PDA

View Full Version : What to buy?

HondaRacing83
12-25-2012, 07:07 AM
I got over $200 in gift cards to my local dealer. You can order out of the tucker rocky catalog or the parts unlimited catalog. My quad doesnt really NEED anything besides an oil changin lol. Parts in my sig

Stickman400
12-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Rims? Or do you have them already? I'd just go on either website and filter the parts for an '05 400 and start browsing, surely you can find something. That's how I usually do it on Motosport.

Drfat400ex
12-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I reckon you could buy bout 8 ROOST BOOSTS with that much! Or somethin cool like a graphics kit or seat cover, make it your own quad kinna thing

TacicalRedneck
12-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
I got over $200 in gift cards to my local dealer. You can order out of the tucker rocky catalog or the parts unlimited catalog. My quad doesnt really NEED anything besides an oil changin lol. Parts in my sig

Another hundred and you've got yourself 2 beadlocks.

you still got the shocks on that thing? :p

Drfat400ex
12-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Better idea!!! Nerfs man nerfs you're gonna run over your foot haha and trust me that hurts!

HondaRacing83
12-25-2012, 04:50 PM
No I hate nerf bars and heelguards. had a real nice set of dg ones and took em off and sold em hated em love only pegs. dont really wanna put any extra money forward becayse i have other stuff to buy and im not all into riding to much anymore but wtf else am i gonna do with these gift cards besides put it towards my quad

Drfat400ex
12-25-2012, 04:57 PM
No I hate nerf bars and heelguards. had a real nice set of dg ones and took em off and sold em hated em love only pegs. dont really wanna put any extra money forward becayse i have other stuff to buy and im not all into riding to much anymore but wtf else am i gonna do with these gift cards besides put it towards my quad I used to think the same way man, came off a jump sideways and ripped me right off and twisted my ankle up real bad and hit the ol ball sack on the seat on the way past.. a lesson well learned haha

jman7290
12-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I would say nerf bars also, or a widened rear axel.

Stickman400
12-25-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm gunna x2 the nerfs bars after hearing you don't have any. I broke my leg when I landed wrong off a jump when I didn't have nerf bars, I didn't jump again until after I got them. It only takes 1 time for it to happen and then you regret it for the next 6-8 weeks while you sit in the house doing nothing. The Tusk nerfs are only $170, they look great and perform great, get them NOW!

CJM
12-25-2012, 07:49 PM
3rd nerfs. It only takes one time of running over your leg. Buddy of mine didnt have nerfs ran over his leg and is nearly disabled b/c of it. Dont be stupid.

dxcody
12-25-2012, 08:21 PM
I am not necessarily saying buy Nerfs... Becuase you want to race XC and on a mud race they pack with mud and it's a lot of extra weight BUT at least get some good Pegs with Heel guards.

I personally like nerfs.

But There is also a lot of people who run pegs only and never have issues.

KKiowaTJ
12-25-2012, 08:39 PM
5qt's of oil and couple filters.
A spare UNI so you can swap and clean when you have time etc. Extra brake pads since F/R are the same or atleast mine are lol.
New chain and sprockets, Endless small items that are helpful on the shelf.

Nerf's are good, But if you had them and sold them, No point in buying another set.

HondaRacing83
12-26-2012, 12:48 AM
i got oil and filters. no sense in getting another uni im up to date on mine. changed sprockets last winter still good condition new sunstars. Already got new d.i.d. chain. fresh axle bearings over summer. good swingarm bearings. all my bushings are tight and nice. i have custom made bronze brake pads so they dont wear out. i cant get any tusk products through parts unlimited or tucker rocky and im not shellin out my own cash as im not real into quads anymore and honestly dont even care about racing. i hated nerf bars. i run straight pegs no heelguards or anything never had a problem i wear fox comp 5. offroad boots riding. ill prob just get air shrouds and replace my poly skids with aluminum ones

ben300
12-26-2012, 06:27 AM
i got oil and filters. no sense in getting another uni im up to date on mine. changed sprockets last winter still good condition new sunstars. Already got new d.i.d. chain. fresh axle bearings over summer. good swingarm bearings. all my bushings are tight and nice. i have custom made bronze brake pads so they dont wear out. i cant get any tusk products through parts unlimited or tucker rocky and im not shellin out my own cash as im not real into quads anymore and honestly dont even care about racing. i hated nerf bars. i run straight pegs no heelguards or anything never had a problem i wear fox comp 5. offroad boots riding. ill prob just get air shrouds and replace my poly skids with aluminum ones

So why aren't you into riding and racing anymore?

ben300
12-26-2012, 06:27 AM

So why aren't you into riding and racing anymore?

HondaRacing83
12-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ben300
So why aren't you into riding and racing anymore? No sense in throwing money at a lost cause. Only reason I rode all the time was to try and get faster and theres no point anymore. I cant race so i gave up on that

ben300
12-26-2012, 10:14 AM
No sense in throwing money at a lost cause. Only reason I rode all the time was to try and get faster and theres no point anymore. I cant race so i gave up on that

throw that EX on the list of craig and save the money for a vehicle...your nearing that age arent you?

HondaRacing83
12-26-2012, 10:30 AM
yeah but my dad payed for some of my 400ex and the titles isnt exactly in my name so i cant really do that

TacicalRedneck
12-26-2012, 01:05 PM
sell your motorworks and get a good pipe
:D :D :D

KKiowaTJ
12-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Hats, T-shirts, sun glasses and hoody. Or bottle of tea, Skittles and a hoody? LMFAO

Find a person who needs said amount of items that total your gift cards and sell them a little cheper. If you have over $200 sell them for $200 or whatever you can get.

Buy top of the line parts with money and put them in the for sale section. Might loose a few dollars but cash is better than a card you wont use. Many ways to skin the cat.