PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake block off ?

DirtDiggler
03-12-2003, 08:16 PM
I ordered a parking brake block off from Hardkor engineering today as well as a thumb throttle cover and brake cylinder cover all red anodized. My question is what do I have to do to install the parking brake block off? Do I just screw the adjuster all the way off and take off the cable and adjuster?

Thanx in advance for any info.
Diggler

toby400ex
03-12-2003, 08:18 PM
yep, just unbolt the parking brake crap then pull out the cable from the frame and bolt up the block off. Its a simple and inexpensive mod, and it makes your caliper look neato
:D

JOEX
03-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Don't worry about the adjuster, just remove the two bolts on either side of it. Unhook the cable at the lever and remove everything in one piece:)
If you really want to get fancy, replace the lever and perch with an EZ-pull lever;)

Joe

dingo
03-12-2003, 10:26 PM
I put some sealent on the brake block off before I screwed it on as well

DirtDiggler
03-13-2003, 02:14 PM
I put some sealent on the brake block off before I screwed it on as well

What did you use?
Did you just put it on the back of the block off and bolt it up?

Thanx guys, Diggler

OutlawEX
03-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Don't worry about the adjuster, just remove the two bolts on either side of it. Unhook the cable at the lever and remove everything in one piece:)
If you really want to get fancy, replace the lever and perch with an EZ-pull lever;)

Joe

flying400ex
03-13-2003, 06:03 PM
ITs much easier to just teake the whole pakring brake and stock clutch lever assembly huke of crAP off and put on a ez pull lever. I got a nacs block off anadized red, it looks good so does the PEP e-z pull just make sure you put the slot on the E-Z pull cable adjuster facing out or it will fray clutch cables.

DirtDiggler
03-13-2003, 06:10 PM
I'm going to stick with the stock clutch lever for now since I'm saving for tires I'm hoping to get at the end of next month.

dingo
03-13-2003, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DirtDiggler
[B]What did you use?
Did you just put it on the back of the block off and bolt it up?

I just put some clear rtv silicone on the back of the block off and bolt it up

QuadTrix6
03-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by DirtDiggler
I'm going to stick with the stock clutch lever for now since I'm saving for tires I'm hoping to get at the end of next month.

i would throw a zip tie on it or its gonna be flopping around :D

muff
03-14-2003, 08:15 AM
you can get a perch and lever for $12 at your dealer, just buy one of the combined packs

I didnt seal my block off but mine has an o-ring inside it, even if it didnt the chance of water getting in there is soo small

DirtDiggler
03-14-2003, 09:32 AM
I'm going to look into a perch and lever when the stuff from Hardkor gets here. Why will the stocker rattle around? The clutch cable alone isn't enough to hold it in place?

400MXer
03-14-2003, 11:09 AM
he's talking about the piece that you swing and lock to set the parking brake. that will rattle.

I picked up a Magnum perch and lever for like $16. And i think you can get a CR perch and lever for really cheap too. and they work just as well.

DirtDiggler
03-14-2003, 12:02 PM
OH alright I get it now. Thanks a lot for the info guys. I think I will get a perch and lever when the other stuff gets here.

chad400ex
03-15-2003, 11:09 AM
The PEP EZ-Pull is just a stock CR-250 lever with a bit of dremel/drill work done on it. So get a CR-250 perch/lever and if you want to get "fancy" you can modify to be an EZ-Pull lever later on down the road. Just look at the bottom of one sometime and you'll understand what I'm saying. If there is confusion, email me at chad@nwquadriders.com and I'll send a picture of the PEP lever. Don't reply to this, because I'm not on this site very often. My PEP lever is my spare now, since I'm running an FMF 909 lever (easy adjust, and better quality...more $$$$ though).