PDA

View Full Version : Few wheel Q's

Pittsburgh400ex
12-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Hey whats up fellas. Looking at new rubber for my 450 and want 18". Two Questions;

1. Anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a rear in a 9" rim size?

2. If i need to buy 8" wheels for the tire, are there any fitment issues with the smaller diameter? (I'm assuming there are not, but asking anyway.)

Thanks in advance "gurus" :blah:

A little trailer: Got a 4700$ company dividend check this year..there is a full restore & build in the works on this thing. Not sure yet what all it's going to entail, but will keep an updated thread with the build as it progresses for pictures and ideas for and from you guys! :) All I'm sure about right now is CP/carillo and Dasa, haha.

CJM
12-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Douglas I know makes one, as does the rocky mtn brand g-force (look pretty nice) and sti wheels among some others.

FWIW I have douglas A5 rear wheels and was not impressed. They bend pretty easy. I rather run the stock honda wheels

Tire 20x11x9 (20 high, 11 wide and 9 wheel diameter). Wheel 9x9 (9 diameter and 9 wide), 9x8 and so forth.

Pittsburgh400ex
12-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Pittsburgh400ex

1. Anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a rear in a 9" rim size?

Sorry, i guess i left this vague as hell lol. I meant manufacturer that made an 18 inch tire in a 9" rim size, i mostly see just 8" for that small a tire.

Doesn't matter now anyway, spent some time looking and found one i think i'm going to love, ordered a rear set of RAZR Ballance radials for it. They are 19"x10"x9". A bit taller than i was looking at but saves me buying wheels and i know i'm gonna love the radial feel.

Balaz_73*00
12-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Holeshots come in a 9in rim version

Pittsburgh400ex
12-22-2012, 10:34 AM
yea i was looking for 18" diameter with 9" wheel, not holdshot made that i saw. I'm good with the 19" razr i think, a new tire to try anyway. I currently have XCT's on my 300ex, bald GNCC's on my 450 and HD's on my 426 now. The Ballance look mean, compared to the holeshot SR. SR has what looks to be very close to the original holeshot pattern wich i do not like. Looks to me that Ballance = a radial holeshot GNCC, those are my current favorie tire i have owned.