PDA

View Full Version : white brother end caps or other disc exhaust question

fourtrax400ex
12-11-2001, 04:22 PM
i recently buy a used white brother e-series full system, i want to know if some of you run it without the blank end disc, i know its very loud, but it seems to have more power without it, is it just a feeling or maybe it give more power? and do you think it can be hard on the motor to run like this?

thanks a lot

max400EX
12-11-2001, 10:17 PM
it will be fine, sparks reccomend this for closed coarse racing.

How do u like the pipe? Where did u notice the most power? Can u compare the sound to any other aftermarket pipes for the 400?

fourtrax400ex
12-12-2001, 05:25 AM
the pipe is very loud without the end caps, if you have already heard a fmf power core iv, it's a little more loud than this. without the cap it seems to have more top end and huge torque in the mid range, the headers are really bigger than the stock, so much that the headers touch the frame and the clutch lever perch (where the subframe attach on the frame) maybe there be a pipe they fit better than that or maybe the new model are ok?!?!

kc 300EX
12-12-2001, 02:34 PM
how does yur header touch your clutch perch?!?! thast on the handle bars dude! lol, you mean the cable? or where it goes into the engine case??

Anywayz, I have a WB pipe, and all the end cap is is the Spark Arrestor, so, as long as your not in any state parks or anything, youll be fine, i think it runs better w/ no flat end cap, im thinking of getting one of those turn down end caps, or a "Snuff R" end cap

fourtrax400ex
12-12-2001, 07:39 PM
it touch the cluth where it goes into the engine case, sorry for the misunderstood!!!