PDA

View Full Version : steering stem

400exshop
01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Any one have a bent steering stem they want to sell? I need the bottom end only to build a new drag stem... please call or text me thanks Eric 803-444-0995

atvrider13
01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
I made my own bottom when i made my drag stem, alot lighter than the stock one.

400exshop
01-04-2013, 09:14 AM
We make our owne as well but the customer wants a direct fit with the stock bottom so he dont have to reset his tie rods. he wants to be able to change out the steams at will. so this is the easy way to go and its faster to build.....

On our bikes we cut the bottom out where the bearing is and put a light flat bar with a hole and we move it to the front of the bike.

PS our 400s are under 250lbs ready to ride.

Zakradu398
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 400exshop
We make our owne as well but the customer wants a direct fit with the stock bottom so he dont have to reset his tie rods. he wants to be able to change out the steams at will. so this is the easy way to go and its faster to build.....

On our bikes we cut the bottom out where the bearing is and put a light flat bar with a hole and we move it to the front of the bike.

PS our 400s are under 250lbs ready to ride.

Do you guys make a lightweight, taller stock style stem for normal riding?

Stickman400
01-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I just went out and found one that I replaced for a friend back in December. Tops is bent every which direction and beat to crap but the bottom is still good. I don't know what the shipping for it would be but that's all I would charge you, it was in my scrap pile and would have went to the scrap yard anyway. What's your zip code? I'll check shipping and give you a price tommorow.

400exshop
01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Not at this time do to taller and lighter will allow it to flex and you or the rider can get hurt. We can build it for you, but you need to know it will flex a lil.

Thanks EJRacing

400exshop
01-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I got one from ( baileygunns ) on here. but if shipping is all you want for it ill through 5 or 10 in for you time never hurts to have one on hand, text me so i can send you a pic of what i need.

atvrider13
01-04-2013, 05:14 PM

PS our 400s are under 250lbs ready to ride. Ok thats the same thing I did. My drag trx250r is 190 lbs.

Zakradu398
01-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Not at this time do to taller and lighter will allow it to flex and you or the rider can get hurt. We can build it for you, but you need to know it will flex a lil.

Thanks EJRacing

What do you mean by I need to know it will flex ?

426kidz
01-22-2013, 05:39 PM
member--Sidderbox-- I believe thats his username, I just shipped him my LSR stem I bent he is going to use what he needs and he may not need the bottom half so you should PM him and see whats up once he gets it and finds out if it will work for his build... just a fyi! good luck