PDA

View Full Version : 08 ktm 450 no spark, after being in storage for 3 months

TaylorTRX
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
my ktm has been sitting for probably 3 months, it started up after hurricane sandy ran for like 15 mins then it stalled out when i jumped off and tried to open the door, and then i couldnt get it started/ no power so i couldnt jump or charge it/ i figured it flooded and left it......i took the plastics off and was gonna clean the carb and realized theres no spark......
how can i go about testing and crossing certain parts off like the cdi box, etc.... i always ordered my hondas with kick start so im not that familiar with all these wires

all fuses are good and theres no power to the coil thats all i got so far, this litterally happen while sitting in my shed not while in use..

deathman53
01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
does the starter turn? It has a DC fired ignition. Basically, battery is no good, ignition doesn't fire.

TaylorTRX
01-13-2013, 07:26 PM
ya the starter turned lol......it was the tps sensor in the carb.....while letting it warm up i usually turn the idle up on the carb but this time i did to much and moved the the slide, tripping the tps sensor...i turned it down and it fired right up