PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch "The Moto: Inside The Outdoors"?

madskrillz2
11-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I've watched every season and this season is already turning out to be the best one. The last episode totally changed my opinion on Nico Izzi and now I feel like an ******* for not liking him lol.

mikecole
11-27-2012, 07:32 PM
this season is by far there best yet but only six episodes instead of 12

89trx250r
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM
I have watched all 3 episodes so far. The industry people are pieces of ****.

FHKracingZ
11-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
I have watched all 3 episodes so far. The industry people are pieces of ****.

Its like that in any business. Its a dog eat dog world. Thats human nature, not just the motocross industry. There are PLENTY of amazing people in this industry that I have met.

dxcody
11-28-2012, 06:24 AM
One of my buddies was talking about this show,... Something about Josh Grant had a bank load of money and his mom wiped him out or something?

That is crazy to do that to your own son.

Just took the cash and rolled out..

89trx250r
11-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Idk if I would call it a bank roll but his family had a couple hundred thousand in savings and his mom felt entitled and spent it all...this was when JG was hurt and didn't have any money comin in and get just had a kid...

FHKracingZ
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
lol last time I checked a few hundred thousand is some serious bank roll.

89trx250r
11-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Maybe to you... But when you live a certain lifestyle in a 500,000$ house bills add up and that neategg of 200,000-300,000 is nothing. Some of theese guys were getting 500,000$+ a year contracts. Sorry.

lonnie1977
11-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Last I checked $200,000-300,000 will take you quite a few years in a $500,000 house covering the mortgage and bills that come with such a house. More then long enough to recover from an injury and get back to work. Unless you think your a rockstar and a dumbass to boot.

blacknblue#2
11-29-2012, 04:28 AM
I look at it this way. 500,000 dollar house and he had 200,000-300,000 in a as a cushion for backup. My house appraised for just shy of $200,000 and i dang sure dont have 40-60% of that settin in an account waiting for a rainy day haha. SO i would call it a pretty good lump of cash to anyone

89trx250r
11-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Yea but you guys aren't used to making 500,000 a year either...There is a difference in the needs of wealthy people and the needs of the average Joe...If you don't realize that im sorry. Perfect example is his mom who spent all the money she was used to a certain lifestyle and she felt entitled to it since she provided for Josh when he was coming up...

rf928
11-29-2012, 12:58 PM
The first episode alone made me snap back to reality, and know that there isn't a chance in the world I would make it on a QUAD let alone a bike. Dual Purpose bike and trail quad it is :)

I really like how they cover all this stuff!

madskrillz2
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by rf928
The first episode alone made me snap back to reality, and know that there isn't a chance in the world I would make it on a QUAD let alone a bike. Dual Purpose bike and trail quad it is :)

I really like how they cover all this stuff!

Yeah for whatever reason people seem to think anyone thats's in the pro class and is somewhat known, is filthy rich. Given you can make a lot of money in a short amount of time, but this is showing how fast that can be taken away. Seeing how Izzi was living that last year or so was pretty eye opening.

blacknblue#2
11-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I like how almost all of them make the comment "this is all I know" id say that's very true. many of those guys prolly wouldn't even know how to have a successful career at wal mart. no disrespect torward them but most of them grew up with the attitude they would never have to do anything else

KingpinsEx
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Lucky them, I wish all i knew was moto haha. Anyways this show is by far the best on tv, wish I got Fuel. Have to watch it at friends when I can. ATV 24/7 needs to take some notes about how to film that style. They make it so epic. Love the behind the scenes stuff. It's an interesting look and really makes you wonder how any of the atv pros do it. Let alone the pro ams, a lot of people putting everything they have into racing. It's not a smart plan, but you gotta respect it.

madskrillz2
11-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Lucky them, I wish all i knew was moto haha. Anyways this show is by far the best on tv, wish I got Fuel. Have to watch it at friends when I can. ATV 24/7 needs to take some notes about how to film that style. They make it so epic. Love the behind the scenes stuff. It's an interesting look and really makes you wonder how any of the atv pros do it. Let alone the pro ams, a lot of people putting everything they have into racing. It's not a smart plan, but you gotta respect it.

Honestly after watching these first episodes I'm glad it's not all I know. Josh Grant dropped out in the 9th grade to focus on racing. He is literally screwed as far as finding any job outside of racing. Now I'm sure he could probably find something else within the industry if he had to but as far as just leaving moto all together, he's stuck.

FHKracingZ
11-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Its the price you pay for chasing a dream. You gotta give these guys mad respect. The average person makes around $40,000 a year at a decent job. These guys are making 200-500k atleast ( if they are good ) and getting to race for a living.

Like they said, if you wanna get paid. Win. There is a reason guys like Stewart , RV2, and dungey make between 5-10 million a year.

Heck, Chad Reeds networth is 60 million, he is obviously way beyond smart with his money and invest's it smartly.

dxcody
11-30-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't get Fuel or NBCSN or any of the channels that the decent shows are on..

Luckily for me I have friends who would rather go broke then not have every channel dish offers.. lol

ben300
11-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
I don't get Fuel or NBCSN or any of the channels that the decent shows are on..

Luckily for me I have friends who would rather go broke then not have every channel dish offers.. lol

haha...ive had fuel for a long time and ive never even seen this show....i quit watching fuel cause it seemed to turn into nothing but UFC UFC UFC UFC UFC with the ocasional stupid snow board show like danny and the dingo thrown in..

illl have to look for it sometime

Balaz_73*00
11-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Pretty good show. I had never heard of it til this thread. I was able to find the first 3 episode from 2012 on youtube.

rollie
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
i had watched it last season, but didnt notice it had started up again, this is by far the best season.

It's funny how the show showsall the guys i hate and completely changes my mind about them and they earn my respect, izzi, chissy, i liked grant but damn, they dont have it easy.

thats why i have never had a "favorite" rider, everyones always mad at me because who i want to wins changes from week to week based on what happens.

madskrillz2
11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i had watched it last season, but didnt notice it had started up again, this is by far the best season.

It's funny how the show showsall the guys i hate and completely changes my mind about them and they earn my respect, izzi, chissy, i liked grant but damn, they dont have it easy.

thats why i have never had a "favorite" rider, everyones always mad at me because who i want to wins changes from week to week based on what happens.

Lol that's exactly how I am. I couldn't stand Izzi until I saw that episode. I've changed my opinion on riders for the same reason several times though. I used to HATE Chad Reed, Jason Lawrence (even though he's not relevant anymore), and I even disliked my now favorite rider Stewart. I was a huge Carmichael fan and I just thought Stewart was some punk kid coming in that thought he should win it all. Funny how judgmental we can be at times.

quad2xtreme
12-01-2012, 07:26 AM
I love racing so I really like most of the riders...and at least respect all of them. About the only thing I wish would change in Supercross racing is that once you are within 5 seconds of being lapped, you have to pull off...especially get those riders off the track that are no longer clearing the jumps. Pisses me off to spend so much money to go see a Supercross race only to have the ending ruined by lappers who don't know how to pull over to stay out of the way of a great battle!

89trx250r
12-01-2012, 01:43 PM
The lappers have just as much right to be there as the front runners...they pay their own way!

rf928
12-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah I think they were awful harsh on lappers this year. I've been in both situations, scared out of my mind when I heard some kid with too much speed and zero respect behind me thinking I should just stop and let him by. I've also been the one getting mad at other people because they are holding me up when the leader is getting away. Can't really get mad at them, they are struggling to get to the races!

quad2xtreme
12-01-2012, 05:36 PM
actually they don't have as much right to be there as the leaders coming up to pass...it is why they get a blue flag. They become secondary and are supposed to get out of the way. Too many of them just don't know where to go so they suddenly look like amateurs. BTW, I am talking about 450 pro class...anything else isn't really pro to me.

dxcody
12-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I agree.

You know how many young guys would give everything to run a race with those guys and then you see the guys who got a bad start, so they decide they are gonna just roll the entire track and be in the way for the entire race..

I understand if you are hurt/ broke something and just wanna roll a couple laps for points but seriously? You are in the top 20 BEST riders in the world, and you are gonna roll the whole track and not even be the least bit competitive?

Just my point of view on it.

89trx250r
12-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Dude I am so sick of people who talk from there ***...Do you even know the blue flag rule? The blue flag rule says that the rider being past must hold his or her line... It is the responsibility of the faster rider to make the pass safely. If the slower rider wants to help make the leader pass smoother that's THEIR CHOICE. No where does it say move over pull over get out of the way nothing...You are an idiot.

Also when I said they have every right to be there I meant on the gate they pay to go to every race out of pocket! I could give a flying rats *** about the pros look at this seasons outdoors it was a 1 man show with Dungey. That's what you want SX to be 5 dudes lapping the track since no one else can go there speed?

I agree with you 100% Dx if they are there not racing hard gtfo...but if they are there giving it 100% then they deserve to be there!

zyoung04
12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I always liked grant when he was coming up thru the lites class. I feel injury really sit him back time after time. No doubt his better days are prob behind him bcuz of that but I still like the guy always seemed like a cool dude. Izzi always seemed cool when mx vs atv was a big thing and he rode a Suzuki in the lites I raced with him on there a good bit kinda thought he was full of it at first done some research and found out who he was. I thought the Davi Millsaps one was really interesting u wouldn't think a mother would get fiery over any sort of racing.

I give all these guys mad props. I like how their goin in and doin something a lil different this year goin into their personal lives cuz all we see is the glits and glamour of them racing and most prob think they have it easy but this shows they dont.

quad2xtreme
12-02-2012, 06:48 AM
My point across the threads is that the lappers just end up getting in the way of the real racing. Fans pay (airfare, hotel, rental cars, & tickets) and deserve to see the real cat and mouse battles of the leaders without some "relatively" slow rider getting in the way. To me, holding your line does not mean taking the "fast" line around the track. In SX, there is often only one really good line and that is the one the race leaders deserve out of respect. When you get a blue flag, the rider needs to respect the race leaders and do their best not to impede the flow of the faster riders...this means picking a less desirable line at the first opportunity. Otherwise, I am not sure why you'd put a blue flag out at all. Wouldn't the guy just know to hold his line by taking the fast line anyhow?

The personal attack calling me an idiot was really clever. At first I was nervous to post anymore. LMAO and grow up.

89trx250r
12-02-2012, 08:15 AM
You are an idiot...if it was up to you it sounds like there would be 7 guys on the gate since no one else is as fast. Hmm I wonder how many fans a gate of 7 pulls in lol...

quad2xtreme
12-02-2012, 08:52 AM
You are an idiot...if it was up to you it sounds like there would be 7 guys on the gate since no one else is as fast. Hmm I wonder how many fans a gate of 7 pulls in lol...

You really suck at debating and communicating your position in an effective manner. You actually come off as the "idiot" using your words. To this post, I never mentioned anything about not having a full gates or that the slowest of the pro riders don't belong out on the track. Read my post again...it is just hard to say over and over that slower guys end up ruining the excitement of the top two or three riders battling it out. Sorry this is so hard for you to comprehend. Talk to any of the old time racers and they will tell you the purpose of the blue flag is to let the lapped rider know the leader is coming around and you need to be respectful and provide an easy pass. Nobody wants to see the leaders go down from a lapped rider suddenly making stupid moves, etc. Sorry to tell you this but yes a lapped rider needs to hold their line but they also need to give up the faster lines. When you've been lapped let's face it, your race is over. Nobody cares if you came in 20th, 19th, or 18th.

XCRacer236
12-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know how many episodes have aired so far and what the names of them are? I found 3 replays, but it seems like I am missing an episode or two. Thanks

quad2xtreme
12-08-2012, 01:23 PM
4 of them

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwx_ookpgy0CMaE1lbcZYvNysXUWcQo8s

here's 3 of them. You can find the fourth easily too by searching youtube for "The Moto Inside the outdoors 2012"

XCRacer236
12-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
4 of them

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwx_ookpgy0CMaE1lbcZYvNysXUWcQo8s

here's 3 of them. You can find the fourth easily too by searching youtube for "The Moto Inisde the outdoors 2012"

Thanks

zyoung04
12-26-2012, 11:20 PM
is the series over with? i was really enjoying something other than espn haha

madskrillz2
12-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by zyoung04
is the series over with? i was really enjoying something other than espn haha

Yeah there was only 6 this season. Fuel cut their budget for it and the guy producing it had to pay out of pocket. The Dungey episode was the last one. Fuel has sold out with all this UFC crap.

zyoung04
12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Yeah there was only 6 this season. Fuel cut their budget for it and the guy producing it had to pay out of pocket. The Dungey episode was the last one. Fuel has sold out with all this UFC crap.

i noticed it was coming on other channels i didnt have. yea i dont mind a lil bit of ufc but its been like 4 days straight now haha

89trx250r
12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Fuel was bought by UFC I think...About a year ago it went from skate/snow/surf/bike shows all day everyday to just ****ing gay *** ufc...I ****ing hate ufc.

quad2xtreme
12-27-2012, 03:49 PM
I am hoping with Mountain Dew sponsorship that we see more quad related stuff in the Dew Tour.

dxcody
12-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Fuel was bought by UFC I think...About a year ago it went from skate/snow/surf/bike shows all day everyday to just ****ing gay *** ufc...I ****ing hate ufc.

i feel the exact same way.. lol

madskrillz2
12-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I really can't stand it anymore either. I liked it a lot about 4-5 years ago but now it just feels like a more realistic version of WWE wrestling. I honestly thought it was a big fad that would die out but apparently that's not happening anytime soon.

blacknblue#2
12-28-2012, 10:22 AM

I couldn't agree more. the channel is called fuel.....what does a bunch of steroid injected swell heads have to do with fuel.. I bought my direct tv package based on it having fuel. If some stuff don't change ill be dropping to a cheaper package

89trx250r
12-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah exactly I made sure to have fuel on my directv setup but I sure as hell didnt ask for UFC channel lol.

TrapZ400
12-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm with you guys. The only reason I upgraded to get fuel was for all the skate, bmx, mx, and freestyle and now I don't even check out the channel anymore because all it is UFC and nothin else. Thinking about canceling it.

Hopefully some other channel will start broadcasting all the skate, bmx, mx, and freestyle shows that we all love. I do have to give fuel props for airing the moto inside the outdoors though.

zyoung04
12-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Can't lose hope yet. I seen they are showing last years Vegas race on Sunday.