PDA

View Full Version : for all you slackers like me(polished cases pics)

ny300exrider
03-12-2003, 05:35 PM
for all of you that are slackers about polishing and dont wanna use compunds and all that,this is what i did.i was bored so i tryed it..i know its not great or anything and i could have made it better with compunds and all that.i sanded it down for a lonnnnng time up to 600 grit because i have nothing hihger then used mothers biullet on a dremel for an hour or so..i only did the flat part so far but its coming ok..the pics dont show it as good but what the heck lol...dont diss on it too much lol

ny300exrider
03-12-2003, 05:37 PM
another,,,,looks better in person

ny300exrider
03-12-2003, 05:38 PM
last one,the quad is in "recession" so it will be cleaned dont worry lol..im taking any bolts i can and greasing them ect.cleaning up all that,few new parts while im at it too

Pvt. Maggot
03-12-2003, 06:06 PM
very nice good job.

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Two things you should consider doing...washing the quad, and try taking the part off to polish it :huh

ZRider400
03-12-2003, 06:09 PM
ya...looks good.but PLEASE WASH YOUR QUAD. i feel sorry for it, i will send u some simple green in the mail, then all ug otta do is spray it on....then wash off:)

ny300exrider
03-12-2003, 06:12 PM
ok....:huh who said i didnt take the part off?i just put it back on to see what it looks like.and like i said before,ill be washing the quad this weekend when it warms up.sorry if its not clean enough for you:rolleyes:

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-12-2003, 06:13 PM
It looks like you polished it on the quad...if you did take it off why didn't you do the whole sidecover?

ny300exrider
03-12-2003, 06:15 PM
its all good,i didnt put too much time into it.im gonna redo it once i get more stuff.it was off the quad

ny300exrider
03-12-2003, 06:17 PM
i didnt polish the whole thing because i didnt have enough time and i wanted to see if it would come out ok.

quadrcr87
03-12-2003, 06:24 PM
you should take your nerf bars off and paint the the mounting piece red i noticed it was rusty

ny300exrider
03-12-2003, 06:28 PM
i am painting them red and clearcoating them

quadrcr87
03-12-2003, 07:14 PM
have you polished the easy stuff like throttle cover and brake fluid cover? you should polish the nerfs while you have them off

NoWingNoPrayer
03-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Hey man your doing Good!!!!

first off forget the sandpaper! Use Ascetone! kinda like nail polish remover and steel whool... it will work exelent on somthing that is already smooth like a case.

second rub the whole thing down with mothers about 6 times and it will look great!

HiperEX
03-12-2003, 07:42 PM
i want to do that to my 300 to but if i take that side case off do i have to drain the oil? or is anything goin to fly out or sumthin that i should be aware of?

BigThumper33
03-12-2003, 07:58 PM
Is that an Aladdin pillow case? :huh

:devil

ny300exrider
03-13-2003, 05:02 AM
yeuppppp it is...it was mine when i was like 4.a rag now.i have to get some of that stripper stuff soon...thanks for the compliments.i have done all the little stuff already to.nerfs are next

QuadTrix6
03-13-2003, 11:14 AM
looking good bro:cool:

KrazyKid300ex
03-13-2003, 01:00 PM
looking good eric:bandit:

OutlawEX
03-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Two things you should consider doing...washing the quad, and try taking the part off to polish it :huh

ZRider400
03-13-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7

i agree!:blah

03-13-2003, 04:49 PM
i was wondering if i took my side cases off on my 300 would i have to buy new gaskets and do u have to toruqe the cases? i would like to know this stuff before i get myself into something i can't get out of. And if i take the engine mounts off and polish them do they need to be tourqed to a certian pundage??? cuz i don't have a torque wrench and i would not like to have to buy one.

03-13-2003, 04:50 PM
:huh ...you used a dremel for that....and mothers billet..it should have turned out a lot beter than that..what atytachments did you use for the dremel

ny300exrider
03-13-2003, 05:05 PM
the pictures dont show how it looks.i used the polish wheel attachment:huh .and like i said before,i will be cleaning the quad!i did more of it today.....keep bashing.i like seeing people tell me i need to clean my quad when i already explained it.im just trying to show people my case.not how dirty it is
:rolleyes: and what should i do lrdrider to make it better:ermm:

HiperEX
03-13-2003, 08:30 PM
once again , caus i dont think anyone seen this on the first page i just polished my side cases just like you did but i did a lill more on that side you have in the picture and i also did the other side turned out really nice for me just need to get a dremel adn get in teh small spots the other other end and THE THING I WAS GOIN TO ASK IS IF I TOOK THE SIDE CASES OFF WILL I HAVE TO DRAIN THE OIL? WILL AND THING COME OF AS I DO THIS? OR DO I JUST TAKE THE BOLTS OUT AND TAKE THE COVER OFF OR WHAT I WANT TO DO THE WHOLE CASES SO I WANT TO GET THIS STRAIGHT ALRIGHT. Thanks HIPER

Chef
03-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by HiperEX
once again , caus i dont think anyone seen this on the first page i just polished my side cases just like you did but i did a lill more on that side you have in the picture and i also did the other side turned out really nice for me just need to get a dremel adn get in teh small spots the other other end and THE THING I WAS GOIN TO ASK IS IF I TOOK THE SIDE CASES OFF WILL I HAVE TO DRAIN THE OIL? WILL AND THING COME OF AS I DO THIS? OR DO I JUST TAKE THE BOLTS OUT AND TAKE THE COVER OFF OR WHAT I WANT TO DO THE WHOLE CASES SO I WANT TO GET THIS STRAIGHT ALRIGHT. Thanks HIPER

Yes, you need to drain your oil. On the stator side, (shifter side) the stator is bolted onto the side case, just 3 little bolts. And yes, you need new gaskets.

03-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
the pictures dont show how it looks.i used the polish wheel attachment:huh .and like i said before,i will be cleaning the quad!i did more of it today.....keep bashing.i like seeing people tell me i need to clean my quad when i already explained it.im just trying to show people my case.not how dirty it is
:rolleyes: and what should i do lrdrider to make it better:ermm:

obvioulsy you used a polishing attachment...wich one..the small one..the large one..or the sewn larde one...im just suprised that it turned out that dull..i wasnt flaming....and your camera must be realy bad if it takes away the mirrorness of it...i can see it making it blurry..but your pic isnt blurry..i was just wondering...

P.S..wash your quad:D

ny300exrider
03-14-2003, 10:36 AM
well like i said i know its not great and it can be better.the camera is awsome,its the flash that throws it off alittle.im not saying its a complete mirror.i used the biggest polish tool that comes with it.not the little one but not the hugge one that u have to buy.i plan on doing it better but for now i think its better than before.i am washing the quad after riding this weekend because its gonna be muddy anyway...do you guys ever wait until after riding to clean because it saves alot of work lol.just messing wit ya

honda400exrider
03-14-2003, 10:59 AM
ERIC WASH YOUR G D QUAD OFF!!! :devil :devil :devil lol no jk... looks good for now, but once u perfect it, yer getting your *** over here and doing mine:devil !! haha

EHSRACING
03-14-2003, 02:37 PM
i did the side case on my dirt bike what i did was take automotive paint stripper and load it up and man it toke the paint off in no time then i only had to polish for about 5 mins with wenol i think thats how you spell it anyway they make a real nice polishing kit i am doing my 400 next it just got tore down yesterday i will post some pics

DEAL
03-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Why take the side cover off when you are only doing a little section like that.
It would be a waste of time. And plus you would have to buy a new gasket.

ny300exrider
03-14-2003, 03:28 PM
hey man,thanks for backing me up hehe.i dont feel like buying new gaskets but whatever.i lied i admit it:blah :blah i didnt take them off but i dont feel like draining the oil and gertting gaskets.it works fine if i dont need to get in the back........ok let the bashing begin

DEAL
03-14-2003, 03:31 PM
I did quite a bit of my cases and didn't take my cases off.
I understand taking motormounts or throttle covers off to polish them.
Cases should only be taken off if you plan on doing the whole case and not just little sections.

ny300exrider
03-14-2003, 03:38 PM
yea exactly how i thought about it

CowsBitePeople
03-17-2003, 01:59 AM
I think it looks Good :macho

MaTT....