PDA

View Full Version : Pros racing the 2013 SST Series?

TrapZ400
12-28-2012, 09:18 PM
What pro atv racers will be racing the series?
www.stadiumsupertrucks.com

johnnyquad17
01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet.

01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Same here. Can't wait to see who is racing where.

Tommy Warren
01-03-2013, 05:40 PM
i wanna see Jason "the yard sale" Ellis back

johnnyquad17
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM
How about Travis Spader, or Dana Creech? You can make pretty good money compared to the Nationals.

88redrocket
01-03-2013, 07:51 PM
This is a quote directly from josh creamer when asked about the sst series

"Ill be surprised to see the SST series happen. There's a lot of stuff that needs to happen in order for us to race there and I'm doubtful if it will"

johnnyquad17
01-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks, I will hold offf on getting tickets for sure.

ben300
01-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by 88redrocket
This is a quote directly from josh creamer when asked about the sst series

"Ill be surprised to see the SST series happen. There's a lot of stuff that needs to happen in order for us to race there and I'm doubtful if it will"

i would say this is probably an accurate guestimation......i dont see them getting the quad series ready nor do i see the SST series lasting all that long for that matter, based soley that other than NASCAR, Drag, and MX, racing is not as popular in teh states as it used to be. not to mention its not on a major tv outlet. notice i say tv outlet, not sports outlet. not everybody gets NBC sports.........EVERYONE gets nbc, abc, cbs, fox.....

i see it one, two, three seasons maybe, sponsors dry up, robby's money dries up....done. which is a shame, cause it could be fun to watch

jrspawn
01-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
i wanna see Jason "the yard sale" Ellis back

RED DRAGONS!

FHKracingZ
01-04-2013, 04:19 PM
When you have things like manufacture buy-ins in order to race and monster trucks at shows, paying sponsors become weary if its a race or a entertainment show. It will be interesting to see how or if the quads will be able to race.

trompen542
01-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Quads/utv's have been removed from the website, so I am guessing its a no go

johnnyquad17
01-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Glad I waited to buy tickets.

johnnyquad17
01-25-2013, 12:44 PM
They still have quads and utv listed. I sent them a e-mail to clarify. I will let everyone know what they say.

bbender85
01-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by johnnyquad17
They still have quads and utv listed. I sent them a e-mail to clarify. I will let everyone know what they say.

where do you see atv? i dont see any mention of it in the rules

Program – The here within consist of events for SST.
•Autograph Session
•Monster Truck Heat Races
•Monster Truck Main Event
•SST Heat Races
•Side by Side Main Event
•SST Last Chance Qualifier
•SST Driver Introductions
•SST Main Event

bad450r08
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Quads are on the schedule list

ktmmack
01-26-2013, 03:17 PM
for a whole 15min? wow

TrapZ400
01-26-2013, 08:38 PM
It doesn't look like any top pros from the nationals will race the series. To me the nationals seem more important than the SST series.

Just look at the name of the series "stadium super truck". Lol good luck to any top pro to get sponsors to help fund them to run it. In my opinion any sponsor would be like wtf is this, quad wars that they have at monster truck events?

To me the SST series will just use the utvs and quads as the sideshow to the trucks.

On a more positive note, I think in 2013, atv motocross will have the most exposure it has had since the wpsa days with MTN DEW being the title sponsor of the nationals. With a name like mtn dew it will bring a ton of exposure to the world of atv mx if they market it well enough. It would be so gnarly to see chad wienen in a mtn dew commercial!

With mtn dew being apart of the atv mx nationals it will attract more outside the industry sponsors. It is a "copy-cat industry". When I big company does something another big company will follow.

440racer66
01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
It doesn't look like any top pros from the nationals will race the series. To me the nationals seem more important than the SST series.

Just look at the name of the series "stadium super truck". Lol good luck to any top pro to get sponsors to help fund them to run it. In my opinion any sponsor would be like wtf is this, quad wars that they have at monster truck events?

To me the SST series will just use the utvs and quads as the sideshow to the trucks.

On a more positive note, I think in 2013, atv motocross will have the most exposure it has had since the wpsa days with MTN DEW being the title sponsor of the nationals. With a name like mtn dew it will bring a ton of exposure to the world of atv mx if they market it well enough. It would be so gnarly to see chad wienen in a mtn dew commercial!

With mtn dew being apart of the atv mx nationals it will attract more outside the industry sponsors. It is a "copy-cat industry". When I big company does something another big company will follow.

i hope so. this sport needs all the help it can get. i remember the first time i heard about a quad race in my home town that was the gncc and the first time i saw it i was like dad i can do that! and ive been hooked ever since if we can get more youth out there to see that quads race too just like bikes we will see the sport take off. but you ask people that ride sport quad if they know chad john or any other big name in the sport they cant tell you who they are. but you ask just about anyone who bubba stewart is they can tell you. we need coverage!!!!

Pappy
01-27-2013, 06:27 AM
You guys keep mentioning exposure and in all honesty, every area of the market is self saturated. The problem is the money game. You want atv racing on ESPN or a MSM channel, then you have to pay for it. It is not a lack of want or need but purely funds.

The sad fact of the matter is that atv racing is such a small piece of the market that it can not sustain major network access. We can barely field a full gate of paid pro's much less expect a production and airing on a Sunday afternoon main channel.

Motorcycles have the number advantage and they have continued to grow over the past three decades. You find a way to pump immense amounts of money into atv racing to attract bigger sponsors who have the funds to back the growth of the racing scene and you will eventually find some success, but I doubt it will ever be on par with the bikes.

Mtn Dew is a good start, but it is not a full blown Mtn Dew deal as far as I know. I try and steer clear of the political side of this but I can tell you that everyone involved with the national series is busting their *** to grow, an almost insurmountable task in today's economic climate.

bbender85
01-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bad450r08
Quads are on the schedule list

"side by side (ATV)"... i interpret that as "side by side (also known as ATV for those that aren't familiar with the term).

trompen542
01-28-2013, 10:31 AM
they changed the rules page, quads and side by sides, were listed, with pictures, and it said the rule book, would be out, they are not on the rules page any more, and the pictures are gone also.

FHKracingZ
01-28-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure if the quads are still going to be racing. If it falls apart I am sure you will hear why because from what I understand their (SST's) regulations and politics were pretty wild.

Baracudaaa
01-29-2013, 08:47 AM
(ATV) had to be a type-o by the chick who laid out the web page and didnt know the difference between UTV and ATV.

trompen542
02-07-2013, 03:37 PM
THIS IS A COPY OF AN EMAIL I JUST GOT FROM USAC
As of this time, the ATV and UTV classes are not included in the SST Series. Robby and his crew are still hoping to add them at some point but some details need to be put in place