PDA

View Full Version : New 250r harness finally done

fourtrax_r
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
finally finished the first harness, going to try it shortly, i have enough to do a few more if anyone is interested

250Renvy
01-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Looks pretty cool. What years will this fit?
Any idea on cost?

DnB_racing
01-04-2013, 02:13 PM
and please post up any part numbers, brands, suppliers, any info for future reference, on as much as possible, even if you only have a few it might help someone down the road to help keep them running without having to do a complete harness

say someone just needs a connector, it would be ideal to be able to fix what we got... thanks..

fourtrax_r
01-04-2013, 08:10 PM
the one supplier was K&L , i have to look back to see who the other supplier was, it was a japanese company, i do remember that....took forever to get them. None of them came with part numbers so i really cant help anyone with that. The biggest downfall is most of the plastic ends have to be bought in bulk and they are pricey. the metal terminals themselves are cheap compared to the housings, but again have to be bought in bulk.

i havent figured out what the cost a piece yet, i have to divide all the costs out since i bought so may housings.

the one pictured is the 86-88 but i do have to stuff to do the 89 as well. i copied a NOS 88 harness so i'm hoping everything fits good but i want to mount it up to be 100% sure. if anyone needs any of the housings and terminals to fix their harness just send me a PM. i got a ton of them lol. (you will need the special crimper to crimp the terminals though.) i GNCC race my 250r and like to replace the harness every year reguardless what it looks like and new OEM ones are few and far between so i decided to make the investment to remake these.

beobe99
01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Awesome job Fourtrax!! I would be very interested in having you throw one together for me considering time has not been on my side lately, would even suggest using something like this as the sleeving to Ad "Bling"- http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10509/slv-82/FLEXO_PET_18_Nylon_Cable_Sleeve_-_Uptown_Gold.html?tl=g35c175s359

PM me if your interested in doing it, I could even send you a harness if needed to work off of. I could see this being very useful to everyone on here and even profitable for you (rightfully so!!) once you get a system down.

fourtrax_r
01-04-2013, 09:04 PM
PM sent, really not looking to make anything here, just cover the materials and some tinker time. I have more time than you could imagine in tracking all the stuff down. That stuff is alot nicer than the tape the factory and myself are using

DnB_racing
01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
im very interested in purchasing all the connectors and all pins and ends used,,,, send my a pm with a parts price...I don't need any wire just all the connectors

thanks this would help me completely I have the correct crimpers and pin removal tools

again thank you!!

Honda5
01-05-2013, 05:39 AM
great job I would be interested in getting the parts from you to replace the harnesses on my ATC, 86 and 89 unless you want to build a few more.

fourtrax_r
01-05-2013, 06:38 PM
i'll look for the invoices for some prices, i'll see what i have and how many more i can make. before i make any more i want to make sure everything is a 100% fit & function(should be since i copied a NOS harness). Honda5 send me a PM with what you would like to do, i'll help however i can

k10seibel
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Wow , very impressive. I just wanted to give a BIG hats off to ya! Marvelous job you've done. I can't imagine the effort it's taken to pull this off. Thanks for the mad dedication and friendly post!
-Andy

fourtrax_r
01-06-2013, 07:14 AM
thanks andy, my next one will be to copy a NOS 89 harness. its very close to this one but isnt exactly the same

fourtrax_r
01-06-2013, 08:57 AM
i just figued out the cost, it costs me approx $115.50 per harness to make these, if i can find somewhere closer to get the connectors it would save me on shipping. right now it costs me $42.19 in just shipping to get these in from Japan. if i'm going to make a go at reproducing these i need to find some cheaper suppliers or buy more to lower the cost. the wire cost isn't too bad. The connectors that plug into the cdi are very salty at $10+shipping a piece, i know Honda wasnt paying that much so i'll keep looking for a cheaper supplier and if anyone else can find them let me know

fourtrax_r
01-06-2013, 09:03 AM
DnB_racing
the other supplier was Sumitomo in Japan. It took some work to get them to sell me the connectors. They want you to be a distributor with them to buy from the and also want to sell you thousands of connectors, i think they made up the cost difference in their shipping charge:grr:

DnB_racing
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
if you want me to ask my supplier to try to match the connectors and give me a price I will see what I can do for you,,,

Ill purchase a set of the connectors to give to him so he can have his engineers match them...

I promise it will be cheaper then the overseas suppliers..

I don't have the time to do the harness myself so I wont be competing for any business you can have the customers ,,, I just want to have some new dependable parts available to rely on seeing Honda long ago gave up on us

and with a cheaper parts price im sure more people will want new harness if its at a good price... you will make more selling a bunch cheap over selling a few for a bigger price

fourtrax_r
01-07-2013, 06:59 AM
i agree 100%. i didn't do alot of shopping around, once i found what i was looking for i bought them. anyone this there is any interest 85-86 atc250r harness. i have all but 1 connector to do those as well.

deathman53
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
you aware that the 85 and 86 used different cdi plugs? as well as different cdi's? my guess is the connector you are missing is the 85 cdi plug. In 86 it used the same connector as the 86-89 trx.

fourtrax_r
01-08-2013, 07:37 PM
yes, i have the 85 cdi plug on order
i also tested these new trx harnesses on my 86 today and they worked perfect

dpaine
01-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Very nice! Great job on the harness. I sent a pm, but am looking for the connectors to redo my stator wires. Do you or anyone else have these?

fourtrax_r
01-17-2013, 09:21 AM
anyone have a 85 or 86 atc250r harness they want to sell or donate for me to copy?
i believe i have everything to do those now as well

deathman53
01-17-2013, 03:43 PM
I have both

fourtrax_r
01-18-2013, 07:40 AM
how much?

deathman53
01-19-2013, 05:08 AM
I will send you a harness of each year, just send it back to me when you are done w/ it.

fourtrax_r
01-19-2013, 09:43 AM
i will do that, thanks very much
pm me for my info

deathman53
01-21-2013, 07:46 PM
I am gonna look into my box of parts tomorrow for them. If I don't have a unmolested harness, i already put a post on a 3ww site asking for a donor harness to make this possible.

Blue27
01-24-2013, 07:22 AM
http://www.vintageconnections.com/

fourtrax_r
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Everything they carry i am already getting cheaper. The connectors they sell are cheap and fairly easy to get, the price killer is wire and cdi connectors
If anyone can find a source for the tracer wire at a reasonable price let me know, that would be a huge help

Burns310r
01-24-2013, 12:22 PM
So how much are they going to be. Im currently looking for a harenss for my 86. Im wanting to put lights back on it.

fourtrax_r
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
as of now until i can find a cheaper supplier for some of the parts i'll let them go for $120 delivered