View Full Version : Anyone from ohio riding at Rumble on the Ridge?

Foxyangel0425
03-13-2003, 08:59 AM
Hello. Is anyone going to Rumble on the Ridge in Athena Ohio (?) on Saturday March 29th?

remlapr
03-13-2003, 09:03 AM
What is it? Where?

Foxyangel0425
03-13-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
What is it? Where?

Its a about a 3+ hr ride just through some woods, open fields etc. I have never been there myself, but my hubby and his friends have...and he tells me all the time that i must try it out. There is no racing or anything envolved....you just ride to enjoy nature have a good time and meet cool people that like to ride too.

brokeitin3
03-13-2003, 09:26 AM
I was there 2 years ago and had a great time

remlapr
03-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Sounds cool, but I just checked MapQuest and that would be about 5 hours for me :eek:

250exen
03-13-2003, 01:29 PM
I'M GOING!!!!!!
I went last year and had a great time. there are lots of HUGE rolling hills (some about a mile long:eek2: ) and some really steep ones off to the side...

but i thought it was the 22nd........

Foxyangel0425
03-13-2003, 04:58 PM
ok, don't scare me before i go now.......i am not a big fan of big hills or jumping....so please don't tell me there are big hills that are steap and scarry. I have only been riding for a short time now. :eek2:

250exen
03-14-2003, 08:44 AM
their not that big....hehehe.

but really, thay are easy hills, you dont need to worry about it. they are nice and easy (well most of um;) )

if you ever went up a hill before youll be fine....:D

fire x 2000
03-14-2003, 08:46 AM
The correct spelling for the town is Adena. You can visit the web site www.rumbleontheridge.homestead.com Have been riding there for the past 2 years.

250exen
03-14-2003, 08:46 AM

but really, thay are easy hills, you dont need to worry about it. they are nice and easy (well most of um;) )

look for me, ill be in a blue 4 door f-150 with about 4 quads in the back. 1 yellow 250ex, a red sportsman 500 and probably a few honda 300 4x4's(tan and maybe red)

tj

UglyMotha™
03-14-2003, 09:22 AM
i had plan on goin cause it's about 2.5hrs for me but i'm thinking it's goin to take an act of god for me to get my cam before then

Foxyangel0425
03-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha
i had plan on goin cause it's about 2.5hrs for me but i'm thinking it's goin to take an act of god for me to get my cam before then

Well get a move on and get it back together!! We would love to meet all of you down there....if i don't chicken out before than LOL :D

Foxyangel0425
03-15-2003, 03:40 AM
Great!! We are going to go down on Friday night and find a hotel near by (we hope) so we can beat the crowd in the morning. I guess it gets pretty jammed.

I have hit the hills at Bear Creek which aren't to bad...its just that rough train that gets me.....:devil (LOL) I haven't done that really BIG hill that every likes to do....I usually go up that steep hill right after the track. Though if i had my way i would stay at the track and play in the mud....we got some really good mudding pictures...i will have to find a way to post those (still trying to figure that out) :confused2.

I will have a 4x4 Honda Rancher, and my hubby will have a 97 Honda 300....we will be looking for you! I am not sure if we will have a buddy with us or not.....we may have a yellow 02 300 with us too.....we shall see.

Originally posted by 250exen

look for me, ill be in a blue 4 door f-150 with about 4 quads in the back. 1 yellow 250ex, a red sportsman 500 and probably a few honda 300 4x4's(tan and maybe red)

tj

yellowex01
03-15-2003, 12:44 PM
I will be there with the boys from www.paatving.com
Heading down on friday and camping out. Foxy, there really isnt any jamb ups anywhere. It will be muddy though. Last year we woke up to 2" of fresh snow on the ground. Nice stream crossings also.. Bring some clothes to change into.

Foxyangel0425
03-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by yellowex01
I will be there with the boys from www.paatving.com
Heading down on friday and camping out. Foxy, there really isnt any jamb ups anywhere. It will be muddy though. Last year we woke up to 2" of fresh snow on the ground. Nice stream crossings also.. Bring some clothes to change into.

Sounds good....hope we see your trailer or sign....what will u be riding so we know its you?

My husband was telling me about the stream crossings, he was joking that i can just pick up my feet and go.....since i got a 4x4. LOL. :devil Thanks for all your advice....i hope to see you all there! It would be wonderful for us Exriders to see & talk to each other in person....we will be looking for you!! :)

rookiex
03-15-2003, 02:57 PM
How far is this from grove city ohio or right around columbus?

Foxyangel0425
03-15-2003, 03:46 PM
go to there web site, they have map quest. http://www.rumbleontheridge.homestead.com/

yellowex01
03-16-2003, 06:44 AM
Foxy. I will be riding this... Look for the Paatving Banner it will be covering a Winnebago up on a hill..

Foxyangel0425
03-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Sounds good!! We will be looking for you....if we have any luck we will stop and say hi!! :p

Quadfather
03-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Scott,

That's gonna be tough to ride without any handlebars.

I might try and make it there, I'll email ya if I do. When are you heading down? Do you just throw a tent down where ya please, or what?

yellowex01
03-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Steve, you have to make this one. I am going down friday late afternoon, I think Extreme from Pa is heading down then as well. Yea you pretty much just pitch a tent. Last year was kinda cold with snow in the morning, but It got decent by afternoon. Really muddy though.. If you go shoot me an email.. Later

Foxyangel0425
03-17-2003, 03:56 AM
We are planning on heading down Friday afternoon/night, and we would like to find a hotel...do you guys know if there is any hotels near by?

yellowex01
03-17-2003, 08:55 AM
Oh C'mon just pitch a tent and be done with it:). You will probably have to get ahold of the people running it and they should be able to tell you about any hotels close by.

Foxyangel0425
03-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by yellowex01
Oh C'mon just pitch a tent and be done with it:). You will probably have to get ahold of the people running it and they should be able to tell you about any hotels close by.

LOL...i have no problem camping out, we camp out all weekend at the drag strip, with no complaints.....but keep in mind its warm outside and well in late March there is no telling how cold it would be :eek2: So i will pass on that. :D

From what i heard last year there was a lot of drunk people that were riding around at 2:00 AM and through out the night!!

NO THANK YOU!!!! :mad:

Fast61Falcon2
03-26-2003, 02:56 PM
bump

Foxyangel0425
03-27-2003, 05:14 AM
sad to say guys...we might not be going this time around. My husband hurt his back really bad and if he doesn't feel better by Friday we aren't going. :(

The next ride would be on my b-day so really don't want to go then (LOL) :p

UglyMotha™
03-27-2003, 05:26 AM
hey foxy your work at knukonceptz or somthing just wondering i got a bunch of crap from there in my truck

Foxyangel0425
03-27-2003, 11:38 AM
hey foxy your work at knukonceptz or somthing just wondering i got a bunch of crap from there in my truck

no i don't work there, my brother in law owns knukonceptz!!

UglyMotha™
03-28-2003, 01:17 AM
sweeet, so you can get me the family dicount next time i need somthing:D

Foxyangel0425
03-28-2003, 01:41 AM
sweeet, so you can get me the family dicount next time i need somthing:D

LOL i don't even get a discount (just kidding).

Seriously, what do you think of his stuff?? Good shippment, good product etc etc??? Honest truth now....i can handle it (LOL) ;)

UglyMotha™
03-28-2003, 01:47 AM
i like it, all seems to be good quality and at a good price i've been running it for two years now the only complaint i have is on the capacitor the digital voltmeter doesn't shut down until like 2 hrs after the system is shut off and the only reason the bothers me is cause my system is in the back of my extended cab truck i have 5% tint but that thing is still visible from the outside so i might as well put some flashing lights on the top of my truck saying come get me, we get alot of systems stolen around here but i've been safe so far

Foxyangel0425
03-28-2003, 07:14 AM
i like it, all seems to be good quality and at a good price i've been running it for two years now the only complaint i have is on the capacitor the digital voltmeter doesn't shut down until like 2 hrs after the system is shut off and the only reason the bothers me is cause my system is in the back of my extended cab truck i have 5% tint but that thing is still visible from the outside so i might as well put some flashing lights on the top of my truck saying come get me, we get alot of systems stolen around here but i've been safe so far

Did you e-mail him and ask him what u can do about that? Have u checked their site out lately? Maybe they have new stuff out that u won't have that problem

lildude
04-06-2003, 03:23 PM
1st off it is adena ohio not athena lol...there isnt really any challaging hills there but i guess it could be considered a enjoyable ride

there is some hills at the black pond its like a coal pit whenever the next one is ill prolly be there couse i dont go on the runs so just take a ride there there will prolly be 2 yellow 400s with e series pipes a warrior with a t4 a recon and a kawi 220

go out the gates of the entrance to the club turn right mabe the next right on like a gravel road and go out the road till you see a big field on your right and just follow one of them paths out through the field i wouldnt flyin through the field to fast though if you didnt know they were there that drop could kinda sneak up on you

Foxyangel0425
04-10-2003, 01:32 PM
my husband has been there several times, i just wanted to see if he was right about the hills and such.