PDA

View Full Version : joe bryd hires old mec. back ????

lemondropracing
12-15-2012, 06:50 AM
joe has hired his old mechanic from his 2007 championship year? it may work because all the good pro's might do doing this new series ? just like when he won his only championship when everybody else was racing the wpsa series ! good luck cheater !!!

m_mcgranahan
12-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi,

WHat new series???

TWISTED
12-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lemondropracing
joe has hired his old mechanic from his 2007 championship year? it may work because all the good pro's might do doing this new series ? just like when he won his only championship when everybody else was racing the wpsa series ! good luck cheater !!!

SNICKER...........

TrapZ400
12-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by m_mcgranahan
Hi,

WHat new series???

SST
www.stadiumsupertrucks.com

DragonGunner
12-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Thought Joe was a 2 time champion.....always heard Joe was a whiner, but never heard of him cheating....? Why all the hate......Now Chris Borich in XC....theres a cheater.

Scro
12-15-2012, 03:27 PM
How is borich cheating?

DragonGunner
12-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Scro
How is borich cheating?

He's been caught....on tape....red handed and couldn't deal with it, lost all respect for him. When I first saw Chris his rookie yr in the pros, he soon became a favorite. He was very mature and humble. I have the tape of him cheating a couple yrs later...he was way behind in 2nd, Ballance was leading at the end of the race, last lap Chris jumped off the track an cut a HUGE section, went down a dirt road an another section and came back onto the trail...he didn't see the video guy...he came in an pumped fist like crazy like he was the greatest ever.....then Ballance came in and WHAT!!!!?? Balance aske dhow was this and Chris got all upset an started going off on Ballance, Ballance persisted Chris never passed him....then officials were told what had happened...but Chris got even defensive and wouldn't admit it, they put him back in 3rd an he stormed off acting like he had done no wrong.....no excuse for this.......I have been in races an had several guys jump HUGE section and come in before me.....once knocking me from 3rd back to 7th......I hate cheaters.

Scro
12-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Was that the one that the fans pointed him up a bad line to the right, when he was supposed to go down through the switchback?

Borich has no need to cheat. He's the fastest and smartest out there, hands down.

DragonGunner
12-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Yes thats it.....he knew what he was doing though, he had made several laps past that an once he went off the trail with no jam up he went WAY out of the way....He knew what he was doing, he knew he had gone more than 20 ft past the main line.....no excuse. He has no need to cheat now because as you said he is the fastest. But not then, back then he was tired of being number 2 to Ballance all the time.

zyoung04
12-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Anyone have info on what the rules may be for the quads? I seen in another thread that it was goin to be basically a tt setup. But what about the engine and frame? Just wondering if its gonna be a run what ya brung type deal or if their gonna have spec rules. They didn't have anything one the site for the quads or sxs unless I looked over it.

etccb
12-16-2012, 08:25 AM
That time borich was pointed up on that switchback did not go down as you descibed.

DragonGunner
12-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Got the tape....not memory. If it didn't they did a heck of a job with the video that also played on Racer TV.....officials got it all wrong? Obviously you disagree, so feel free to debate why he didn't cheat and the video and officials are wrong.....maybe I'm wrong....if I am I'll change my mind....disagreeing doesn't change my mind....

TrapZ400
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by zyoung04
Anyone have info on what the rules may be for the quads? I seen in another thread that it was goin to be basically a tt setup. But what about the engine and frame? Just wondering if its gonna be a run what ya brung type deal or if their gonna have spec rules. They didn't have anything one the site for the quads or sxs unless I looked over it.
http://stadiumsupertrucks.com/ssts/rules/rules-for-quads-side-by-sides/

etccb
12-17-2012, 06:29 AM
I agree on that day for sure that the trail Borich took was wrong and correctly handled by the officials.

etccb
12-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by zyoung04
I seen in another thread that it was goin to be basically a tt setup.

The track will probably be like the Mickey Thompson series. They won't want a bunch of dust from the high hp sliding trucks so the tracks may be heavy and tacky. MX chassis set ups with maybe a little lower then normal ride ht and more tt type rear tires. We might see some Hoosier Tri Tracs used by some that are not tied to a tire deal and even by some that are. Some riders that are tied to a tire deal may find themselves at a slight disadvantage in some sections or corners in these track conditions. It will depend on how tacky the track is. We may see some drama this year with guys running some rear tires that are not exactly part of their contract tire deals. Oh yeah, a joe byrd title again without the real top pros in attendance. Go race with the boys joe.

coryatver
12-17-2012, 04:07 PM
It says in the rules you can't run knobby tires.

Look at the award money if i was a pro i know where I would be lol

Prize Money:

$5000 to first
$1500 second
$1000 third

Championship:

$15000 First
$3500 Second
$1500 Third

etccb
12-17-2012, 04:35 PM
PRO QUADS
OEM Manufactures must be register with the series for said Manufacture to compete at Stadium Events.

Entry Fee per race event $250
Must have USAC License
Prize Money:

•$5000 to first
•$1500 second
•$1000 third
Championship:

•$15000 First
•$3500 Second
•$1500 Third
RULES
Competition rules for the Stadium Quad Series will be enforced by the United States Auto Club, the sanctioning organization of Stadium SUPER Trucks. Published rules will follow nationally recognized quad cross competition and technical specifications highly endorsed by the Original Equipment Manufacturers for production and modified racing exceptions. Rule Book will be published before Dec 1 2012 and will be subject to change prior to the season.

Production based vehicles 451cc Maximum
Tire manufactures must register with the series.

Tires TT or all terrain tire tread must be approved by SST/ USAC aprox .400 knobby / lugs height

ex kid
12-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
Yes thats it.....he knew what he was doing though, he had made several laps past that an once he went off the trail with no jam up he went WAY out of the way....He knew what he was doing, he knew he had gone more than 20 ft past the main line.....no excuse. He has no need to cheat now because as you said he is the fastest. But not then, back then he was tired of being number 2 to Ballance all the time.

where do you get off calling the 4x champ a cheater for an honest mistake he made in 2007 that he was penalized for and cost him the 2007 championchip.

your just another keyboard loser who wants to hate on the champ

etccb
12-17-2012, 04:41 PM
NOT APPROVED TREAD
(Photo of knobbie tire)

APPROVED TREAD
(Photo of misc hoosier tri tracs and tt midget tires)

Race format:
Quads and Side By Sides
Saturday am practice
Single vehicle Qualifying, those results will determine heat races.
There will be heat races during the days on Saturday, the amount of heat races will be based on entries, these are only PRO classes… from there the top 2-5 riders from heats that will advance to the main event, then there will be a LCQ that will advance the top 3 riders or drivers to the main event. ONLY the main events will be shown during the Night time public attended time from 7-10:30 pm

20 Quads Maximum in Main Event
16 Side By Sides in the Main Event

Its Mandatory that all Drivers / Riders who Qualified for the main events to attend the Drivers/Riders autograph sessions or the Rider or Driver will be either Disqualified or Required to Start the Main at the Rear of the field

DragonGunner
12-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
where do you get off calling the 4x champ a cheater for an honest mistake he made in 2007 that he was penalized for and cost him the 2007 championchip.

your just another keyboard loser who wants to hate on the champ

Where do you get off calling it a honest mistake.....I had too LOL at your last line....cracked me up....I might have to use that as my sig line.....didn't realize I had insulted your boyfriend.....LOL.

ex kid
12-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Where do you get off calling it a honest mistake.....I had too LOL at your last line....cracked me up....I might have to use that as my sig line.....didn't realize I had insulted your boyfriend.....LOL.

yes put it in your sig that will def get a rise out of everyone.

you've probably never talked to Borich in your life and its pretty ballsy labeling the guy a cheater.

do you really think a guy who is battling for a championchip would go the wrong direction in front of a camera man on purpose?

now i remember why i dont come on atvriders anymore.

DragonGunner
12-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Look ex, your bringing this upon yourself. I don't hate Borich, just lost my respect for him. He Cheated....he went 900 ft. off the track and cut a huge section of the course....so no he didn't see the camera guy or he wouldn't of. You sound like the guys who did not see the video and got butthurt because someone talked smack about their favorite rider.....then they saw the video and saw what happened......they all shut up. Theres no way a pro rider who walks the track, rides the circuit goes 900' off the track and down a section of road and doesn't know it....you get labeled a cheater........here's the official report from long ago....wish you had the video so you could see it for yourself, obviouly you NEVER have or if you have need glasses.....don't know what else to tell ya. I have seen Borich, Ballance......never talked to them....never wanted too.This is from the gncc website

Ballance was leading the race until four miles from finish, when Borich was directed by spectators to make a sudden 90-degree turn off of the race track. He missed 300 yards of the course and ended up in front of Ballance at the finish. Borich’s move was captured on tape by a GNCC official shooting video shooting for the Racer TV broadcast, who then alerted the rest of the track crew. Borich was taken back to the track to see the section he missed and was also shown the video tape. The video showed Borich was not riding through a bottle-necked or traffic jammed section of course, thus he was required to stay on the race track through that section, and course arrows clearly showed the track continued straight. The two-position penalty is consistent with the same penalty used by GNCC officials in similar situations in the past. After being told of the penalty, Borich didn’t attend the post-race podium and interview ceremony.

dxcody
12-20-2012, 03:58 AM
I also agree with EX. I think it was more spectator fualt than Borich's.

I have talked to many pro riders and yes they do walk the track but almost everyone I talk to says, "Once you get out there, and you are running that pace everything is just kind of a blurr."

The guys on the side of the track did point him up it and it was mentioned that earlier in the race their was a bottleneck there, and that was the line they all took the lap before.

HOWEVER, Ballance did take the long way around so Borich should have known, but maybe Borich did get confused.. I know when I was at the Ironman I followed hands no matter which way they pointed. I am also a rookie and that was my first race.

ANYWAYS, point being... Here is your video evidence.

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/gncc200712powerlineparkatvborichballancevideo.html

jb500ex
12-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes thats it.....he knew what he was doing though, he had made several laps past that an once he went off the trail with no jam up he went WAY out of the way....He knew what he was doing, he knew he had gone more than 20 ft past the main line.....no excuse. He has no need to cheat now because as you said he is the fastest. But not then, back then he was tired of being number 2 to Ballance all the time. i guess youre not aware that ballance had 3 wins taken away for cheating during his career and those are the times he was caught

DragonGunner
12-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by jb500ex
i guess youre not aware that ballance had 3 wins taken away for cheating during his career and those are the times he was caught

I guess your wrong....got at least one of those on tape also....Natalie and alot of others....some where just mistakes in reading the trail, Ballance once forgot to push his quad across a road....he got docked for that and lost the race even though if he had walked it across he still would of won....he really whined about that one.....I liked what ballance did in his career.....but really always seemed to like the underdogs give em a challenge...like Borich....in all fairness the OP called Joe Byrd a cheater, I took it kinda joking, and my remark was the same about Borich....no smiley faces on this forum and some of you guys got your panties in a twist so I just went with it......looks like the twisting is still going on.....ha.

etccb
12-24-2012, 09:19 AM
I believe borich thought he was closer to the end of the switchback. Maybe within the legal limit.

jb500ex
12-24-2012, 11:47 PM
I guess your wrong....got at least one of those on tape also....Natalie and alot of others....some where just mistakes in reading the trail, Ballance once forgot to push his quad across a road....he got docked for that and lost the race even though if he had walked it across he still would of won....he really whined about that one.....I liked what ballance did in his career.....but really always seemed to like the underdogs give em a challenge...like Borich....in all fairness the OP called Joe Byrd a cheater, I took it kinda joking, and my remark was the same about Borich....no smiley faces on this forum and some of you guys got your panties in a twist so I just went with it......looks like the twisting is still going on.....ha. funny because Ballance passed matt smiley who was pushing his quad and Ballance rode right by him.

dxcody
12-27-2012, 12:12 AM
http://www.quadtvonline.com/home/2012/12/26/quad-radio-live-2-time-ama-pro-atv-mx-champ-7-joe-byrd-12-26-12/