PDA

View Full Version : Roll 250r value??

ZRider400
12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Random question guys...
I have the chance to pick up a roll 250r
Full roll narrow chassis with axis LT sparks motor...quad has everything best of best

Quad was built prob in 2004 ish?? Has been in storage for the last 5 years.
Needs complete tear down, check over/ service. And prob freshen motor up. Saw crack down swingarm. Shock needs rebuild

I know these were big $$$$$ to build, But is there any value now a days??

5k too much for this thing?

Ive had so many lsr quads and jrd...would love to get this, restore it and do a few races. Has been too long!

DezSled
12-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Do it. People take a look and come back & ask questions about them. Brings back memories for a lot of people....

beobe99
12-20-2012, 08:14 PM
You'll get a lot of mixed reviews on that price. Some guys pretend they're worth $1500 because a friend of there's heard someone got one for that. IMO, because it needs to be torn down / rebuilt 4k tops (if of course the frame is straight w/ no repairs). However, it's not like their a dime a dozen so if you did buy it for 5k I wouldn't think you got ripped.

Either way, we'll all hate you after the rebuild and you post pics :p

Pinned250R
12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a damn good deal to me, The chassis alone go for 4k all day on ebay, if they last all day. I'd jump on it, especially with a sparks engine too. Replacing the swingarm may be a pain (i've been wanting one for a while now too). But as far as them bringing value, they definitely do. However, buying for 5k, then rebuilding, repowdering, etc, dont expect to turn around and sell it and make money. Roll is top of the line IMO, hence i have just about all Roll components for my bike. I love it. Just my .02

bananas
12-21-2012, 05:39 AM
If you were to build it from the ground up it would cost you 15 to 20k. 5K is a great deal!!!

ZRider400
12-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Yaaaaaa thats what i was thinkin. Was tryin to talk myself out of it haha. Too many toys already

I think im gunna pick it up, ill post pics when i do :-)

suspension101
12-22-2012, 07:43 AM
I just bought one last week for way less than that. but that is a great deal like everyone is saying.

chopp124
12-23-2012, 06:31 PM
if u dont want it let me know ill give u a finders fee if i buy it but my buddy has been looking for quite a while there tough to find and if u do there tough to get people to sell em

Jonny B
12-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes-it is tougher to find a lobo chassis then any other chassis. Keep in mind lobo were very expensive new and usually built and raced by professionals. Lobo chassis are somewhat fragile with the design of the narrow front making it hard to find a chassis that is straight with no repairs. Also the year has a bit to do with value-Doug Roll continued to advance his chassis til the end making his later bikes more desired then some of the early models. Some lobos chassis sell 2k plus-but finding a nice and clean, straight updated later chassis is very hard and they can sell over 4k for chassis.

ZRider400
12-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Yah good point. I believe this one is the older style. As it has the old style subframe mounts.

norcalduner
12-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bananas
If you were to build it from the ground up it would cost you 15 to 20k. 5K is a great deal!!!

x2