PDA

View Full Version : help me stroked 465 and ex marlin

12-11-2001, 04:53 PM
I am about to order either a tc pipe or a white bros e-series, which one will perform best out of the 2. I trail ride and will race xc and harescrambles. please help. its for a 300ex no mods yet, but will be getting a carb and pipe together and kand filter

Dave400ex
12-11-2001, 06:09 PM
Go with the TC exhaust if your going to race XC. I`m getting his pipe for my 400ex and also want to build his Cross Country engine. The pipe has great torque. The best thing to do is to call Tom (TC) and tell him what you want and where you ride. He will hook you up.

12-11-2001, 07:59 PM
what kind of difference is there in power betweeen the 2 and whatkind of differnce in sound(how loud they are) and ease of getting parts for and tuning in. just overall which is the better of the 2??

465Stroker
12-12-2001, 08:37 AM
I would go with the TC pipe of course. I have no experience with any White Brothers products, so I cannot comment on them. The TC pipe is loud and will increase you motors performance. An airfilter will help, but a carb is not needed. You need to look into an .80 over piston to get you quad up to an actual 298cc, and then look into a cam and spring setup. I would go with the company that you plan on buying parts from in your quest for better performance and stick with them. Once you get a bigger piston and cam with higher lift, then I would look into a carb upgrade.

Dave400ex
12-12-2001, 03:00 PM
What kind of air filter do you run? I`m going to order the TC pipe soon. A little off subject, but what kind of shocks do you run and what shocks do you like best? Thanks.