PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Smitty, we will miss you.

thequadfather+2
12-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Just got off the phone with Stan Digby and he told me Smitty passed away after a brief battle with cancer. I hope his family can find a little comfort knowing we are all keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.

edwardsp&b
12-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Dang man I hate to hear that. Prayers go out from our family to his.
Bryan Kirkland

don bassani
12-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Smitty and I did not always see eye to eye,but I liked him and he will be missed.Memories of him walking around with his black army boots and blue AMA shirt. It will be strange with him not there.

hensonfamfun
12-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Just incredibly sad news. I have seen smitty go nose to nose with dads AND moms. Lol. I have seen him stop and talk to kids and spend time with them asking them racing questions and were they having a good time. Right, wrong, or indifferent he always kept the squeaky will greased and the train on the tracks! I'm sure we can all agree that in this circle of racers that's easier said than done and he did it! To his family our thoughts are with you during this time and please find comfort in the fact that he touched hundreds of lives and will be missed terribly. We will miss you Smitty!

Logan #34's Dad
12-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Smitty will be missed. Whether you liked him or not, SOMEONE has to be in charge and lay down the rules/laws. Smitty did a good job tring to listen and keep everyone happy or at least content... NOT an easy job with WE youth parents.

GODSPEED Smitty!

Ryko racing
12-31-2012, 06:54 AM
I always thought Smitty was fair. As you said someone has to enforce the rules. We will say a prayer for him and his family....

Rest in peace my friend..

THARNESS
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
So sorry to hear this news. Smitty and I had our fair share of battles, but once you got to know him, he was a really good guy. He will be greatly missed by not only his family and friends, but the ATV racing community as well. Godspeed Smitty.

nastynotchback1
12-31-2012, 11:55 AM
I only got to meet him this past year but he was a cool guy.Very straight forward.Hate his time came to an end.He will be very hard to replace.Prays out to his family

jay-r
12-31-2012, 08:21 PM
What a memorable character. He had a very tough job and will be missed. Someone will have big shoes to fill.