PDA

View Full Version : Shady eBay business

beastlywarrior
12-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Forwarding this from rich250rracer

Apparently, Ebay and Paypal are involved in some questionable business practices with respect to a buyer who is listed as a "partner" of eBay. If you are planning on selling something on eBay, please watch who is bidding on your item. About a week ago I sold a set of Chevy 454SS wheels to a bidder using the ID flight2ams. Having not sold much on eBay in the last five years or so, I didn't think much of it when I got what looked like an automatically generated email from the buyer, which was a little demanding in the way the wheels shipped, asking that I number boxes, put the ebay number on the outside of each box, and register my tracking numbers on their website. Strange? Yeah, but they paid and the wheels went out with delivery confimation through USPS. I got a little curious (aftrer the fact, of course) about this buyer who goes by the company name Shop Airlines America. It turns out this company is a middleman or third party buyer located in California for bidders in Japan. Without your knowledge, eBay posts your auction on their Japanese affiliate sekaimon.com and your item can be bid on by the Japanese through Shop Airlines America, EVEN if you specify you'll only sell in the US. Here's where the problems tart. Your item is shipped to the California address, where it is inspected, repacked, and shipped to Japan. Apparently many items have been damaged, or not received at all by the end buyer in Japan (or they're just claiming this to scam us). The buyers in Japan are filing complaints with eBay and Paypal, and guess who Ebay and Paypal are standing behind? Not the American seller. Even if your product reaches the California address and you get delivery confimation and good feedback, eBay is coming after your money. Shop America Airlines has 100% positive feedback it (eBay conveniently removed the option of leaving negative feedback around the same time they partnered with this company), and goes by up to 18 different user ID's (a violation of eBay rules). Check the links and take a look at my original auction, the Japanse version, and also the blog I found regarding this company, it's some interesting reading (the link to the blog takes you to page five, you might want to start from the beginning).Â_So far, I haven't had a problem, but the wheels haven't arrived at the California address yet. I really hope this doesn't get screwed up, a lot of the sellers who are complaining aren't getting there item back
Â_
Â_
Â_Chevy C1500 454SS Wheels Silverado Sierra | eBay
Â_
eBay
Â_
eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America Broker

CJM
12-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Interesting. Im not really sure what to make of it other than if its indeed true its a load of horse poo.

ZRider400
12-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Interesting that you posted this.....i recently sold a camoplast track kit to this buyer. Took a while to get a feedback , but positive was left. They had asked us to put item number on outside of package

We did not have any issues...has been a few months now :huh

beastlywarrior
12-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Original listing
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=290828135040
Relisting
http://www.sekaimon.com/ItemListReg.do?srch_keyword=290828135040&srch_category_id=0&aoSearch=AND&page_mode=srch&disp_mode=srch&srch_seller_id=&srch_seller_cnd=&item_sort=&wayOfBid=ALL&srch_sekaimon=false&srch_trs=false&srch_glb_auc=false&srch_glb_bin=false&srch_price_currency=USD&srch_min_price=&srch_max_price=&srch_country_id=&displayNum=50&reg_param=srch&page_number=1
Reviews
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/comments/2011/1/1293985087.html/5/80#comments

CJM
12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
All I can say now is I refuse to take part in doing this if they buy my stuff. Every new auction will clearly state something along the lines of "no 3rd party shipping companies may bid on this item, item is for sale only in continental US, etc, etc"

Honda5
12-25-2012, 05:25 PM
I have sold them several things and another company called flighttolax and never had a problemwith than. there is a group that's buys stuff in the same way in upper deleware for shipment overseas they get hundreds of packages daily.
Wow I just read some of the complaints and that sucks.

trompen542
12-26-2012, 07:59 AM
We have sold a number of parts to this company, and have always gotten good feed back, and have had no problems with them.

OldGuyonaQuad
12-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by trompen542
We have sold a number of parts to this company, and have always gotten good feed back, and have had no problems with them.

read through the complaints there was one company that shipped thousands of items over a couple of years with about 20 negatives and now they are holding a 1,500 tab.

It only takes one. I don't think it's a scam per say but it does leave you the seller completely vulnerable.