PDA

View Full Version : I have a weird question...

dxcody
12-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Ok, so my (now) Brother in law, proposed to my sister tonight.

I don't know if you are supposed to get gifts for engagements, but i googled it and it was actually in the scroll list so I am guessing it is OK to.

My Brother in law raced the past few years and now he has kinda settled down and decided to do the family thing.. Bought a house, got engaged etc etc..

But anyways what I was thinking was, Do you guys think it would be a good idea to get him a plaque made, like one you would get for winning a race or whatever, that said congrats or do you think that is dumb?

Any opinions welcome, I mean if you think it is dumb I wouldn't take offence to it.. Just wondering!

cloudpump
12-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Plaque that is geared to both of them? Mr and Mrs. kinda deal.

dxcody
12-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Yeah have something like that!

fastredrider44
12-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Plaque may not be the right word. Maybe a decorative sign. I make those all the time for people that will say something like Mr & Mrs. Smith, Est. 2012. As far as the engagement thing goes though, I would hold off on the gift til the wedding day, that way you can kill two birds with one stone. A simple congrats will do for now, you can gift later.

yellowzo3
12-06-2012, 10:04 AM
I'd hold off on a gift for now but you could definitely take everyone out to a nice dinner to celebrate

Scro
12-06-2012, 11:51 AM
I know of too many failed engagements. Wait until the wedding day.

ben300
12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
A simple hand shake and a congrats would do for right now. try to support them best as possible as a couple and then when the time comes, post wedding/or wedding day, then it would be best to give them something that they can equally enjoy or laugh at or like

rcer450r
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I know of too many failed engagements. Wait until the wedding day.

I agree with his thinking lol

dxcody
12-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Alright I will hold off for now!

My buddies wedding is coming up in May.. So he is going to get some type of gift.. Guess I will try it out on him LOL