PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean up a stock seat????

skraut
12-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Wondering what you have found that cleans up a stock red seat cover the best without damaging it. Also if you have found anything that will "condition" it as well. Thanks for the help

RUTHLESS
12-19-2012, 11:53 PM
simple green is pretty tame

u can water it down a lil at 1st if u want

to condition i have always used vinylex
the same company that makes lexol leather products
just my 2 cents

Meat
12-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Finish it off with a heavy coat of Armor All

.:devil:

audioworks04
12-20-2012, 08:36 PM
mr clean magic eraser does wonders, especially on the white print. Use plenty of water and treat with your favorite vinyl treatment.

cdrookie
12-20-2012, 10:15 PM
wesleys bleach white and a scrub brush

skraut
12-21-2012, 04:25 PM
thanks for replies, vinylex is nice stuff

hondaREX
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Ive use K&N filter cleaner. It is actually awesome stuff. A little pricey but worth it. Acts like peroxide and pulls the dirt and stains out of lots of fabrics. It is my absolute favorite for stock Honda seats. Ive used it several times on my ATC250r stock seat and its sitting on a shelf and looks amazing still. That was years ago i used it on that. Now i have a 400ex with the stock red seat and it gets really stained and dirty. I spray it with K&N cleaner after i wash and dry it and let it sit for a few seconds. Wipe off and repeat if needed. Pulls the crap right out of it.

I am a mechanic so my leather armrests in my explorer get nasty grease and dirt stains. I do the same with them. Ive had it 4 years and it still is in one piece, no cracks or burns or fading.

And simple green is always a go-to for everything.

88redrocket
12-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Spray some krud kutter on it, scrub it really good than rinse it off with a pressure washer. I did it to mine and it looks brand new