PDA

View Full Version : handlebars

JACK STRAW
12-08-2012, 09:28 AM
'05 400
is there enough slack in things to put 2" risers under the bars. if not is there anybody that makes a bar that is about 2" high just thru the bending of the pipe?
thanks

NacsMXer
12-08-2012, 10:42 AM
The stock bars are pretty high as it is, since it's an ATV. I don't think the stock front brake line or throttle cable/clutch cable will handle the 2 inch rise. I just put a set of Rox Elite pivot risers on mine and it was a stretch even with my extended braided SS front brake line, extended throttle cable, and extended custom clutch cable. The stock wire harness to my kill switch box did reach after rerouting it in front of the stem instead of behind it.

The specs for the Renthal 400EX bend bar, which is very close to stock are:

790mm wide (31.1 inches)

142mm high (5.59 inches)

105mm rise (4.13 inches)

120mm clamp area

98mm sweep (3.85 inches)

220mm control length

Remember, Height is the overall height from the bar clamp area to the highest point on the end of the bars. Rise is the height from the bar clamp area to where the bar starts going flat horizontal at the controls area (the part of the bar that goes up basically). A lot of people get those two confused.

You might want to check out the Tusk T-10 Aluminum 7/8" Handlebar in these bends. These have some of the highest heights i've seen:

ATV Sport Bend
31.75" wide 6.25" high 3.50" sweep

Raptor Bend
31.50" wide 6.25" high 4.00" sweep

I also have a mint set of Rox Elite (accepts 7/8 or 1 1/8 bars) offset block risers for sale that will raise your bars by 1.25 inches and are reversible if you are interested. I bought both the Rox offset and pivot risers at the same time, so I no longer need the offset risers.