PDA

View Full Version : Next engine mods

eagertorace
11-25-2012, 11:46 AM
I have the 100cc now, stock. If I wanted to go into the motor for more performance/power what are my options? I've read about the 90cc 2 fast and malosi kits. Also would just porting my stock cylinder etc be enough?
Thanks for any info

Bike is stock except for carb and gen1 Hetrick pipe

rd2005
11-25-2012, 09:34 PM
I have a Malossi but 2 Fast is good as well both are very good if you do go big it will run a min of $2000.00 up to aprox $3000.00 depends on what you wont to do.

mmsoup
11-26-2012, 05:47 AM
Depends on what you want to spend and what your pilot is doing with the quad.

If you are racing it currently and a 100cc - 105cc is legal then you could send the motor to one of a few builders who specialize in 105cc motors and have it built. At that point, maybe a pipe, intake, carb then clutch mods and then ignition. Kind of in that order although the clutch mods would be beneficial with no power increase. This is the old school method but it can work fine on a budget.

If you have loads of extra cash and just like the best, get a 2Fast kit, overrange system, slipper clutch, pipe, ignition, intake and carb have the cases ported (Kind of all at once because these mods work best as a package)and go race, but you better upgrade the suspension while you are at that and voila you are swimming in the deep end several thousand dollars poorer. Right about that time, the odd kid decides he wants to play soccer lol.

Good luck

eagertorace
11-26-2012, 10:43 PM
so if I went to one of the two kits mentioned, I would be going down in cc size?

I'm sure it would run alot better too, lol

also would the crank have to be changed if I went down in size?

fomospede
11-27-2012, 10:57 AM
work on suspension and
in the cvt
im not sure thats the best pipe for your application either

nordic quad
11-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes and yes on the aftermarket kits.But your stock 100cc can be a lot faster,based on own experience a good porting of the exhaust port and a good pipe 28mm PWK carb and matching clutch mods helps a lot.
We also use 19/30 gearing and Hetrick/max rpm slipperclutch.
No matter what you do,aftermarket or porting peak power will be at higher rpms,and higher rpm can benefit from a PVL.

These mods are very similar to the factory tuned MXR-R available in europe and sports about +4 hp over stock.

Stein A

mmsoup
11-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Just to be up front we own three ported Malossi Big Bore Kits and run every goody we can get our hands on to improve handling, clutching performance etc.

The 2Fast kits built properly are tremendous and could put out more power if clutched properly. If money isn't an issue these are the best choice and Hotquads, Hetrick, Chris Grissom, Billy Holt, Tommy Alley, MaxRPM or G-Force can hook you up with a great build

These cylinders require a 44mm stroke crank Malossi uses an 85mm rod, 2Fat a 90mm rod. Both use the Malossi 50mm piston

The main question is are you racing your child now and at what level? Nordic has a point and we ran a Chris Grisson ported cast 90cc that absolutely rocked a few years ago.
Get a Trackside or Hetrick Gen 3 Call Chris Grissom at Suzuki of Paris (Tennessee) or Mr. Hetrick or Tommy Alley or Billy Holt send them the motor and let them work their magic. Maybe add a reasonable full circle stroker crank with good bearings and turn it into a 110, Add the pipe, a quality intake case matched by Chris and a solid carb and finish it off with a PVL and it will be plenty strong. They aren't as refined as the Italian kits but they pull.........

I went Italian because I prefer to do all of my own work except port timing changes and it was easier for me in that respect. Gary at G-Force has worked with us for several years and with multiple kids riding at the time I wanted all the internals to match to keep spare inventory down.

Good luck, these things can be heartwrenching and they can also offer lots of time with your kids depending on how you look at it

redonkulousruntsracing
11-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Polini has a pretty respectable 94cc kit that i have heard is pretty stout when set up right. Chris Grissom can make just about anything put out a "crapload" of power (yes that is a technical term) lol