PDA

View Full Version : Old Racer TV

DragonGunner
12-27-2012, 04:57 AM
I have several days off work and dug out the video archive to dub over to dvd's....I'm starting off with the 2003 season of GNCC XC racing, still need to dig deeper as I know I have either 2002 or 2001 or both somewhere....Rd. 3 of 2003 had alot of mud, seeing the 2 strokes getting stuck, and then Greg Trew on his 460EX dig through it and keep on going.....also nice seeing my favorite Chad Duvall on his 500EX, Chris Borich on his 250R hits a rut and flips over the handlebars! Then passes Ballance but later clips a small tree on a fast straight line and goes off the quad again, Ballance stops to see if he's OK.....
Think I have most of these up to 2011....no diretv anymore so just been watching the highlights on the GNCC website....not to computer savy but need to figure out how to save those......anybody else remeber these races way back before the 4 strokes got popular, or am I the only old guy here.....LOL.

Scro
12-27-2012, 06:20 AM
www.racertvonline.com

muddy400EX
12-28-2012, 10:05 PM
i remember one where it was ballance's first race on his 400ex, and one of the 250r guys got stuck goin up a hill. and ballance comes up behind him and just pushes him up,lol

dxcody
12-29-2012, 03:08 AM
It is crazy you have all those. I would like to have from about 2006 - present on video..

I haven't been around the racing world long enough to know anybody earlier than like 06.

I mean Obviously you have Borich, Gallagher, Ballance, etc.. But I only know a few of the original guys Like Matt Smiley, Santo Derisi, Yokley.. etc.

I wish they would upload every racertv episode to that website. I have e-mailed them multiple times about it, but never gotten a response.

DragonGunner
12-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i remember one where it was ballance's first race on his 400ex, and one of the 250r guys got stuck goin up a hill. and ballance comes up behind him and just pushes him up,lol

That was Ironman race Ballance decided to run a LRD440EX with about zero hrs. on it.....ya he pushed a lapper up a hill that was caught in the ruts!!! Think he got up to third and then the steering just got tight, got so tight....Ballance DNF that race.....think it was steering problems.....He raced his 250 one more yr. then went to the YFZ.

dxcody
12-29-2012, 09:57 AM
So was it pretty much all 250R and LTR250Rs?

Did the pro class ever run banshee's?

muddy400EX
12-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
So was it pretty much all 250R and LTR250Rs?

Did the pro class ever run banshee's?

ya it was all 250r's. and yokley had a kawasaki hybrid thing with a kx motor or something. then they started experimenting with the 4 strokes

dont remember seeing any banshees, not really a good quad for racing tho

DragonGunner
12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
ya it was all 250r's. and yokley had a kawasaki hybrid thing with a kx motor or something. then they started experimenting with the 4 strokes

dont remember seeing any banshees, not really a good quad for racing tho

That was the first yr. I started taping racer tv...those shows was 1 hr of solid racing! All 250R's...no LTR, and Yokley ran a Kawi motor in his, had the all green machine. They did run Banshee in pro class...believe on ewas Santo DeRisi...not sure how to spell it...lol. He was really good. Then the 400EX showed up and started racing in the pro....then they decided to have a pro and pro production class, that lasted one yr or maybe 2 and then they put them together and that was the last of 250R's becuase everything had to be stock frames.

dxcody
12-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Ohh ok. That's crazy..

I always wondered what all quads they ran because on the scoreboards from way back when, the Makes say LON, (i am assuming that is Lonestar..

I think Ballances said LRD.

So I was just curious..

I can't believe in the time.. With how much the sport has grown, that they used to have a 1 hour show, and now they have about a 15 minute show... By the time you take out all the camera cuts and interviews, and the morning race highlight, and comercials.. you see about a total of around 12 - 15 minutes of solid pro racing.

zyoung04
12-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Ive been watching all the huevos movies here lately. Its cool starting out watching the first one and seeing how evolved over those 12yrs how everything went from being basically a stock quad to fully ground up race machines. U see some weird looking stuff in those older videos for sure.

DragonGunner
12-30-2012, 07:00 AM
OK watching the first tape of mine...it was Loretta Lyns 2001....there is a Raptor running in the pros...Seagot is racing what I thought was a Honda 250R but sponser is listed as Yamaha, so bet its a LTR, an at least one Banshee in pro.....