PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder exhaust?

400man
11-24-2012, 08:57 PM
I was bored and decided to check out GT Thunder's website (hadnt been on it in a long time) and seen that they build their own custom exhaust. And they claim its LOUD :p and out performs any other exhaust??

any opinions??

heres the link:

http://www.gtthunder.com/Product/400EXexhaust.html

ish416
11-24-2012, 09:36 PM
That's the cheapest looking silencer I have ever seen. That makes the old DG and Cobras look like high end pieces.

gasguzzler
11-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Looks pretty sweet! If I had known he was doing these, I probably would've gone that route instead of building my custom one. I bet it is crazy loud though.

400man
11-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by gasguzzler
Looks pretty sweet! If I had known he was doing these, I probably would've gone that route instead of building my custom one. I bet it is crazy loud though.

but yours has the bigger headpipe, right? to me the gt thunder exhaust looks like a custom pieced together header with a "shorty" type silencer?

gasguzzler
11-25-2012, 07:28 AM
It looks like he's using 1 1/4 or 1 3/8 on the primary, mine is 1 1/2. It looks like he's got at least a 2" from the merge to the muffler though, which is about the same as mine. Not sure who's design would work better. The muffler I used will likely be quieter. I wouldn't be able to produce mine and sell it for $450 though.

TacicalRedneck
11-25-2012, 08:29 AM
i really like the looks of it! wonder how it sounds

Zakradu398
11-25-2012, 03:32 PM
$300 for chrome? lulz

HondaRacing83
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
ill stick to my $200 slipon with ground header welds

TacicalRedneck
11-25-2012, 04:33 PM
you've got to admit.... that is a big tip!

jman7290
11-25-2012, 08:59 PM
That's what she said!!!

dxcody
11-26-2012, 02:31 PM
No disrespect to anyone at GTT or anything like that.. I mean I love most of their products and have great Ideas... But honestly, this,

"tried to get several exhaust companies to make exact copies of it for me many times with no luck. "

Is a huge turn off...

If exhaust companies saw anything in this exhaust they liked, they would have hopped on board... But what that basically tells me is they said, "We aren't putting our name on that thing.."

So again, no offence to Laz, but I am not crazy about those exhausts... Specifically the way they look, and that he talks about how loud it is..

gasguzzler
11-26-2012, 09:49 PM
The production exhaust companies are concerned with what sells to the masses (94-98db range and basic bolt-ons) and not to the niche market (400ex combos pushing 40+ horse).

I called a production exhaust company regarding my project and an engineer told me they originally designed their performance 400ex exhaust roughly as big as mine and their marketing people told them most people didn't have enough mods to support that much flow and it should be smaller.

I'm not a big fan obnoxiously loud, but if it flows well enough I'll accept it. Dasa exhaust sells well for 450R's.

ben300
11-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
No disrespect to anyone at GTT or anything like that.. I mean I love most of their products and have great Ideas... But honestly, this,

"tried to get several exhaust companies to make exact copies of it for me many times with no luck. "

Is a huge turn off...

If exhaust companies saw anything in this exhaust they liked, they would have hopped on board... But what that basically tells me is they said, "We aren't putting our name on that thing.."

So again, no offence to Laz, but I am not crazy about those exhausts... Specifically the way they look, and that he talks about how loud it is..

buddy had a GT thunder prototype exhaust, similar to that, on his 05 450r....was the most loud, god awful thing on the track (kinda get a half a chubby thinking about how loud it was), but it did perform well with his fully built motor....and it was pretty well made

...with that said...i doubt id buy one. ill stick with my hmf.....but, if i didnt have a girl friend and wasnt house shopping, id possibly consider it.....funds are tight these days yo lol

....watch ebay though...somebody will buy one and use it adn then sell it..