PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Hetrick Racing
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
With what just happened up north I was not having much to say about Christmas.
I mean I lost my Dad on Dec.23rd 2000 and well the season was tough for me.
I cannot imagine what it is like for them.

But ya know I started thinking we all have children and even though those families are on our minds,this Christmas will somehow be a little more family than it has in the past.I think only a parent will understand that..

To everyone reading this when you either get up at 5 am even though you really dont want to,,or you have to wake your teenager because you want to open presents.
Give them a little bigger hug than before,spend just that extra moment with them ,lol even if its playin in the cardboard box that the expensive stuff came in!!
Then later sit back have a little nip and think of how lucky you are !!!Bet you smile....

Merry Christmas !!!
from all of us at
Hetrick Racing

RCR_531
12-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Will said Rich and Merry Christmas to you too.

nastynotchback1
12-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by jake55
december has been like a bad country song for us this year, my mom has been very ill and although she'll be with us for Christmas this year, the odds are not in our favor to have her with us next year. then on the 13th we lost the family dog, she was a 15 year old chocalate lab, then the next day the events up north took place.

Rich, your 100% correct, we all need to take a minute or two everyday to realize how lucky we are, with the everyday stress form our jobs and running the kids from place to place it's real easy to get caught up in the "i'm miserable" frame of mind.

after reading your post i sat back and started thinking about the kids, racing and life in general and i realized that there are still alot of great people in this country that are willing to go out of thier way to help others, it seems that a large number of these folks end up at the race track. the first race we entered jake in, i think he was only 4, as he came off the track he crashed into the trailer of the guy pitted next to us, i'm expecting this guy to go nuts, but no, he grabs some zip ties and starts stitching jakes feenders back together. i also remember our first time out with a cvt, bone stock 50 off the show room floor we go to a track and break a belt, i had never seen inside of cvt cover before let alone have a spare belt, as i'm about to tell the kid were done for the day here comes a couple of dads with tools and a belt and were back in buisness. then we start doing nationals, no way this stuff will happen here we think!!! WRONG!!!! we've all seen it over and over, guys lending out motors, parts or heck, sometimes offering up an entire quad to help get a kid out on the track.
Our kids, they have a tough way to go in this world, but for me, having them at the track, knowing they see folks helping each other when things arent going so well versus act out in senseless violence, that's priceless.
our kids learn by watching us, for the most part, our kids are learning good things while were at the races!!!!

i'm getting off the soap box now, Happy Holidays everyone.

LET'S RACE!!!!

I have been involved in a few types of racing and one of the biggest reasons we have stuck to atv racing is because of what you just said,most everyone gets along and helps each other.Now go and see how that works for you with a dirt bike LOL

edwardsp&b
12-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Well said Rich........Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!

The Kirkland family

fish-d-fish
12-22-2012, 02:27 PM
I hope the Hetrick Family has the best Christmas yet! You all have your health and do so much for numerous families to better their lives. You are so right that each day is a blessing to have those you love and you never know what tomorrow might bring. Thanks for the reminder in this special season of giving and contributing to some of the best memories in racing that we will ever have. All our best,

The Hetzers
Robbie Hetzer #24
Thank you Rich and Michelle and many others