PDA

View Full Version : call of duty what

etccb
12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Open forum question. Totally non atv but I am a atv guy and here I am. My son has MW2 for PS3 and is wanting a new/different one for christmas. I didn't really want to add another 60.00 to the mountian under the tree so rate them for me. 1-6 or whatever they are. Best ones, ones to pass on etc. He didn't request the new one justs wants another. He already had the first 1 or 2 on ps2 years back but has not got any of the M rated until recently.
Help a game stop bound daddy out boys.

TacicalRedneck
12-07-2012, 04:04 PM
buy him a welder or a shotgun ;)

he'll be even happier

idk about the game question someone else will have to answer that :D

ben300
12-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by etccb
Open forum question. Totally non atv but I am a atv guy and here I am. My son has MW2 for PS3 and is wanting a new/different one for christmas. I didn't really want to add another 60.00 to the mountian under the tree so rate them for me. 1-6 or whatever they are. Best ones, ones to pass on etc. He didn't request the new one justs wants another. He already had the first 1 or 2 on ps2 years back but has not got any of the M rated until recently.
Help a game stop bound daddy out boys.

Buy it used. They just recently some their billionth copy, so you could probably pick it up $35-$40 at Game Stop or a place along those lines.

K-Dub
12-07-2012, 05:16 PM
It kinda of depends on what he plays. If he plays online he really needs the newest, which is Call of Duty Black ops II. If he plays offline COD Black Ops or COD Modern Warfare 3 will work great and you should get both for under $40 at game stop. Which ever you buy get the one year replacement warranty on them, it is like $3 and you never know when something freak is gonna happen.
This is the order in which they where released. COD, COD2,COD3, COD4 Modern Warfare (2007), COD World at War (2008), COD MW2 (2009), COD Black Ops (2010), COD MW3 (2011), COD Black Ops II (2012).

Hope this helps.

etccb
12-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the input guys. He does play online the psn and I was surprised how many play online with the mw2 still. The room fills up instantly.
Which one of the mw3 or black opps has the best normal game non online play?

OldGuyonaQuad
12-08-2012, 08:06 AM
I play PC games and they are all steam based games that require connection and for steam to be up to play the campaign and zombie modes. This is one of my pet peeves about the series. I don't like the xbox controllers and the lobby but I didn't know they had an offline mode for the consoles. Is that true? Either way I seriously doubt you will be lucky enough to find a used version of BO2 until a couple of months after xmas.

mineralgrey01gt
12-08-2012, 11:03 AM
black ops 2 is a joke. Trust me you will hear him getting aggravated very easily with it. The lag is ridiculous and I have an extremely good internet connection. I say get mw3 as its still really good online.

Stickman400
12-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd have to say MW2 was the last of the good CoDs.

BO1 wasn't bad online but it wasn't anything to brag about either, zombies was pretty fun, I wasted hours upon hours in the zombies with friends, and the campaign wasn't too bad.

MW3 was just terrible all around. Story wasn't bad but it's almost like watching a movie anymore because you know whats going to happen, the Spec Ops mode is just a pathetic excuse for a game mode because they were trying to copy zombies, and the multiplayer has stupid small maps and the lag is as bad as any other and it's just boring imo.

BO2 is just about as bad as MW3, they completely re-did the zombies and ruined it imho, the maps are too small to defend on or run a "train" on if you guys ever did that, and the tranzit mode is fun but you get overun really quickly. I haven't finished the campaign yet but so far it isn't bad. And as for the multiplayer, I agree with mineralgrey01gt, it is HORRIBLE. I can't stand to play more than 5 mathces before I completely loose it and want to kill the people who made it. The lag is just stupid and getting really old. I can barely stand to play it enough to get to first prestige for the achievement.

I'd honestly consider getting him Battlefield 3 if he likes tank warfare along with his guns. Aswell as jets, helos and everything else. It lags slightly, but not nearly as bad as CoD. The leveling system is much better than CoD and the maps are HUGE compared to even the biggest map on any of the CoDs. tha campaign is pretty good but the Co-op is just more missions that kinda relate to the campaign that you can play with a friend, but they are still fun.

Idk, that's the way I feel about all of them. I don't think he will be dissapointed in the least if you got him BF3, and you should be able to get it fairly cheap since it's been out for over a year now.

KXRida
12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Just picked up a used mw3 on eBay for $20. I wasn't impressed with blops 2. For online play I still think mw3 is the best.

madskrillz2
12-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Ever since they incorporated the lag compensation the online play has gone downhill. If they ever get rid of that the games will be great again. Most all of the offline campaign modes are basically interactive movies. There's really nothing fun about the campaigns IMO. Most people buy COD for the zombies or multiplayer. I feel like the newest one (Black Ops 2) can be one of the best ever once they get all of the issues resolved. I would buy the newest one just because there's a lot of new stuff that keeps you from getting bored.

rcer450r
12-11-2012, 08:13 AM
I have played all of them except for the new Black Ops II, and personally I love MW3. Its an awesome online and offline game. Love it

Tommy Warren
12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by rcer450r
I have played all of them except for the new Black Ops II, and personally I love MW3. Its an awesome online and offline game. Love it

I agree. Black ops2 is just broken... it seems like a beta version. mw3 is the first game where I stayed interested enough to get to 15th presige. but I also enjoy zombies and the b02 zombies is just stupid. black ops zombies was the best...especially on accension. i got to round 104 by myself.....

Tommy Warren
12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
and anybody having trouble with the lag in bo2 should check this out to fix it....<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9sTbiVMnDdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

madskrillz2
12-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
and anybody having trouble with the lag in bo2 should check this out to fix it....<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9sTbiVMnDdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That helps with actual lag sometimes but it still does nothing for the lag compensation.

Tommy Warren
12-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
That helps with actual lag sometimes but it still does nothing for the lag compensation.

it helps to find a better lobby with a more reliable host.

marinenyc
12-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Tha cod franchise sucks!!! Battlefield 3 FTW!!

madskrillz2
12-13-2012, 12:20 AM
it helps to find a better lobby with a more reliable host.

Yeah which is why you don't get actual lag as much. I was just saying there's really nothing you can do about the lag compensation.

rcer450r
12-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I agree. Black ops2 is just broken... it seems like a beta version. mw3 is the first game where I stayed interested enough to get to 15th presige. but I also enjoy zombies and the b02 zombies is just stupid. black ops zombies was the best...especially on accension. i got to round 104 by myself.....

I just played the Black Ops II last night and I agree, not nearly as good as the modern warfares IMO. I am a big fan of the Zombies (very much agree with ascension!!) but the zombies on BOII just plain sucks

Tommy Warren
12-13-2012, 04:42 PM
I just played the Black Ops II last night and I agree, not nearly as good as the modern warfares IMO. I am a big fan of the Zombies (very much agree with ascension!!) but the zombies on BOII just plain sucks

I hear ya... the concept of going town to town is great! the bus stop is too small. the farm gives you no room to move around and what the hell is with all is with the open lava pits everywhere? Thats what ruins it for me......

rcer450r
12-14-2012, 12:28 PM
I hear ya... the concept of going town to town is great! the bus stop is too small. the farm gives you no room to move around and what the hell is with all is with the open lava pits everywhere? Thats what ruins it for me......

Agreed! I love the old maps where you had to unlock different passages to new rooms. There is only one or two doors you get to unlock on these levels... I like the idea also of the rural setting but it needs a bit more thought

Tommy Warren
12-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Agreed! I love the old maps where you had to unlock different passages to new rooms. There is only one or two doors you get to unlock on these levels... I like the idea also of the rural setting but it needs a bit more thought

It seems like they rushed to get the game done on time and realized zombies was too easy....so they crammed a bunch of lava into it. and pack-a-punch is a ***** to open...and you have to open it every time

rcer450r
12-18-2012, 01:03 PM
It seems like they rushed to get the game done on time and realized zombies was too easy....so they crammed a bunch of lava into it. and pack-a-punch is a ***** to open...and you have to open it every time

I think you are right. They just threw it all together real quick in hopes people woud like it...

Tommy Warren
12-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I think you are right. They just threw it all together real quick in hopes people woud like it...

they knew people would buy it...they just had to have it there for them. was it 6,000,000 copies the first 2 days? and now i have to download an update every time I play so they can slowly finish it

rcer450r
12-19-2012, 06:23 AM
they knew people would buy it...they just had to have it there for them. was it 6,000,000 copies the first 2 days? and now i have to download an update every time I play so they can slowly finish it

Yup, its pretty sad I know....

Tommy Warren
12-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Yup, its pretty sad I know....
every year I talk about throwing the game out and going back to the last one that I have already played for a year. this Time I actually did it. I threw out all 3 copies! (xbox,pc,ps3) and went back to MW3. I've never been happier.

Aarons 01 400EX
12-20-2012, 07:00 AM
I have all of the COD series. I also have Battlefield 2 & 3, along with several of the Medal of Honor games. The single player is pretty much the same for all of them. But some have better quality sound/visuals. BF2&3 seem to top the list in both of these departments. Black Ops 2 is the first one that i have just exclusively played the MP. I started the campaign and you spend more time watching the cut scenes then you do actually playing. I tried playing BF3 online, but didn't care for it. I might have to go revisit it and try again.

Pricing: You can find the newest one for $39.99 brand new. Just wait and you will see a sale either at walmart,kmart,bestbuy, or amazon. I refuse to buy anything from Gamestop.

mineralgrey01gt
12-20-2012, 10:02 AM
I sold my used copy for $40. MIght as well sell them while you can still get money for them.

Tommy Warren
12-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
I have all of the COD series. I also have Battlefield 2 & 3, along with several of the Medal of Honor games. The single player is pretty much the same for all of them. But some have better quality sound/visuals. BF2&3 seem to top the list in both of these departments. Black Ops 2 is the first one that i have just exclusively played the MP. I started the campaign and you spend more time watching the cut scenes then you do actually playing. I tried playing BF3 online, but didn't care for it. I might have to go revisit it and try again.

Pricing: You can find the newest one for $39.99 brand new. Just wait and you will see a sale either at walmart,kmart,bestbuy, or amazon. I refuse to buy anything from Gamestop.

in battlefield people where complaining about it taking so long to get to the war zone....so they supposedly made every vehicle on the maps drivable. I don't like the game enough to try it out but its a neat concept if they did.

muddy400EX
12-22-2012, 09:40 PM
every year I talk about throwing the game out and going back to the last one that I have already played for a year. this Time I actually did it. I threw out all 3 copies! (xbox,pc,ps3) and went back to MW3. I've never been happier.

every call of duty i tell myself "I AM NEVER BUYING A COD AGAIN!" and then when a new one comes out, i say "ah ill give it a try" and within a month i hate it as much as i did the last one

i actually have not bought bo2, ive played it, borrowed it from my cousin. and im sooo glad i did not buy it

**** call of duty!

Stickman400
12-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
every call of duty i tell myself "I AM NEVER BUYING A COD AGAIN!" and then when a new one comes out, i say "ah ill give it a try" and within a month i hate it as much as i did the last one

i actually have not bought bo2, ive played it, borrowed it from my cousin. and im sooo glad i did not buy it

**** call of duty! Lol, that sounds just like me.