PDA

View Full Version : Ben... t-shirts for summer

QuadJunkies
03-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Hey Ben, I was wondering how the shrits from summer did selling.. Good enough to get ones for summer? I knew there was mention of it when you were doing the winter ones..I know you have been real busy with the site lately,but can you tell me if sometime in the near future we will get them? I would like to get a few..Thanks and BTW I ordered my new exrider stickers today, the new ones should lok real nice on the predator:blah Tina:)

Castor-426ex
03-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Ben is mad

ive pmd him a hundred times just to shoot the **** and no luck...hes probably drunk:D :D :D

Striker49
03-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Ive got a few ideas ive been working on and am wearing my winter shirt at the moment. :)

How did the winter shirts sell?

TravEX
03-13-2003, 01:56 PM
i'll keep wearing my winter ones in the summer, just cause it has quads and EXRiders on it, BUT i would like to have a few new ones too,,,we need a summer one with a big air pic on it and some dunes pics,,,if he does ask for design ideas, i can't wait to see what you guys come up with,,,later

Guy400
03-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Striker49
How did the winter shirts sell? Not too great. He's still got well over 200 of the 300 he originally made up:(

03-13-2003, 02:36 PM
man he shouldnt of had winter 03 on em if they were just plain he coulda sold em all season:(

Glow Plug
03-13-2003, 02:37 PM
:( :( :( i knew i should have bought one!

Glow Plug
03-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
man he shouldnt of had winter 03 on em if they were just plain he coulda sold em all season:(

freeride is right, ben should of just had eriders.com or something like that... well mabye next time

Guy400
03-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
man he shouldnt of had winter 03 on em if they were just plain he coulda sold em all season:( Well hind sight is 20/20:( The problem was when the winter concept was being developed a lot of people said they looked great and that they'd buy one for themselves and a loved one. Using this information that was posted Ben approximated the number of T's people promised to buy. Unfortunately, when the shirts showed up all but a handful of people suddenly didn't have the money to buy the shirts like they stated they would. I have not discussed this with Ben and is just my feeling, but, I'd be surprised to see a summer EXR shirt. He's in the hole big time for these shirts and it would cost him even more money to design/print a summer shirt. My thought would be to create a design and then sell them on an "as ordered" basis. The only shirts that would get printed would be the ones someone has already paid for.

Glow Plug
03-13-2003, 02:44 PM
guy you are correct we should really do it as, orders should come in like get 20 or 30 orders in and print then ship tohse out and then wait until the next 30 or 40 orders come in etc etc

remlapr
03-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Well, I finally got of my arse and ordered one of the winter ones. I got some stickers too :D

QuadJunkies
03-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Well hind sight is 20/20:( The problem was when the winter concept was being developed a lot of people said they looked great and that they'd buy one for themselves and a loved one. Using this information that was posted Ben approximated the number of T's people promised to buy. Unfortunately, when the shirts showed up all but a handful of people suddenly didn't have the money to buy the shirts like they stated they would. I have not discussed this with Ben and is just my feeling, but, I'd be surprised to see a summer EXR shirt. He's in the hole big time for these shirts and it would cost him even more money to design/print a summer shirt. My thought would be to create a design and then sell them on an "as ordered" basis. The only shirts that would get printed would be the ones someone has already paid for. Shame on all those people who said they would buy and didnt!! I was one of the first to get one:grr ..If you really dont plan on buying one, then shouldnt be saying so, not right to be in the hole over this, thats too bad, I would have loved a few shirts,Im low on t-shirts..Come on people ,quit being so tight and cough up a few bucks after all, Ben went out of his way to have them made..:(

Doibugu2
03-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
guy you are correct we should really do it as, orders should come in like get 20 or 30 orders in and print then ship tohse out and then wait until the next 30 or 40 orders come in etc etc

What you guys forget, is that if you only place an order for like 20 shirts at a time, they are going to cost $30 a piece. Then nobody will buy one.

Ben has to buy in bulk because its a one time order for that print, has to buy enough to keep the price down.

Everyone needs to just shut up or start supporting the site, so we don't loose it.

Striker49
03-13-2003, 07:05 PM
:huh He's only sold 100?!

Well, I highly suggest that we ditch the whole season thing and have general shirts that will be bought year round.

With that said, buy up the Winter Shirts people or we wont have new shirts period. :ermm:

03-13-2003, 07:08 PM
ill buy 2 :)

03-13-2003, 07:09 PM
:ermm: u guys all got mad at me and lathers and told us to shut up if we didnt like the idea and now u agree with us :eek2: :eek2: at least i was honest and said i wasnt gonna buy one:(

Glow Plug
03-13-2003, 07:12 PM
well it would have been better if it was a year round shirt and if it wasn't white i wouldn't of bought one (i just looked at the pic) and they look to preppy :rolleyes:

cyba888
03-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Change the design and maybe ill buy one :blah

Striker49
03-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by cyba888
Change the design and maybe ill buy one :blah

:rolleyes: The designs get changed when those 200 winter shirts are gone. :rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
03-16-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
:rolleyes: The designs get changed when those 200 winter shirts are gone. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

p@iNn3ck
03-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Ok, I can understand people not wanting to buy a shirt if they don't like the design, or color, or being short on cash.... but it's not like you gotta wear the thing to church. Wear it to work on your quad, $5 it like a stylish work rag. Or consider it a $5 donation to help keep a site going that everyone loves to visit, and you get the tshirt for free. Or everyone could wait till it gets hard enough on Ben that he has to start charging a $5 registration charge..... or $20 a year subscription like an online magazine..... I bet everyone uses this site more than ATVSport mags.

I guess thats my parental rag for now. I've only been on here for a couple months, but have met some cool people and great info! So a few shirts and stickers are worth it, even if they're just for mowin the yard in, or have "Winter 1900" on it (I consider it a momento of when I joined). So I guess everyone can do what they want, one of our freedoms here in the US, but another great thing about the US is how we jump in to help out when there's trouble.

:D :D :) :) :D :D

BTW, don't make me post this in all the other t-shirt threads, I will....don't test me, I've been a parent for 12 years.:devil :scary:

Ryan
03-16-2003, 02:23 PM
I think this site shouldn't have shirts unless Ben is 100% sure that there will be enough buyers for the next set. This site is better off selling other products other then cloths. IMO this site still needs to grow untill it is ready for selling cloths.

One thing I would like to ask. How come Ben doesn't take in more sponsers so hes not in such a deep hole? I think more sponsers could do this site AND Ben alot of good in the future :) .

Team Outlaw #34
03-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Ben should order like half the shirts next time....