PDA

View Full Version : Supercross 2013 !!!

QuadJunkies
01-02-2013, 11:53 PM
So bummed I couldn't go to the season opener :(
Any predictions ?!

01boneless
01-03-2013, 08:09 AM
I look for barcia and poto to have a battle and dungey may be right there with em.

dxcody
01-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Canard! As long as he can stay healthy!

Stewart will pull off some upsets, but once again, inconsistency will kill him.

Dungey will be 3rd or 4th every race probably.

I could actually see Dungey being a contender for the championship because he is so consistent.

Barcia will def be tough.

Poto is scared stiff of Barcia.

According to Poto, Barcia doesn't "respect" the riders like he should.

Chad Reed will be a contender for the #1 plate..

Idk, I expect it to be an awesome year. Should be some really exciting racing.

Tommy Warren
01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm saying reed or dungey... canard will be good but he's broken his femur how many times? it won't hold up

440racer66
01-03-2013, 07:08 PM
stewie!

MX MaNiAc 06
01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Dungey
Barcia
Reed

madskrillz2
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Well if we're giving predictions I will say I hope it's:
1.Stewart
2. Canard
3. Dungey
But what I think will actually happen is:
1. Villopoto
2. Dungey
3. Canard

rf928
01-04-2013, 08:57 AM
RV is just fast and consistent. I would love to see Dungey or Reed take it, but I just think RV is on top! But no one can really say until saturday night!

ben300
01-04-2013, 09:48 AM
1) tony stewart
2) michael jordan
3) rex ryan's new tattoo of his wife, wearing a mark sanchez jersey, kneeling like tebow

wait, what?.........

ben300
01-04-2013, 09:55 AM
in all seriousness though

1) potosawki
2) dungey
3) barcia

i put this in this order cause i think barcias hungry but not there enough yet to challenge for #1 over all.

coming back from a broken femur is gonna be tough for canard. trust me.

stewart will challenge for the lead, will win some races, but will ultimately not end up the champ cause of his consistency issues. (i see him following RC and pastrana to nascar honestly).

reeds getting up there in his career. he'll have moments of brilliance, and probably have moments of mediocracy.

i still think rex's new tattoo could be the dark horse though.....:devil:

dxcody
01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
You are right Ben.

That was the whole reason why he went to the JGR Yamaha..

Since JGR has a Nascar team, he was planning on transferring over.

But since he rode like complete crap on that ride I think it kinda put him out of the hunt to be the next JGR driver.

Poto is kinda like the Chris Borich of Supercross right now.

He has been on the bike long enough to know what works, and he really has that thing dialed in.

As long as he doesn't screw up and start testing on how to make things better, and leaves it alone, he will be in the hunt.

However, have you noticed that Poto typically doesn't win if he doesn't get a good start?

So I would say those guys are really working on starts.

I see Reed being just as strong as ever. If not better than he was.

He really has put the focus on these last few years and I really think he will get another championship before he retires.

Either way, it should be some awesome racing this year.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

dxcody
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Acutally. I am changing..

I think the old Stewart is back.. I just watched his new video.. I think the consistency is back.. Let's hope.

madskrillz2
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
Acutally. I am changing..

I think the old Stewart is back.. I just watched his new video.. I think the consistency is back.. Let's hope.

I've been a Stewart fan for years. I PROMISE you any preseason video is not a good way to judge how his season will turn out.

BlasterEaten250
01-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Villopoto
Dungey
Barcia
Reed
Milsaps

KKiowaTJ
01-05-2013, 12:03 PM
As long as dungy eats **** thats all that matters to me. Time for the paper champ to be put back in the pack where he belongs.

With barcia in the 450's, It will make it a nice race and RV better hope he gets out front. JS7, Well lets hope he takes it a bike length at a time and not try and hover scrub the whole track.

Either way its gonna be a good race.

rf928
01-05-2013, 12:47 PM
To finish first you must first finish

DragonGunner
01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
I like watching, have no favorites, don't know who will be the next champ....I do know one thing....Stewart will crash, and crash alot....he is always good at that.

300ex_#387
01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
http://www.supercrossonline.com/supercrosslive/

Getting ready to watch practice!

Go #7!

440racer66
01-05-2013, 09:53 PM
watching the race is making me wanna get out and ride!!!!!!!!

madskrillz2
01-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Freaking awesome race. Can't say I'm surprised about Stewart but couldn't ask for a better start for Saps and Canard. I just bought my ticket for the TC41 bandwagon.

BlasterEaten250
01-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Didn't see that coming but I'm pumped for Millsaps and Canard! All the "top" guys seemed off tonight. Especially Villopoto, what the heck was going on with him?

KXRida
01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
wow travis pastrana called that for sure! Glad to see saps running strong up front again. Should be a great season this year!

Baracudaaa
01-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Villopoto
Dungey
Barcia
Reed
Milsaps

Invert this list and its close to what actually happened!

Poto blew it, bad. He picked the WORST gate in the main, such a stupid mistake. IMO, he set himself up for a loss. As soon as I saw his pick, I thought he had a very tough main event headed his direction.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-06-2013, 10:15 AM
I loved seeing a change of pace! Didn't see that coming at all. Good racing last night for sure!

honda400ex2003
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
i was impressed with the 250 guys honestly. they were riding clean and pretty fast.

i fell asleep before the mains hahaha its dvr'd though for tonight or this week when i have a chance to watch it.

id like to see a honda win but if i cant see that, id like to see a ktm up top.

steve

Lquad71
01-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Coming from a person who was there I will give my opinion of stewarts and potos performance. just to note i am not a fan of everyone but i dont dislike any of the riders. And im neutral with both riders so i will be as unbiased as i can.

-Poto was faster than everyone in the heat race. lap after lap he really was going so much faster than anyone else and taking lines no one else was doing. The main he didnt seem to put it together. not jumping things he should have and IMO he was in a clusterF of people most of the race and just couldnt break from it. This is what everyone needed and needs to keep doing if someone else wants the championship
-Stewart was on it at practice. Like on point with poto but not as clean looking. but he was the only other rider able to match potos lines. The races started and he was playing it safe. Not much aggression, just survival. It would have made a great race had he not got tweaked in practice. hopefully his knee is ok because it could be some great racing later on this year.

300ex_#387
01-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Stewart tweeted "See you guys saturday"

Sounds like good news to me.

dxcody
01-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Yep!

Supposedly Stewart is back on the bike training (took a few days off )and almost 100%

This year is really going to get crazy.

Now before anyone starts in on me.. I don't like Cryin Littlehomo. I never have.
SO I am not "hating on the champ" but... I FREAKING LOVE WATCHING THAT GUY CRASH!

300ex_#387
01-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Yep!

Supposedly Stewart is back on the bike training (took a few days off )and almost 100%

Where did you hear that from? I havent seen anything released as far as his injury yet. Just curious where you heard this.

madskrillz2
01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Where did you hear that from? I havent seen anything released as far as his injury yet. Just curious where you heard this.

I think dxcody is just making up what he wants to hear. Rumor on Vital is he has a "strained" ACL. A lot of times rumors on there about injuries turn out to be true. Here's the official statement from him though.
http://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/01/08/Sk_rmavbild_2013_01_08_kl._22.05.22_107529.png

dxcody
01-09-2013, 07:39 PM
I heard that from a guy at work the other day.

Hence the reason why i said, Supposedly.

QuadJunkies
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
I seen I think Suzuki post on there Facebook he will be at the next round.
He's become quite the drama queen..:/
Maybe he should take some notes from Canard on how to overcome them and keep focused
Ole Stew is so talented and fast .... But he proves over and over that he needs to ride SMARTER if he wants to be consistent.

ben300
01-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I seen I think Suzuki post on there Facebook he will be at the next round.
He's become quite the drama queen..:/
Maybe he should take some notes from Canard on how to overcome them and keep focused
Ole Stew is so talented and fast .... But he proves over and over that he needs to ride SMARTER if he wants to be consistent.

Or see a sports psychologist. Part of him crashing all the time has got to be a lack of focus and a poor mental game. Dudes got out of this world talent and physical ability, but he probably doesn't have a solid head on his shoulders.

BlasterEaten250
01-10-2013, 10:19 AM
What do you guys think for Phoenix?

I'm going with

Villopoto
Canard
Dungey
Reed
Millsaps

and for some reason I think Alessi is going to mix it up in the top 5 this week but I'm not confident enough to put him up there :chinese:

madskrillz2
01-10-2013, 04:17 PM
What do you guys think for Phoenix?

I'm going with

Villopoto
Canard
Dungey
Reed
Millsaps

and for some reason I think Alessi is going to mix it up in the top 5 this week but I'm not confident enough to put him up there :chinese:

Yeah he'll mix it up on the first straight away by pulling the holeshot. He rarely makes it a lap without getting passed.

I'm gonna say
Canard
Stewart(I hope anyway)
Villopoto
Millsaps
Dungey

BlasterEaten250
01-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Barcia is the one I'm not sure about. Everyone was saying how nervous he was at A1, maybe this time he will be a little more used to it. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the top 3 either.

89trx250r
01-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Didn't see that coming but I'm pumped for Millsaps and Canard! All the "top" guys seemed off tonight. Especially Villopoto, what the heck was going on with him?

Hahahaha if you are honestly gonna sit here and try and say Canard and Millsaps aren't "Top" guys...You are an idiot.

300ex_#387
01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
Hahahaha if you are honestly gonna sit here and try and say Canard and Millsaps aren't "Top" guys...You are an idiot.

Geeesh. Thats a little harsh.

Everyone refers to RV, JS, CR and RD as the "top guys"

Its not putting anyone down.

89trx250r
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
If I had the chance to call "Everyone" Idiots I would so I am not singling him out... Its foolish to just think these certain 5 are the best...TC41 is a beast and probably would have whooped *** last season had he not got landed on. DM18 is also a beast and finally back on a Suzuki where he belongs not some ****ty yamahahaha. JB51 can win for sure and would have probably gotten close to Davi and Trey had he not crashed. Look at RV1 he crashed 5 or 6 times trying to push his limit catching the front dudes...

300ex_#387
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
If I had the chance to call "Everyone" Idiots I would so I am not singling him out... Its foolish to just think these certain 5 are the best...TC41 is a beast and probably would have whooped *** last season had he not got landed on. DM18 is also a beast and finally back on a Suzuki where he belongs not some ****ty yamahahaha. JB51 can win for sure and would have probably gotten close to Davi and Trey had he not crashed. Look at RV1 he crashed 5 or 6 times trying to push his limit catching the front dudes...

You can compare it that way, or you can start counting titles.

Either way. You decide.

BlasterEaten250
01-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Hahahaha if you are honestly gonna sit here and try and say Canard and Millsaps aren't "Top" guys...You are an idiot. Ryan Dungey, Ryan Villopoto, James Stewart, and Chad Reed are the "top guys". Canard would be but how can you call him a top guy when he hasn't finished a season in 2 years? And yes, Millsaps came in second last year (because the "top" guys crashed out) and came in first in one race so far, but he doesn't even have a 450 title.

They are all great riders, but don't judge the whole season on the first race.

QuadJunkies
01-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Ryan Dungey, Ryan Villopoto, James Stewart, and Chad Reed are the "top guys". Canard would be but how can you call him a top guy when he hasn't finished a season in 2 years? And yes, Millsaps came in second last year (because the "top" guys crashed out) and came in first in one race so far, but he doesn't even have a 450 title.

They are all great riders, but don't judge the whole season on the first race.
while I feel the idot statement was uncalled for...it made me think about Dungy abit I don't expect everyone to agree with me ..its just my feeling . I think Dungy is a buttload of talent..smooth..consistent.... But apart of me also feels he's won also by default of injured riders . I'd like to see what he's made of with ALL the top 10 contenders in some great battles . canards one of my faces...but something tells me this last injury will keep him from full potential - I hope I'm wrong.
I feel bad for Short. Super nice guy but he's just not like he used to be.
Anything could fly folks ! Its just fun guessing
I have a feeling Baricas going to lay on the sauce a little more each round and therecwill be drama . Lol

keep it civil guys..this is just for fun ! :)

madskrillz2
01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
while I feel the idot statement was uncalled for...it made me think about Dungy abit I don't expect everyone to agree with me ..its just my feeling . I think Dungy is a buttload of talent..smooth..consistent.... But apart of me also feels he's won also by default of injured riders . I'd like to see what he's made of with ALL the top 10 contenders in some great battles . canards one of my faces...but something tells me this last injury will keep him from full potential - I hope I'm wrong.
I have a feeling Baricas going to lay on the sauce a little more each round and therecwill be drama . Lol

I honestly think Dungey is the best out of all of them outdoors. Had he not run out of gas at Freestone or started almost a lap down at Southwick, he would have won it year before last too. I know Stewart straight up beat him two rounds in a row and was possibly on his way to three but he's just so inconsistent now. I can't believe I'm actually saying that being a Stewart fan but it's the truth. I think Canard still has it and I don't think he will hold back. He looked good first race and he's only going to get better. I'm pulling for him more than anybody this year.

zyoung04
01-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Millsaps reminds me a lot of Windham he's big dude2 for one and his style is smooth. I've always been a fan of his hopefully being back on the zuki he can reel off some more wins.

Canard ran right with Villapoto in the lites id say if it wasn't for all the injuries he would've been nipping at Ryans heels in these consecutive titles he's won, along with a slew of others of course. IF everyone stays healthy this will he the best season we've seen in sx class in awhile.

cloudpump
01-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by zyoung04
Millsaps reminds me a lot of Windham he's big dude2 for one and his style is smooth. I've always been a fan of his hopefully being back on the zuki he can reel off some more wins.

Canard ran right with Villapoto in the lites id say if it wasn't for all the injuries he would've been nipping at Ryans heels in these consecutive titles he's won, along with a slew of others of course. IF everyone stays healthy this will he the best season we've seen in sx class in awhile.

Competiton for money and a ride is so fierce. Used to be top level guys were way ahead of everyone else. Now everyone else is catching up. Causes a lot of injuries when guys are riding at the edge. I don't think we will see any years where a title contender isn't out due to injury anymore...

KKiowaTJ
01-11-2013, 10:51 PM

Thats ALL dungy is, Is a paper champ. Had no comptition and all he had to do is finish. Hes a top 10 rider at best. But Like turds that dont flush, They will wreck and he will float to the top for his freebie.

rf928
01-11-2013, 11:45 PM
Lol love how we all talk crap about these guys and how who sucks and stuff. They could whoop us lol

Dungey won by 40 seconds at RedBud, he is a lot better than a top 10 rider. And remember Stewart was there too

dxcody
01-11-2013, 11:54 PM
You can no longer have an opinion.

Everyone tries to prove how their opinion makes more sense than yours.

It's all about who can trump who.

zyoung04
01-12-2013, 06:30 AM
If u remember RC said at the beginning of the main his key to the race was get out of there in one piece. I feel like villapoto really hurt his chances at winning it all. Cuz from here on out he's gonna be trying to play catch up, and we all know how that plays out in a sport like racing. U take chances u wouldn't take and sometimes it goes wrong.

quad2xtreme
01-12-2013, 06:38 AM
The championship is simply about accumulating points for finishing races and rewarding the rider who exhibits the best combination of all skills and physical and mental fitness. The rider who manages to finish the most races and has the best finishes will win the championship. It has never been about who is the fastest at any given moment on the track. Who's to say Dungey doesn't have more balance and control that the other riders? Who's to say he isn't more mentally balanced to keep his composure and not get overly excited and careless out there simply because he gets a bad start. Injuries can be the result of carelessness out there or not having as strong balance as another rider.

I could see someone saying Dungey won a championship because a fan went out on the track and slugged Villo with a bat thus ending his season so Dungey went on to win it. Truth is Dungey just consistently keeps his bike on two wheels. If the other riders were leaps ahead of him, they stay in front and keep it on two wheels for the entire race. As it stands, it appears their bodies either physically or mentally have lapses and they go down.

300ex_#387
01-12-2013, 09:32 AM
You can no longer have an opinion.

Everyone tries to prove how their opinion makes more sense than yours.

It's all about who can trump who.

Thats not true.

Your wrong.

:devil:

dxcody
01-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Thats not true.

Your wrong.

:devil:

:grr: LOL

But really I mean, I feel like you could say the same thing about Poto.

about 60% of his wins from the last 2 years is from Stewart being in the lead and Wrecking, or, Stewart being in second and wrecking into Chad Reed who was leading, costing them both and Poto cruises right on by...

Poto is fast. He is also smart.

If you remember also, RC said,
"You can not win the Championship at A-1!, But you can lose it!"

ben300
01-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
The championship is simply about accumulating points for finishing races and rewarding the rider who exhibits the best combination of all skills and physical and mental fitness. The rider who manages to finish the most races and has the best finishes will win the championship. It has never been about who is the fastest at any given moment on the track. Who's to say Dungey doesn't have more balance and control that the other riders? Who's to say he isn't more mentally balanced to keep his composure and not get overly excited and careless out there simply because he gets a bad start. Injuries can be the result of carelessness out there or not having as strong balance as another rider.

I could see someone saying Dungey won a championship because a fan went out on the track and slugged Villo with a bat thus ending his season so Dungey went on to win it. Truth is Dungey just consistently keeps his bike on two wheels. If the other riders were leaps ahead of him, they stay in front and keep it on two wheels for the entire race. As it stands, it appears their bodies either physically or mentally have lapses and they go down.

i think he's a paper champ. dudes got championship quality talent, and championship quality equipment, but i think when he has to mix it up with all the other top dogs, hes always gonna be the bride's maid, not the bride.

chad reed did an interview, and potosawki did an interview both on the jason ellis show, separately, where they both echo'd the same sentiment, that dungey is super super super fast and consistent, but when it comes down to being aggressive, and making the necessary pass on a dude to win the championship, he's just not gonna do it. he doesnt have it in him..

now, barcia...he definitely has it :devil: lol

dxcody
01-12-2013, 03:45 PM
[/B][/QUOTE]

now, barcia...he definitely has it :devil: lol [/B][/QUOTE]

That is a fact lmao

madskrillz2
01-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by KKiowaTJ
Thats ALL dungy is, Is a paper champ. Had no comptition and all he had to do is finish. Hes a top 10 rider at best. But Like turds that dont flush, They will wreck and he will float to the top for his freebie.

Top 10 rider at best? Lmao right. Now go spray yourself in the eyes with this.
http://justinthurman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/05/258troll_spray.jpg

quad2xtreme
01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ben300
i think he's a paper champ. dudes got championship quality talent, and championship quality equipment, but i think when he has to mix it up with all the other top dogs, hes always gonna be the bride's maid, not the bride.

chad reed did an interview, and potosawki did an interview both on the jason ellis show, separately, where they both echo'd the same sentiment, that dungey is super super super fast and consistent, but when it comes down to being aggressive, and making the necessary pass on a dude to win the championship, he's just not gonna do it. he doesnt have it in him..

now, barcia...he definitely has it :devil: lol

Fine to think what you want. The name of the game is getting your name on the trophy...which Dungey has been able to do. He shows the most overall combined strength when considering all the skills required to compete. These other guys are tops in the fan favorite speed and aggressive riding departments. However, they aren't mentally sound and end up getting "hurt" out of the series. I've watched Reed and JS both breakdown mentally so often battling to take each other out. Villo has shown 3 major mental breakdowns in the past 2 years. Last week was the worst jumping into the tough block...that was not sitting out in the track. Villo felll apart last week because he didn't get the start he needed. He lacked mental soundness last week. He relaxed and let his hand come off the grip in a turn at Vegas.

RC was interviewed and talks about the fact you can't discount mental ability and having to finish races healthy so you can compete for the season.

But I will concede you are correct, Villo will beat out Dungey IF he can hold it all together. Stewart will beat Dungey IF he can hold it all together. Reed can beat Dungey IF he can hold it together. That said, there is a good chance Dungey will win the championship this year because these other riders are going to crash while being overly aggressive and riding a bit beyond their balance and mental abilities. As each of them crashes and gets a 20th place finish, Dungey will likely win the championship with the greater overall combined score from his 5th and better place finishes.

KKiowaTJ
01-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Top 10 rider at best? Lmao right. Now go spray yourself in the eyes with this.
http://justinthurman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/05/258troll_spray.jpg

Im a troll? dungy finished where? 8th, A top 10 rider.

Everyone was on their game and he was at the tail.

Until he can "take" a plate away, He is nothing more than a paper champ. If a day comes where he can "take" it away from another, He will be a "top rider". Until then, Hes just a gate filler.

madskrillz2
01-13-2013, 01:29 PM

Until he can "take" a plate away, He is nothing more than a paper champ. If a day comes where he can "take" it away from another, He will be a "top rider". Until then, Hes just a gate filler.

Considering he got pushed off the track at the start and came out almost last, I'd say 8th is pretty good. With your logic I guess Chad Reed is a paper champ too right? lmao

KKiowaTJ
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Reed, Raced with the best in the world. How could he contend with young bubba and RC all them years? He did his best and finished top three for years.

Im not a reed fan at all, But he has worked his *** off for along time. He has taken things away, Dungy has always had to race a clock and just put in the laps.

I just cant stand the little momma's boy dungy. He could have it all if he would grow a set of balls and let it hang out here and there, But fact is he is too scared and wont.

But he is in the same position reed was in for many years and if he does change his mind while he young enough, He could set the better record like from his rookie year win like JMG.

ben300
01-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Reed, Raced with the best in the world. How could he contend with young bubba and RC all them years? He did his best and finished top three for years.

Im not a reed fan at all, But he has worked his *** off for along time. He has taken things away, Dungy has always had to race a clock and just put in the laps.

I just cant stand the little momma's boy dungy. He could have it all if he would grow a set of balls and let it hang out here and there, But fact is he is too scared and wont.

But he is in the same position reed was in for many years and if he does change his mind while he young enough, He could set the better record like from his rookie year win like JMG.

i dont like him cause he's a jesus freak......i dont like jesus freaks

madskrillz2
01-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Dungey won his rookie year, has been top 3 since then, has two outdoor championships and would be three had he not ran out of gas at Freestone or started almost a lap down at Southwick. You say he has only had to race a clock, so what about Reeds two sx championships? I think you're just ignoring facts because you don't like him. I'm not a Dungey fan at all either but you can't ignore how consistent he has been since moving up to the big bikes.

rf928
01-13-2013, 03:04 PM
We must be talking about different people, DUNGEY is much faster than Dungy, that guy sucks.

Good racing ahead of us! Hard to predict right now where anyone will end up

zyoung04
01-14-2013, 04:10 AM
I think dungey is the guy to beat outdoors. And he's no slouch in sx IMO.

I thought the wrecks he and davolos had could've ended up a lot worse than they did. I figured they would show the video of dungey taking the camera out from the camera, but they didn't.

300ex_#387
01-14-2013, 03:33 PM
I think dungey is the guy to beat outdoors. And he's no slouch in sx IMO.

I thought the wrecks he and davolos had could've ended up a lot worse than they did. I figured they would show the video of dungey taking the camera out from the camera, but they didn't.

I believe that camera was on the live show when it happened. If you watched you could see everyone coming out of the whoops then all of a sudden it froze for just a second then cut to another camera.

zyoung04
01-15-2013, 02:34 AM
I believe that camera was on the live show when it happened. If you watched you could see everyone coming out of the whoops then all of a sudden it froze for just a second then cut to another camera.

Ahh id say ur right. I watched the live one just never really paid attention to that. I wonder if he ran the rest of the heat race in one gear? I know he stopped right after that and messed with the shifter then took off. They never said nothing about it

440racer66
01-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by ben300
i dont like him cause he's a jesus freak......i dont like jesus freaks

no kiddin i cant stand when there acting like jesus rode my bike tonight and got me the win. its like did he not care last week when you crashed out. nothing wrong with religion. but i really doubt the big man upstairs really cares about your win i figure hes got bigger fish to fry like a kid with cancer etc.

300ex_#387
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Stewart just announced he has a torn ACL in the knee he hurt at A1.

Said he will race the rest of the SX season.

Guess that means no outdoors........:(

madskrillz2
01-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Stewart just announced he has a torn ACL in the knee he hurt at A1.

Said he will race the rest of the SX season.

Guess that means no outdoors........:(

Well let's hope he can fight though it. Didn't McGrath win a championship with a torn ACL?

440racer66
01-17-2013, 07:42 PM
bummer im a stewart fan but barcia was my 250 guy so i dont feel as bad when i pull for the wild child now i like milsaps as well but as long as rv and sunshine 5 arent winning im stoked

madskrillz2
01-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Well here is an interview where he actually talks about it.
<iframe src='http://www.vitalmx.com/v/8260?width=780&height=440' width='780' height='440' frameborder='0'></iframe><p><a href='http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/A2-Preview-James-Stewart,8260/GuyB,64'>A2 Preview: James Stewart</a> - More <a href='http://www.vitalmx.com'>Motocross</a> <a href='http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/main'>Videos</a></p>

KKiowaTJ
01-18-2013, 03:33 PM
I still have hope for him. He has finished the two races so far. That and the fact he said it could be won with 3rd place consistant, IMO Hes opened his mind up a little and realized, 7th and 8th isnt too bad when your compitition is going down.

But i also herd "pain management", Riding on pain meds works, But only so far. It will take the LCL and MCL with it from a slight tweek he wont feel until too late.

Its gonna be a great year.

quad2xtreme
01-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I hope he makes it to Atlanta. He brings an excitement to every race he is in like no other rider.

madskrillz2
01-19-2013, 11:48 PM
As bad as I hate to say it, I don't think he makes it through the season. I'd rather see him try and get his knee fixed and show up outdoors. Winning outdoors is a bigger statement anyway.

300ex_#387
01-20-2013, 07:49 AM
As bad as I hate to say it, I don't think he makes it through the season. I'd rather see him try and get his knee fixed and show up outdoors. Winning outdoors is a bigger statement anyway.

Only bad thing is if he gets it fixed theres no way he would be healed up before outdoors starts. I think thats why hes trying to finish the SX season. So he can atleast race some this year.

zyoung04
01-20-2013, 12:12 PM
I heard last night that Windham had hung it up man I about cried. That dude was was awesome IMO the guy still had it he was still a top 5-10 rider sucks to see him leave the sport. Thats a huge loss for the sport cuz he was a fan favorite kinda sad.

QuadJunkies
01-20-2013, 07:12 PM
I heard last night that Windham had hung it up man I about cried. That dude was was awesome IMO the guy still had it he was still a top 5-10 rider sucks to see him leave the sport. Thats a huge loss for the sport cuz he was a fan favorite kinda sad.

He's "retired" a few times..
MAybe he will ba back again. ;)

LUV that guy !

rf928
01-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Barcia hit it HARD. Wonder if he's ok? Looked like he broke his face

quad2xtreme
01-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by rf928
Barcia hit it HARD. Wonder if he's ok? Looked like he broke his face

I am surprised there aren't many more hard hits like that. These guys are really assuming they will get plenty of traction in such a short distance. They have little to no time to decide whether to go for it or back off for the double. I am surprised they make the triples as often as they do.

It was definitely a HARD hit. I am betting he will be back concussion or not. He's at the age he scoffs at the medical aspect of having a double concussion and certainly the business side won't encourage him to rest.

On a side note, got my seats for Atlanta...section 248 row 7. Stoked to say the least. Paid through the nose for them off stubhub. TicketMaster tickets all suck right now. I didn't want to risk not getting good seats especially since this venue always sells out.

Does anyone know if they broadcast via a radio frequency in the building that can be picked up with an iPOD?

madskrillz2
02-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Figured I'd be that guy and bring this up again. So top 10 rider at best huh? Do you want that serving of crow with a side of dressing or mashed potatoes?

zyoung04
02-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Figured I'd be that guy and bring this up again. So top 10 rider at best huh? Do you want that serving of crow with a side of dressing or mashed potatoes?

Thats by far the best he's rode all year. Maybe it was something that shock that he didn't like. I like Dungey he's not my favorite but he's tough. I think reed would've been the guy to beat IF he hadn't gotten tangled up. Impressive run for Ryan.

rf928
02-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Makes ya nervous when your all ready to go and your shock discharges

QuadJunkies
02-04-2013, 02:09 PM
So pissed i missed oakland race ! Grrrrr !
we were at our own season opener of WORCS and for whatever reason it didn't record. Why the hell they can't make it easier to record is beyond me .

hows Weimer ? Alot of weird mishaps . canard fell back quite abit. dungeys had some weird breakdowns over the year but he works hard to over come. I'm still not convinced he's the all mighty rock solid contender ...be he does finish with less carnage typically and doesn't take the risks others do. Sometimes pays,off...sometimes not ..im a firm believer smooth and consistency always prevails .

ben300
02-04-2013, 06:16 PM
So pissed i missed oakland race ! Grrrrr !
we were at our own season opener of WORCS and for whatever reason it didn't record. Why the hell they can't make it easier to record is beyond me .

hows Weimer ? Alot of weird mishaps . canard fell back quite abit. dungeys had some weird breakdowns over the year but he works hard to over come. I'm still not convinced he's the all mighty rock solid contender ...be he does finish with less carnage typically and doesn't take the risks others do. Sometimes pays,off...sometimes not ..im a firm believer smooth and consistency always prevails .

how bout millsaps? he's beenso consistent this year, finishing solid and padding his points lead....its still early yet, but he's definitely looking solid

FHKracingZ
02-04-2013, 06:38 PM
I mean can we really be surprised by Millsaps? Apart from the norm, yea it is a surprise, however; he was suppose to be one of the next big things like RC and Bubba coming out of the amateur ranks.

Im super pumped to see Davi doing good. He is a good starter and seems to be doing his best Dungey performance, take races as they come and win when you can.

To many factors and crazy things happening each week to call it at this point. If I had to put my money on it, I would say Millsaps, RV2, or Dungey for the championship.

quad2xtreme
03-17-2013, 07:08 AM
So far, looking like we have a few "paper analyst" on this site.

quad2xtreme
06-22-2013, 02:12 PM

Had to pull this back up...wondering if anyone out there still thinks of Dungey as a "gate filler"?

89trx250r
06-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Well the kid who thought Dungey was a gate filler in the first place is an idiot. Look at the asswhooping he put on at Redbud today.

quad2xtreme
06-22-2013, 06:56 PM
One of the buds...Budds Creek ;)

89trx250r
06-23-2013, 07:14 AM
Haha sorry I meant budds creek for some reason I had redbud on my mind all day so I must have just typed it instead haha. Dungey dominates at Redbud too though!

KKiowaTJ
06-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Oh well, Whos holding the points lead? The same person that's most likely going to hold both #1 plates unless he himself ruins it. Lots of racing left and I highly doubt dungey can do anything about being the bridesmaid unless RV causes his own mistakes.

The only track I see dungey pushing is Millville, Considers it his home track and wants to make mommy proud. If he would actually ride hard, aggressive and physical he would be in a better position. He lacks the balls to shove anyone over a Monza wall, Check up, Block pass with grit he would be a handful of points away.

Either way lots of racing left and RV is and will be holding the #1 after its all said and done. The only person who can attempt it is dungey, They are the only ones who have started, Rode and finished all their motos so far.

Asswhooping at budds creek? LMFAO He couldn't catch RV if he stopped on the track the first moto, The second he was 15-17 seconds ahead, Compared to RV and double the time first moto. Yeah, That's a real 'asswhooping'.

quad2xtreme
06-24-2013, 02:32 PM
None of this really has to do with RV. It has to do with the assessment that Dungey isn't worthy of being considered a top 10 rider. Being the bridesmaid ain't bad at all. I think it is safe to say that Dungey has earned the #2 rider billing out there today. He has shown he can come up to the #2 spot even when he gets a bad start. He has proven the ability to pass all the other so called better riders on many occasions this year in both Supercross and Motocross. There is far too much emphasis that you are either #1 or you are ****. Quite frankly, it would be more interesting if RV did take a major fall and we finished the season off with a paper champ. RV is the best...but quite frankly is an all around boring person. I am ok with anyone thinking Dungey only won a championship because a better rider got hurt (although not getting hurt is part of the game isn't it?). It is just ridiculous to talk as though he isn't a Top 5 rider.

There was no asswhopping at Budds Creek for sure as they both finished with the same overall points. What was an asswhooping though was the difference between the two leaders and the other riders. Further evidence that like it or not, Dungey is a top rider. I don't like RV much at all...but have zero problem stating he is the guy I'd put my money on in any given race today. In most races, I'd say RV, RD, and then it would be a toss up for 3rd.

KKiowaTJ
06-24-2013, 03:43 PM
With all the hype and riders that stepped up and came out fast, But slowed quickly, He was a top ten rider for a few sx races. Im not gonna say he cant or isn't a good rider, He keeps a high level pace and never falls off. But what gets me and reason I don't like him, He wont step it up and take a chance like the sport is all about.

RC#4 rode just fast enough to win, He always had more but never needed to use it. I feel the same about dungey, But he wont go for the kill and again that's what this sport used to be about, Physical with the track, Bike and riders. If he stepped that up, He might find himself #1 and actually took it away.

But now it is like you said, Either #2 or #5 will win and the race is for third. After all the racing thus far, He has still kept the pace since A1 and is right there to win it or paper champ it again. I want to see them battle it out to see who is the real #1 rider.
Only time and motos will tell, Both are in it to win it and train hard to do so, One just pushes it a bit harder. But I am now in the wrong after many podium spots, He rode hard to get there. Lets see if he can muster the balls to go for a kill for once.

89trx250r
06-24-2013, 04:11 PM
" Asswhooping at budds creek? LMFAO He couldn't catch RV if he stopped on the track the first moto, The second he was 15-17 seconds ahead, Compared to RV and double the time first moto. Yeah, That's a real 'asswhooping'"

Hahahahahahahahahaha you are so ignorant did you even watch the race???? Dungey caught RV2 and was shadowing him until Dungey made a mistake and fell. RV even said on the podium that RD was much faster at that track and that he better get his act together for moto 2 because Dungey is gonna bring it.

Then in moto 2 Dungey brought it. He was 12 seconds ahead 10 minutes into the race. By the end of the race he was 22 seconds ahead...That seems like plenty of time for RV2 to catch up if he is as good as his fans claim right?? Oh wait wrong he didn't do **** except lose 10 more seconds to Dungeys pace.

Dungey ran multiple 1:59's lap times how many did RV2 do face it RV2 got his ASSWHOOPED IN MOTO 2.

K THX.

KKiowaTJ
06-24-2013, 04:34 PM
" Asswhooping at budds creek? LMFAO He couldn't catch RV if he stopped on the track the first moto, The second he was 15-17 seconds ahead, Compared to RV and double the time first moto. Yeah, That's a real 'asswhooping'"

Hahahahahahahahahaha you are so ignorant did you even watch the race???? Dungey caught RV2 and was shadowing him until Dungey made a mistake and fell. RV even said on the podium that RD was much faster at that track and that he better get his act together for moto 2 because Dungey is gonna bring it.

Then in moto 2 Dungey brought it. He was 12 seconds ahead 10 minutes into the race. By the end of the race he was 22 seconds ahead...That seems like plenty of time for RV2 to catch up if he is as good as his fans claim right?? Oh wait wrong he didn't do **** except lose 10 more seconds to Dungeys pace.

Dungey ran multiple 1:59's lap times how many did RV2 do face it RV2 got his ASSWHOOPED IN MOTO 2.

K THX.

Wow.... Spew the bullchit..LMAO.

Why would he ride any faster if he is going to get second by a mile, Id lug the track too. But you are full of **** if you think that's an 'asswoopin'. More like a I have X amout of points and no reason to wear myself out for nothing. If you watched the race, You could see it a mile away.

ben300
06-24-2013, 05:52 PM
RV is the best...but quite frankly is an all around boring person. I am ok with anyone thinking Dungey only won a championship because a better rider got hurt (although not getting hurt is part of the game isn't it?). It is just ridiculous to talk as though he isn't a Top 5 rider.

personally i think they're both boring. dungey may be a little more out going, but they're both boring as sin. MOST of the top MX guys are boring. Its on of the reason why they're good as they are, they're robot s in their own right. but they're boring.....

madskrillz2
06-24-2013, 08:24 PM
personally i think they're both boring. dungey may be a little more out going, but they're both boring as sin. MOST of the top MX guys are boring. Its on of the reason why they're good as they are, they're robot s in their own right. but they're boring.....

Exactly. That's why I was hoping SO bad that JLaw would show back up but not surprisingly that all fell through. Hell that's part of the reason I have gotten to where I can tolerate Reed. I used to hate the guy with a passion but he usually tells you like it is totally unfiltered. I get tired of riders being too nice and being worried about stirring up something. Who cares? Some stuff just needs to be said sometimes.

madskrillz2
06-24-2013, 08:28 PM
On another note, how about freakin Malcolm?! Only had 5 days on the bike before the season started and he damn near got a 3rd overall. At least I can pull for one of the Stewarts to be somewhat consistent.

ben300
06-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Exactly. That's why I was hoping SO bad that JLaw would show back up but not surprisingly that all fell through. Hell that's part of the reason I have gotten to where I can tolerate Reed. I used to hate the guy with a passion but he usually tells you like it is totally unfiltered. I get tired of riders being too nice and being worried about stirring up something. Who cares? Some stuff just needs to be said sometimes.

ya, reed has definitely come around in the past 3-4 years where he has let his personality show a little and isnt affraid to speak his mind. i think a lot of that has to do with him having his own team and being able to dictate things with out having to fear punishment from the big teams.

i think overall, thats part of the problem with the top guys in the sport. pro, especially top level mx/sx is a, in terms of the manufacturers and sponsors point of view, is a "what have you done for me lately" sport. especially with the way sponsors and money are harder to come by right now than they were in say 2006. that why a lot of these guys appear to be robots, and they partially are.

the big time sponsors and teams want the guy thats gonnna be a robot, politically correct, say all the right things, do all the right things, love jesus (dungey), and finish on the podium week in and week out....its not that they dont want to sponsor these guys, but really they dont want guys like jlaw who are constantly getting arrested and in fights and smoking dope (not that theres really anything wrong with pot IMO) , or guys like josh hanssen who are out blowing coke lines off strippers asses and hanging out with he chicks from "the hills". those guys have all the talent in the world, adn sponsors want them cause the fans like them, but the sponsors and teams are really never gonna pull or push them to do their best to win.

as far as dungey though. im not a fan. i jsut dont like heyzooz freak atheles. Potosawki and him, are with a doubt, the two top dogs in the sport right now. with that said though, i always think he'll be #2 behind who ever the top dog is. its nothing against him, hes an amazing rider, and i wish i had half an ounce of his talent, but he's always gonna be a brides made and ultimately a paper champ in my mind. untill he can stand up, go toe to toe with poto, beat him week in and week out, cock slap him in the face, make him his ****** and take a points championship from him, he's always gonna be the champ of all the papeles....

its not a bad thing. hes still got two 450mx championship and a 450 sx championship. 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99% of riders will never accomplish that

madskrillz2
06-25-2013, 05:08 PM
ya, reed has definitely come around in the past 3-4 years where he has let his personality show a little and isnt affraid to speak his mind. i think a lot of that has to do with him having his own team and being able to dictate things with out having to fear punishment from the big teams.

i think overall, thats part of the problem with the top guys in the sport. pro, especially top level mx/sx is a, in terms of the manufacturers and sponsors point of view, is a "what have you done for me lately" sport. especially with the way sponsors and money are harder to come by right now than they were in say 2006. that why a lot of these guys appear to be robots, and they partially are.

the big time sponsors and teams want the guy thats gonnna be a robot, politically correct, say all the right things, do all the right things, love jesus (dungey), and finish on the podium week in and week out....its not that they dont want to sponsor these guys, but really they dont want guys like jlaw who are constantly getting arrested and in fights and smoking dope (not that theres really anything wrong with pot IMO) , or guys like josh hanssen who are out blowing coke lines off strippers asses and hanging out with he chicks from "the hills". those guys have all the talent in the world, adn sponsors want them cause the fans like them, but the sponsors and teams are really never gonna pull or push them to do their best to win.

as far as dungey though. im not a fan. i jsut dont like heyzooz freak atheles. Potosawki and him, are with a doubt, the two top dogs in the sport right now. with that said though, i always think he'll be #2 behind who ever the top dog is. its nothing against him, hes an amazing rider, and i wish i had half an ounce of his talent, but he's always gonna be a brides made and ultimately a paper champ in my mind. untill he can stand up, go toe to toe with poto, beat him week in and week out, cock slap him in the face, make him his ****** and take a points championship from him, he's always gonna be the champ of all the papeles....

its not a bad thing. hes still got two 450mx championship and a 450 sx championship. 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99% of riders will never accomplish that

Well he can and has gone toe to toe with Poto. Just haven't seen it this year. They were back and forth a lot in 2011 and if it weren't for him running out of gas and starting almost a lap down at Southwick, he probably would have won that outdoor title. Go watch the 2nd moto from millville 2011. That's when I thought he would turn it around and start being more aggressive. One of the most aggressive I've ever seen him attempt on Poto.

madskrillz2
06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
This is what I mean when I say we need more characters and personality. Malcolm is my new hero.
<object id="flashObj" width="640" height="360" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2503498114001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fmotocross.transworld.net% 2F1000149585%2Fnews%2Fmookiefever%2F&playerID=1154759099001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACs3dJFk~,ZFMLvoLIsdEAd0rOmk4gNm cHjCvC4Pdg&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2503498114001&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fmotocross.transworld.net% 2F1000149585%2Fnews%2Fmookiefever%2F&playerID=1154759099001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACs3dJFk~,ZFMLvoLIsdEAd0rOmk4gNm cHjCvC4Pdg&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="640" height="360" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>