PDA

View Full Version : Dc Lt A Arms

05grizz
12-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know how much travel the dc a arms have on a drr. Im trying to choose between dc and atv four play.

fomospede
12-05-2012, 07:02 PM
call him
directly

sparkee4
02-09-2013, 11:59 AM
I have some dc long travel arms and shocks for sell or trade for Standerd travel. 785-806-4090

8secnotch
02-12-2013, 06:06 PM
If I'm not wrong the JB have the best travel.

nastynotchback1
02-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by 8secnotch
If I'm not wrong the JB have the best travel.

You might be right but 85% of the quads you will see have DC on them.

8secnotch
02-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Why is that? The JB arms are cheaper then the DC arms and from what can see there pretty close to the same arms but different ball joints. The only thing I can see and know is that the ride height is a little lower with the DC arms and that they take a shorter shock but cost about 250 dollars more. Either way you can't go wrong they both do the job well. But I have been building mini a arms and testing diferent types to get the best handling arms for about a year now. I'm working on a set right now that are a 1/2'' wider then all the others on the market with LTR spindles and a steering stem that is like no other on the market. I'm almost done with the fab part, as soon as I get them completed I'll let you know how they work.

nastynotchback1
02-15-2013, 05:58 AM
One reason may be that the DC arms seem to give you the best turning radius of all a arms and like you said the ride height.I run ATV 4 play arms and we like them.

T@AFP
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 8secnotch
Why is that? The JB arms are cheaper then the DC arms and from what can see there pretty close to the same arms but different ball joints. The only thing I can see and know is that the ride height is a little lower with the DC arms and that they take a shorter shock but cost about 250 dollars more. Either way you can't go wrong they both do the job well. But I have been building mini a arms and testing diferent types to get the best handling arms for about a year now. I'm working on a set right now that are a 1/2'' wider then all the others on the market with LTR spindles and a steering stem that is like no other on the market. I'm almost done with the fab part, as soon as I get them completed I'll let you know how they work.

We built a few sets using the LTR components. They worked much better than stock spindles. But you'll soon notice, due to the short upper A arm vs the lower. There won't be as muh camber gain through the travel like on a full size bike. Plus there are some clearance issues.
You'll also see that the availability of the LTR components are becoming harder to find. When you do.....they're expensive.
We thought it wasn't worth offering to the public. Especially, when you have to add $350.00-$450 for the LTR components to your cost of arms.
We just bought a used set today for another project and spent $450.00 a set....

One more thing to keep in mind. More travvel on a mini is not a good thing. We acheive about 9.25" on our LT DRR set up, depending on what shock is used. We only want 10.5 on a big quad.
I wouldn't want my kids suspension dropping down any further than that. In hopes he doesn't clip the front tires on the face of a jump. But everyones has their opinion.

8secnotch
02-15-2013, 05:02 PM
I built a set of lt arm with 04-05 Honda 450 spindles, hubs and brakes with 15 1/4'' Fox float X's and they seem to be the best handling arms I built so far. I bought a set of LTR spindles a while back when I was racing my 450R and switched over my front end to the LTR type and had a extra set offered to me cheap so I scooped them up. So I thought what the heck lets give this a try. This time I'm using the LTR spindles, hubs, brakes and motowoz 15 1/2'' shocks I believe not positive yet and I'm going to mount the upper arms a little different.

#404's Dad
02-19-2013, 12:04 PM
I also built my own A Arms and Swinger last year using 450R spindles and the brakes front and rear, measured it up ordered the shocks custom, quad handled awesome!! Less than an inch of bump steer throughout the entire travel and was 49.5 inches wide.

Anything is possible, ya just have to apply yourself AND care about what you are doing!!