PDA

View Full Version : airport security question.

buck440
12-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Monday i'll be heading home for Christmas and all I was going to bring is my assault pack with a change of cloths and some electronics onboard the plane. where I am wondering if there will be a problem is that I've carried soo much ammo, smoke, 40mm, ammo police calls ect in and around that bag that I was wondering if it would set any of the bomb detecting machines off lol.

it's a pretty simple bag that is easy to check and I can show my gov id and I wouldn't think it would be a big deal but wanted your opinion.

Langbolt
12-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Those detectors are really sensitive and will definitely pick up the powder smell or any traces of ammo.....I had a friend at work that went for an X-ray in the morning....they injected that radioactive dye in his blood for the procedure....that afternoon he thought he could take the wife across the border to do some shopping!!! BIG MISTAKE.....The Armed guards stopped his vehicle and had him face down on the pavement in seconds after him driving past the scanner!....But since you're a Soldier....they may understand and respect what you're doing for your country and let you pass.

Have a Merry Christmas

:D

ben300
12-14-2012, 11:03 AM
when i saw the thread title and i saw your name next to it as the author.....i didnt know what to think lol

i HIGHLY doubt they'll let you take live ammo rounds on a plane in a carry one...just get a back adn have it checked. then they wont give you any problems at all

ZeroLogic
12-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Don't be that pvt to show up in a airport with a assault pack strapped to your back. Please don't.:ermm:

Scro
12-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Thought it was kind of ironic to see this thread after reading this news.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/tsa-detains-sick-girl-on-grounds-tested-positive-for-bomb-residue/?test=latestnews

buck440
12-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Thought it was kind of ironic to see this thread after reading this news.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/tsa-detains-sick-girl-on-grounds-tested-positive-for-bomb-residue/?test=latestnews

ben300 i'm not taking ammo lol.

the airport in the story is the same one i'm going to:( i was trying to save money and use what was available but i guess i'll go out and buy a bag.

Baracudaaa
12-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Best thing to do is call airport security at both airports you will go through, and have them give you the run down on traveling with a weapon. Do not travel with live rounds, ever, you will get arrested.
I was held in security for 8 hours about 15 years ago for traveling with a weapon, even though the case was locked and labeled 'weapon', and checked as baggage. It turned out that the rules were different between the 2 airports, and the airport I landed in paraded me around with 10 guards like I was Bin Ladden!