PDA

View Full Version : 300ex, dies or boggs when give gas!

300exjuggalo
03-13-2003, 07:35 AM
i was riding my 300ex with my buddys in the trails buy my house , and when i would be in 3rd and would down shift to second (at the appropriate time) and then id give it gas again it would like bogg down and kill out , some times even die, and i was going the right speed for second gear so iwasnt in like the wrong gear for that speed, it used to be like 5 degrees out and snow, and it just got up to like 35-40 degrees out and reallly wet do you think that its just my jettings because its gettin warmer and stuff, and it will get used to it?, cause i rode later and it didnt seem to die or bogg down anymore, and i did let it warm up too

thanks

Steve-o 400EX
03-13-2003, 02:00 PM
It sounds like a jetting problem. Do a plug check and see what turns up. You may be runnin lean since it warmed up and the air is denser. After you check the plug let me know what ya find out.;)

swamprider7
03-13-2003, 02:16 PM
It sound like he is running rich because when it warms up, the air becomes LESS dense. When it was 5 degrees out, it was running good because the air was denser. Try taking the airbox off and seeing if it runs better. If it does, your jetting is rich. Hope that helps.

300exjuggalo
03-13-2003, 04:30 PM
ill try takin the air box lid off:eek2: and then later ill also take the plug and check color and tell you:macho

Steve-o 400EX
03-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by swamprider7
It sound like he is running rich because when it warms up, the air becomes LESS dense. When it was 5 degrees out, it was running good because the air was denser. Try taking the airbox off and seeing if it runs better. If it does, your jetting is rich. Hope that helps.

Actually cold air is less dense because there is not nearly as much moisture in it as when it is warm out. TRUST ME. Ask anyone on here with half a brain. Do you play any sports?? If ya do you know that it is harder to breathe in cold air, i play ice hockey i know. There is more oxygen in warmer air.:rolleyes:

300exjuggalo
03-14-2003, 12:53 PM
i checked the plug it was like black, not like dark ***** black but some black, should i take my air box cover off? and i just cleaned my filter it was really dirty, now its all clean :devil and my idle was a little off so i got it better