PDA

View Full Version : Ecx 70 gas tank

fast shee
01-02-2013, 06:59 AM
How long will a 70 run on a tank of fuel racing wot.
Need to know if i will have to figure out a reserve tank setup or not. We run for 1hr

#404's Dad
01-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Boy there is a lot of variables there, not sure.

fast shee
01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
What do you race mx or gncc? I know the question is a little vague but on a drr or apex where we run they run out at @ the 50 min mark depending on track. They would run a coolant tank to siphon into the fuel tank so they could finish.

#404's Dad
01-02-2013, 02:18 PM
We race MX, I know our DRR consumed way more fuel than our Cobra did this year, heck I dunno how to even figure it out but I'm curious for some reason lol.

We used to race a local race called the Ironman which was an hour long race and used an A/C Malossi 70 in a DRR and it would make the Hour just barely.

fast shee
01-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Our cobra is a 70 shifter with a stock engine and run xc. All our races are 1 hr this year and we got the machine at the end of the fall so we only took it out for 2 short runs and not enough time to check for any kind of consumption. I am just trying to check things out and get prepared before its too late. Having to make a fuel stop is not an option when running against the 4 strokes that never run out. Nobody up here runs these bikes in our series so I can't compare notes with anyone.

desratt
01-02-2013, 03:49 PM
you'll be fine. but go somewhere set up a track and make him run it for 1 hour. thats what we do everytime we change our set up much.

#404's Dad
01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Maybe try and measure exactly a certain amount of fuel, lines and carb in the tank and have the racer ride the crap out of it for 15 minutes then drain and remeasure to get an idea by multiplying it by 4???

fast shee
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Well I wish I could but we can't now because we got 3 feet of snow on the ground now with more to come and it doesn't go till about early to mid April then things have to dry up so he can even get anywhere without walking back cause he swamped it! Our series starts early may so it won't leave much time but both are ways I have done it before but not being able to ride leaves me stuck. Was hoping maybe some of you guys have been here with the equivalent machine and tell me if it will be somewhat close or just SOL! And start pushing. This is why I don't like new setups without having much time to test.

#404's Dad
01-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Dang, thats about where we are but not as much snow.

fast shee
01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I live for the snow but for this situation it is frustrating! Good thing is i can leave from my door and snowmobile anywhere in ontario or cross a ice bridge and go ride paradise in quebec. Gotta take the good with the bad i guess!

desratt
01-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Sometimes the snow is gods way of keeping us from getting burned out and replenish the bank account.

Then the devil brought indoor arenacross.

He sure has me by the 8a11s

fast shee
01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by desratt
Sometimes the snow is gods way of keeping us from getting burned out and replenish the bank account.

Then the devil brought indoor arenacross.

He sure has me by the 8a11s

He don't have me by them cause the wife puts them in her purse for the winter but she forgot about my credit card!!
Getting short on reasons and excuses why there is always something in big boxes arriving at the post office

desratt
01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Luckily I have stuff shipped to my house for my job on a daily basis..

fast shee
01-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Maybe I can convince the wife it's something for her business that she ordered. I'll try that one next! Thanks for the ideas guys.

desratt
01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Dang ups guy keeps putting the neighbors stuff on our porch. Don't worry honey i'll take it over to them(as I go to the garage). The neighbors sure do get alotta stuff.

fast shee
01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Tried that one. Worked for a little while until she met up with the ups delivery guy at the door and asked why he dont drop it at the right address!

desratt
01-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Mine don't talk to ups guy cause I already tell her he owes us child support.

fast shee
01-05-2013, 05:57 AM
He must be related to the mail man. Friendly but financially not reliable