me hesitate is the availability of parts or a lot of parts discontinued and hard to get or no? If not what websites are best?

SIDCON
01-10-2013, 06:22 PM
unfortunately the 250R is getting more and more scarce for parts. Even the big name chassis/ suspension companies are starting to dwindle them off. Lonestar dosnt make their new arms that just came out for them which I was disappointed because I tried ordering them (they are sick!!). Elka had to make a special set of stage 5 shocks because they never sold a set for a 250r before. I buy and sell alot of parts and Im finding even used ones to be less and less and the older they get the more used they are. Problem is all the advertisement with all the current 450's on the market and in the racing scene. When I go to the races and most of the people I talk to says they never even oned a 2 stroke before. How times are changing. I love the 250R, nothing turns like one, nothing feels as light. I would still get one if I was you, life is short and the 250r is a great experience.

tbone250r
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
The more people that have them, the better. Companies will eventually respond to the increasing demand...hopefully

beobe99
01-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Manufactures may not be spilling out parts like they use to, but I doubt it's going to be anytime soon to where you can't find something you need. whether it's new or used it's out there. I wouldn't worry.

Deuce426
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
If there is enough demand for parts, companies will start producing them again...

Look at ESR. They are making center cases which Honda discontinued long ago, and we have been salvaging for years.
While they may not be as smooth as stock due to the sand casting, they still will work, and will work well to keep the old R living for a long time coming.

Deuce426
01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by SIDCON
Lonestar dosnt make their new arms that just came out for them which I was disappointed because I tried ordering them (they are sick!!).

Hey Sidcon,

What series of arms are these, and for what bike? I'm not seeing much change on the website.
If you're talking about the DC-Pro's, they really look almost like a Houser design to me.