PDA

View Full Version : Securing your quad!

jman7290
12-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Lockdown

DragonGunner
12-27-2012, 05:07 AM
I like!! I hate thieves....several yrs ago guys stole my brother in laws Raptor an a 250R....he spent a yr. rebuilding on the R, it was going to be super fast. The day he finished it an drove it for the first time for 20 min. was the night they stole it, during a storm. Lucky he had insurance and he just bought a brand new 2004 450R.

Something else I did was get a DOOR STOP ALARM, push the pedal down and turn it on, keeping the pedal down put it under a tire, if the quad is moved it will sound the alarm. Also on my shed I have a bungy cord attached so if the door opens more than 4" the lights and a radio comes on full blast!! I also had a baby moniter out there as well and that would wake me if anything happens......so do more than chains and locks is my advise.

jman7290
12-27-2012, 07:47 AM
I hear you man, the yellow was stolen last December and I got it back in may. I found it on Craigslist. Thanks for the ideas, I will add some of those in. I got a few other things going on there also, bolts in the break disk, etc!!!

Longdong
12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Tip: don't wash your quads in your front yard!

Don't parade your quads in the back of your truck or trailer around town.

If you have an enclosed travel don't put stickers all over it! Big giveaway!!!!
I always laugh at people when they advertise they have toys because they think they are cool!

DirtyBirdRacing
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I was planning on putting a motorcycle alarm on mine with a animated remote that would tell me if it was going off.

jman7290
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Lol! I thought about that to, just to mess with my friends when we go to ride and I hit the button and my quad goes dupe dupe!!!