PDA

View Full Version : lovins a arm bearing

tharrison365
11-28-2012, 05:48 AM
I have a pair of lovins a arms that came on the 250 i just bought but the bearings are wrong. The guy just put what ever bearings he could find that would fit in. Now when i go back to my stock rims the grease zerts are putting groves into my wheels. I am wanting to know what bearing part number i need to replace these with ones that will not rub up against my wheels at all times and lock it up.

ytman
11-28-2012, 06:08 AM
I know it doesn't solve your problem but you can remove the zerk and put a short bolt in instead or just a dab of silicone over the hole. It sounds ghetto but I've raced many a mile that way. That way the zerk could never get broken off and leave a hole for dirt to get in. My 2 cents

tharrison365
11-28-2012, 06:10 AM
the top of the bearing still rubs iv tried it. i tried tighting them down even tighter but they work them selves back up just enough to still rub. im doing a ground up restro so wanting everything done right minus my yfz 450 nerf bars

ytman
11-28-2012, 06:29 AM
can you post a picture ? I'm thinkin' upper ball joint. I'm not familiar with Lovins but I'd like to see.

tharrison365
11-28-2012, 06:55 AM
i dont have the rims with the bike right now. i took them off my z to move it. i accepted it for having no wheels because it was a good deal and i am working on getting hipers right now. Yes it is the upper