PDA

View Full Version : chain & sprockets

JACK STRAW
12-29-2012, 07:04 PM
whats the best bang for the buck brand of chain and sprockets to buy.good quallity. thanks

Mtndew99
12-29-2012, 07:48 PM
I recently went to my local Yamaha shop and got 2 different front sprockets and a 1 rear with a chain the sprockets were sunstar and the chain was a gytr

DragonGunner
12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
D.I.D. 520 Gold X Ring Chain. Renthal sprockests are kinda $ but are the best IMO....also have sunstar and they hold up pretty good.

BlasterEaten250
12-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
D.I.D. 520 Gold X Ring Chain. Renthal sprockests are kinda $ but are the best IMO....also have sunstar and they hold up pretty good. Yeah I have had really good luck with that chain, combine that with any steel sprockets and you will be set for a long time.

12-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I just finished an entire race season-9 races, a bunch of practices and test days on a Rocky Mountain Primary Drive set. Gold chain, aluminum rear sprocket and their lightened front sprocket. No complaints whatever. Could run the set for a few more races if I wanted to.

JOHNDOE83
12-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Ok, sure O ring and X ring and gold chains are good.

But, a X or O ring chain is heavier not only is it heavier but it doesnt move as freely as a regular steel chain.

So, if your looking for max HP and peformance you want a basic steel chain, If you want life and durability get a X or O ring chain.

Sprokets are the same, except if you want life and durability you get a heavy steel sproket, if you want performance and HP you get a light weight allum type sproket.

Zakradu398
12-29-2012, 09:08 PM
DID X ring and mostly any steel sprockets is what I use.

CJM
12-29-2012, 10:47 PM
X ring chain, Ive used them all and for the money primary drive is worth it.

As for sprockets, aluminum ones wear out to quick, buy steel. I like JT sprockets for price but any steel sprockets will do.