PDA

View Full Version : Badlands????

R1derboy
03-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Whos been to the badlands in Attica IN? I have been thinking about goin there for a weekend lately. Its not too far from here, but i'd just like to see what everone whos been there thought of it. Worth it or no? If so is it worth going for two days as opposed to just one? If not where else thats within about 6 hrs of chicago is worth goin for a weekend? Thanks for the help.

zfire_28
03-13-2003, 08:40 AM
I love the place. lots of fun!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Crawl69
03-13-2003, 02:56 PM
It's always a good time at the badlands, you could also go to haspin acres. it's a longer drive, but a lot of fun.

R1derboy
03-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Which is better? Haspin or Badlands?

Crawl69
03-13-2003, 07:30 PM
I'd go to the badlands

R1derboy
03-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks. I should be making a trip out there pretty soon. Within the next few weeks if im lucky. Anything extra i should bring, or any suggestions?

Crawl69
03-13-2003, 07:34 PM
there is going to be an exriders group ride down there sometime soon. i cant remember where te thread is though

R1derboy
03-13-2003, 07:39 PM
If you find it let me know. I will try to get down there for the ride. It would be cool to see some new faces.

OakleyAe48
03-20-2003, 02:34 PM
The Badlands is Awesome! I've been there a few times with my friend and his wife.... it rocks! Tons of fun... Dunes, Woods, all you want! I should be goin there not this Saturday but the next one! I should have my 400EX this Saturday and then I'm gonna ride it all week cause its Spring Break and then go to Attica ( the badlands ) next Saturday!! I can't wait!! I'll be there with my friend on his Banshee and his wife on her Warrior and they're kid on either his LT80 or Raptor80 whichever my friend buys him tomorrow! Let me know when you're goin... we could ride together or sumtin!

R1derboy
03-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Im going to try to make it out there as soon as possible. I will keep you posted about being there on next saturday. It sounds like its well worth going there. Thanks again guys.

nuttynewt
04-07-2003, 07:34 AM
I like Haspin better. Badlands is fun, but climbing those sand hills is only fun for so long, and we covered all their trails in a few hours. I liked it, but I like Haspin a lot better. They have a motocross track, supercross style track, and about 2.3 gazillion miles of trails.

www.motocrosspark.com

brif
04-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by R1derboy
Whos been to the badlands in Attica IN? I have been thinking about goin there for a weekend lately. Its not too far from here, but i'd just like to see what everone whos been there thought of it. Worth it or no? If so is it worth going for two days as opposed to just one? If not where else thats within about 6 hrs of chicago is worth goin for a weekend? Thanks for the help. Silverlake sand dunes in Mears, Michigan. My buddies and I go up there to ride the dunes. It has about 450 acres open for motorsports. You must have a flag, a sparkarrested pipe that meets a 94db sound restriction. Its a great weekend trip if you don't mind riding in the dunes!!!!:)

250EXstud
04-21-2003, 10:36 AM
I go to both pretty often. I love them both and i would have to day they are about =. They both are a blast.

pairanutz
04-22-2003, 06:58 AM
go to badlands it has lots of different terain to ride on sand dirt mud rocks open riding or tight trails and creeks plus the campground is rite outside the gate if you need directions pm

marksuttonjr
05-02-2003, 03:24 AM
I haven't been to the Badlands yet, but am planning a trip there this summer. I've been told that it is a lot better thrue the week because weekends are over crowded. Butwhat riding park isn't like that?????

I didn't like Haspin when i was there because it was the muddiest nastiest park I had ever ridden at, but a lot of people like riding there, and it would have been ok if everything including the rewstrooms and shower house had a 6" coat of mud. I can't believe that they let the rest rooms and shower house get as nasty as they were when I was there. I can live with the trails being pure mud, but not the rest rooms and shower house.

There is also the ABATE park in Lawrence county Indiana. I live about 30 min from it, and wouldn't waste my time going there to ride again. There are NO hill, and I rode all of the trails including the dirt bike only trils in 3 1/2 hours. I might go back there this summer for the ABATE rally, but will NOT waste my time going there to ride.

Have you ever been to Turkey Bay LBL?? It's a lott biger than the Badlands and Haspin combined, and there are enough trails that it won't get crowded. It would be quite a bit longer drive if you are close to Atica, but cheaper to ride $15 for 3 days instead of 1 like every other park I have mentioned. You can either camp in the riding park, or drive to the horse camp and ret a cabin to stay in.