PDA

View Full Version : Post what ya got!

dxcody
12-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Here is the only thing really, riding related that I got this year!

New FLY Helmet!

ZRider400
12-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Sweet helmet

ZeroLogic
12-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Some sleep and a semi decent meal! Merry Christmas from the Afghanistan!

HondaRacing83
12-25-2012, 07:04 AM
A new lcd tv and clothes and other **** really

ben300
12-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
A new lcd tv and clothes and other **** really

sound appreciative much?:huh

CJM
12-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Apparently tonsillitis again.. wtf

DragonGunner
12-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by CJM
Apparently tonsillitis again.. wtf

LOL...got diarea yesterday an today, wife been sick coughing sense last Weds. an still has it....getting better today.......we did get 500.00 cash ea. from my Mom.

dxcody
12-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I hear you guys...

2 days ago I woke up and had a scratchy throat.. Well I knew what was coming so I overdosed on water and home remedies trying to cure but yesterday when I woke up it hit me..

Numb back of the throat, and today it is sore.. and a slight cough.

Runny nose... I hate cold weather... HATE IT. But I do like snow.. And I heard yesterday we are suppose to get like between 9 - 14" in the next few days.. Guess we will see.

bad450r08
12-25-2012, 09:07 AM
gear and nikes

CJM
12-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Im thinking for me the reason I got sick was either contact from someone else or when I went riding on sunday.

It was cold, I got wet and by the time we were done I was racing back with nearly frostbitten hands b/c my gloves were soaked. I couldnt feel anything inmy hands really.

OldGuyonaQuad
12-25-2012, 10:49 AM
My 14 yr old has 102 temp. I saw a FB post about some homeopathic precaution using an onion cut in half and left in a couple of rooms. Onions supposedly absorb the bacteria and they go on to explain that you shouldn't store onions once cut for the same reason.

Back on topic. Today is for the kids since I pretty much get what I want the other 364 days of the year.

This year I did get a great deal of appreciation from both my kids even though I didn't get everything on their wish list. It's not easy trying to buy for two girls ages 14 & 19 as you try to balance both kids pile size, box count and budget.

That being said the youngest got 3 Taylor Swift Tickets, pink uggs, zebra pink Chi straightener, laptop charger, iphone covers and anything Justin Bieber pimps his name out to.

The 19 yr old got Leopard uggs (I can't believe I paid $249 for these, she could have gone to a concert), 14 piece zebra pink seat covers/floor mats, Garmin Nuvi, and they both got a bunch of stuff from Victoria's Secret, Hollister, Bed/bath/body works, american Eagle & Aeropastle.

One good thing as they get older the boxes become more expensive, fewer and much easier to wrap. I do not miss one bit sitting up until 4 am wrapping 100 items in oblong shapes.

Oh I got a free pass Friday to go riding and some sweats and the total BS promise of wild favors later that will go unfulfilled due to fatigue. ;)

CJM
12-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Wrapping haha. My folks never wrapped anything, told me santa clause didnt either b/c he doesnt your parents to clean up the mess afterwards.

wilkin250r
12-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
and the total BS promise of wild favors later that will go unfulfilled

HA!

I get that every year, for Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's Day. I think if that promise ever actually DID come true, I'd have a heart attack.

kt1148
12-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
HA!

I get that every year, for Christmas, Birthday, and Valentine's Day. I think if that promise ever actually DID come true, I'd have a heart attack. Thanks for the laugh. For some reason, I think there are a lot of guys that get the same promise unfulfilled...

finsteratv
12-25-2012, 01:28 PM
clothes.. had construction workers steal my ipod so my parents bought me one. All i really asked for was a cheapie 22 pistol to carry around while riding by myself in the boonies, but my parents got that for my brother and I to "share" but i can tell its already his.

I also have a sore throat, cough, runny nose, diarrea, and my eyes hurt to move? Then i've got a house full of family asking me why im so grumpy.

Soon to be closing on a new house though where i can set up my own shop space and isolate myself from all others.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
12-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Some sleep and a semi decent meal! Merry Christmas from the Afghanistan!

Thank you for making it possible for the rest of us to be home and safe for the holidays. :cool:

finsteratv
12-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
Thank you for making it possible for the rest of us to be home and safe for the holidays. :cool: x2!

Drfat400ex
12-25-2012, 04:37 PM
New toolbox, so much better!

muddy400EX
12-25-2012, 05:03 PM
got a gopro:cool: come on spring so i can use it! i hate winter, its cold, wet and depressing:(

madskrillz2
12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
I got 600 bucks so I can't complain. I rarely get anything besides money because I'm so picky when it comes to clothes or anything I have to wear. I'll probably get a new set of gear since I'm about to start riding again. Haven't bought gear in a good 3 years. Some of it will go towards renting a bobcat for my track and then I'll probably buy another pair of Nike's to add to the collection. Oh and I still have to buy some SX tickets for Atlanta.

Ruby Soho
12-25-2012, 06:02 PM
new carhartt vest, new welding shield, and a diesel power mag subscription. couldn't be happier.

beastlywarrior
12-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Ipad2 mini mag light and a carhartt hoodie

on the rocks
12-27-2012, 04:42 PM
the stuff that i got that is riding related is good stock shocks for the 400 to replace the blown ones. no pics

then the GF got me a troy lee voo doo helmet and then thor goggles and gloves.

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad194/sas10_bucket/4%20wheeler/xmas.jpg

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad194/sas10_bucket/4%20wheeler/xmas1.jpg

dxcody
12-28-2012, 12:16 AM
That is awesome man! Nice helmet for sure.

on the rocks
12-28-2012, 05:31 AM
Thanks! I was pumped when I got it I have looked at the hemit for years and always liked it. Nice to finaly have it.

bbender85
12-28-2012, 06:05 AM
i scored a couple pairs of jeans, some gift cards, and a broken pinky toe. damn parked snowblowers will jump out at ya.

KXRida
12-30-2012, 05:10 AM
Got a bunch of diesel/racing shirts, citizen titanium eco drive watch, a few new parts for my 1911 along with a new holster, some assorted tools, and a gift certificate to maryland performance diesel for my new turbo.

Giz400ex
12-30-2012, 03:44 PM
socks and peanuts =(

on the rocks
01-01-2013, 08:24 PM
new socks are nice, nothing beats the way a new sock fits.

ben300
01-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by on the rocks
new socks are nice, nothing beats the way a new sock fits.

especially good, high dollar socks, that are ment to fit good!

For the most part it was kind of a scaled back Christmas. My parents got me some new business casual wear for work cause my polos and slacks are starting to look hagard from nearly two years of use since i started my job. My family goes on a yearly ski trip so my parents are paying for my portion of the condo, so that was my big gift.

the girl friend got me some differetn shirts, cologne, a couple blue ray's. She also got me the ingredients to brew my own witbier (wheat beer), which is like blue moon. It was a surprise and i was totally pumped about it cause im starting to brew my own beer!

alast, i did spend a little money on myself this year. I needed new tires for the jeep, so i shelled out $600 for new all season tires for my patriot. :( i bought a complet new doinker stabilizer set up for my target compound.

and finally. i purchased myself the springfield xdm concealed carry pacakge. kit included the xdm .40, polymer belt holster, polymer belt magazine holster, hard carrying case, cleaning kit, and 3 magazines......got that for $589.99!

01boneless
01-02-2013, 09:45 AM
guess Ill just post my riding realated gifts. A neck brace,Under body roost gaurd, and 2in fat bar risers for my tall a**

madskrillz2
01-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ben300
and finally. i purchased myself the springfield xdm concealed carry pacakge. kit included the xdm .40, polymer belt holster, polymer belt magazine holster, hard carrying case, cleaning kit, and 3 magazines......got that for $589.99!

I want one of those so bad. Let me know how you like it because I plan on getting one as soon as I have the money.

ben300
01-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I want one of those so bad. Let me know how you like it because I plan on getting one as soon as I have the money.

ill definitely let you know for sure. i havent got to shoot it yet, because it just came in yesterday (dad is a dealer and everything has been on back order lately), but i definitely plan on putting some rounds through it this weekend at some point.

so far from just holding it and looking it over, i really like it. the fit and finish on it is great for a polymer framed pistol. pretty much on par with the industry standard glock. i was fully expecting the grip on it to be fat and bulky due to it being a high cap magazine pistol ( yes i actually never held one before i ordered it. i just ordered in fear they were gonna ban the high cap mags), but it actually wasnt. it was sleak and slim and seemed to fit my hand perfectly size wise (id say i have a medium sized hand). it also comes with thre interchangable grip pads to change the size and shape of the grip if you do not lke standard grip.

like i said, i havent got to shoot it yet, but just from dry firing it so far, i definitely like the trigger. its seems to be similar with maybe a little less pull than the glock, and is WAAAYYYY nicer than the M&P and M&P pro series pistols my dad has sold recently (which i think feel cheap as fack).

its also the first gun i have ever owned that has had a palm safety mechanism. and whats i think is nice, and i dont know if guns like 1911's are like this or similar because im used to my glock and my dads two beretta brigadier 96's, but you can not rack the action to reload or eject a shell, unless that safety is pressed.

all in all, so far i am happy with it and everything that came in the package. i cant wait to put some rounds through it this weekend to see how it shoots.

dxcody
01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
I personally thought the new Smith and Wesson M&P felt awesome.

I don't have much experience with handguns but it seemed like a really nice gun.

My dads friend just bought one in the 9mm.

ben300
01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by dxcody

I don't have much experience with handguns but it seemed like a really nice gun.

the M&P, the overall gun itself, is a nice gun. but the pro series's that i have handled have like this two piece, hinged trigger, and it just felt soft and cheap to me.

you wanna feel i real trigger, with super exagerated trigger pull, find a beretta model 92, ninety two, or 96. Those things are like pulling a ****ing marathon with your finger.

rcer450r
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Well I got alot of nice things (Laptop, sleeping bag, clothes, camera, and other stuff) but my big gift I got Christmas Eve in the mail. My acceptance letter in the police academy lol Start next monday

rcer450r
01-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by dxcody

I just purchased the new M&P 40 and LOVE it!

I see where the guy below is coming from with the hinge trigger but I actually like the way it feels now that I have shot it. Its like my Savage 300 short mag, it has whats called an accutrigger on it. Same concept almost accept its on the pistol. I do believe you can get the pistol without the hinged trigger, not 100% sure though. I know they make the gun with a safety and without. Not sure if thats the difference

Giz400ex
01-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by on the rocks
new socks are nice, nothing beats the way a new sock fits. lol :)

madskrillz2
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ben300
ill definitely let you know for sure. i havent got to shoot it yet, because it just came in yesterday (dad is a dealer and everything has been on back order lately), but i definitely plan on putting some rounds through it this weekend at some point.

so far from just holding it and looking it over, i really like it. the fit and finish on it is great for a polymer framed pistol. pretty much on par with the industry standard glock. i was fully expecting the grip on it to be fat and bulky due to it being a high cap magazine pistol ( yes i actually never held one before i ordered it. i just ordered in fear they were gonna ban the high cap mags), but it actually wasnt. it was sleak and slim and seemed to fit my hand perfectly size wise (id say i have a medium sized hand). it also comes with thre interchangable grip pads to change the size and shape of the grip if you do not lke standard grip.

like i said, i havent got to shoot it yet, but just from dry firing it so far, i definitely like the trigger. its seems to be similar with maybe a little less pull than the glock, and is WAAAYYYY nicer than the M&P and M&P pro series pistols my dad has sold recently (which i think feel cheap as fack).

its also the first gun i have ever owned that has had a palm safety mechanism. and whats i think is nice, and i dont know if guns like 1911's are like this or similar because im used to my glock and my dads two beretta brigadier 96's, but you can not rack the action to reload or eject a shell, unless that safety is pressed.

all in all, so far i am happy with it and everything that came in the package. i cant wait to put some rounds through it this weekend to see how it shoots.

Yeah I was always curious how the palm safety would feel when shooting. I have an older 1911 right now and really need something I can conceal and carry. Honestly though if I could have anything, it would be this
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/15/4331d04fc91a4f0d99cc65c99c6d1380/l.jpg
Badass little pistol

extremeblastr
01-05-2013, 06:47 AM
wont have it til mid march, my wife ordered my new deer rifle for christmas. tikka t3 lite woodgrain in .270 with the optilock system. unfortunately not scheduled to be delivered to my dealer until the end of this month and i ship out on the 25th for a month long training excercise in california to gear up for our upcoming deployment.